What's Your Single Favorite Song of All Time?

Dream On by Aerosmith --hard to believe Steve Tyler wrote that when he was just a teenager!!

Followed closely by Love Song by the Cure (and no, I was NOT a Goth!)

Into the Mystic. Van Morrison. He was the first person my wife and I saw in concert when we were 16 and it was our wedding song.

Right now it's narrowed down to 7: Hero by Nickelback, So Long Self by MercyMe, Incomplete by The Backstreet Boys, Dead Man (Carry Me) by Jars of Clay, Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns, Burn for You by TobyMac, and Blake Lewis's interpretation of You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi. :laughing: Of course, the song list changes almost weekly so... who knows. :confused3 These are the songs I'm living on right now though. :thumbsup2

There are so many that I really love. But since I have to pick just one, I will go with "Landslide", by Stevie Nicks/Fleetweood Mac

Wow, this is a hard one...hmmm there are so many! I would have to say that my favorite band is the Tragically Hip, but my favorite song is Anna Begins by the Counting Crows.

That's in my all-time top five, but as the OP said we could only pick one :rolleyes1

Hey, don't let that stop you. As you see, I found an excuse to mention another one of my favorites earlier. I'm sure it won't take all that much to get me to name a few (dozen) more. Once you've narrowed it down to just one absolute favorite song, you can always mention the ones that narrowly missed out being in first place.

So, bring 'em on! :thumbsup2

Bob Dylan's "Desolation Row" (or maybe "Tangled Up in Blue")

The Pogues "Summer in Siam" or maybe "Turkish Song of the Damned"

"Tangled Up in Blue" is my favorite Dylan song, followed closely by "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)".

Great to see the Pogues mentioned! My favorite Pogues song is "Thousands Are Sailing".

"Wish You Were Here" is my absolute favorite song. Close second is 'Angie' by the Stones. More recent favorite is 'Picture It" by Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock:goodvibes

Hey, don't let that stop you. As you see, I found an excuse to mention another one of my favorites earlier. I'm sure it won't take all that much to get me to name a few (dozen) more. Once you've narrowed it down to just one absolute favorite song, you can always mention the ones that narrowly missed out being in first place.

So, bring 'em on! :thumbsup2
Well, as I've been given permission :teeth:
I've already mentioned Chicago's Beginnings and seconded Don Henley's Boys of Summer so I'll round out my top five with Sting's If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free, Elvis Costello's Radio, Radio and Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way by Waylon Jennings.

Well, as I've been given permission :teeth:
I've already mentioned Chicago's Beginnings and seconded Don Henley's Boys of Summer so I'll round out my top five with Sting's If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free, Elvis Costello's Radio, Radio and Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way by Waylon Jennings.

Well, far be it from me to deprive you (or anyone else) of my top five, so, without any further ado:

Of course we already know the top two from earlier ("A Day in the Life", "Bad"); the remaining three are: "Folsom Prison Blues", by Johnny Cash; a tie between "Troy" and "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance", by Sinead O'Connor; and yet another tie between "Mama Tried" and "Sing Me Back Home", by Merle Haggard.

See? I can flaunt even my own rules!

"Tangled Up in Blue" is my favorite Dylan song, followed closely by "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)".Great to see the Pogues mentioned! My favorite Pogues song is "Thousands Are Sailing".

Love those, too. Hmm...maybe I like Thousands are Sailing better than Turkish Song of the Damned.

Well, far be it from me to deprive you (or anyone else) of my top five, so, without any further ado:

Of course we already know the top two from earlier ("A Day in the Life", "Bad"); the remaining three are: "Folsom Prison Blues", by Johnny Cash; a tie between "Troy" and "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance", by Sinead O'Connor; and yet another tie between "Mama Tried" and "Sing Me Back Home", by Merle Haggard.
See? I can flaunt even my own rules!
Somehow I didn't have you pegged as a fellow classic country fan. Great choices there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter