Whats your Pet Peeves at WDW

amgine27

MGPartners.info
Hello there DIS'ersI started a thread a couple of weeks ago and regarding pet peeves at WDW and it got it little out of control concerning EVC's and wheelchairs, and at the asking of a kind moderator i was allowed to put it back up. please i ask be respectful of people in those conditions because they are just trying to enjoy the parks just like everyone else.

-----Thanks

The only pet peeve that I have is when people refer to the Magic Kingdom as 'Disney World'. I understand some people began going before any of the other parks existed (actually, so did I - but I was 2 and didn't really care what anything was called).

I also understand that some people are accustomed to Disneyland but people - it's Magic Kingdom. The park map says 'Magic Kingdom'. The busses from your resort say 'Magic Kingdom'. If you are anywhere on property - you are already at Walt Disney World.

:upsidedow There, that's my pet peeve.

:teeth:

The only pet peeve that I have is when people refer to the Magic Kingdom as 'Disney World'. I understand some people began going before any of the other parks existed (actually, so did I - but I was 2 and didn't really care what anything was called).

I also understand that some people are accustomed to Disneyland but people - it's Magic Kingdom. The park map says 'Magic Kingdom'. The busses from your resort say 'Magic Kingdom'. If you are anywhere on property - you are already at Walt Disney World.

I have that same peeve. Also, I get annoyed when people think Universal and Sea World are part of WDW.
Hey..no flames...we all have quirky peeves.

Unfortunately this happens to us every visit to WDW. My main pet peeve is when people cut infront of you in line, whether it be in line for a character meet & greet or in line, to check in at a restaurant, etc. The most annoying instance from our recent trip was at DHS. We were anticipating a character to return for meet&greet at noon, so we were waiting there for her to return in the designated spot at abt 11:50, and we were the first to be there. Others started to line up behind us, but then a woman and her 2 children siddled up in front of us. And THEN a family of 4 cut between us and the siddlers! And all of this just before the character arrived. There is NO WAY they did not notice the line. After we watched as the siddlers had their visit with the character, I did ask the other family if they wouldn't mind us going before them since we were at that time supposed to be having an ADR and were already late for it. They oh so graciously let us go ahead of them. I was just amazed that people would be so brazen. Oh well. We had our visit, and went on our merry way to lunch.

Oh and may I mention this experience which until now I did not know was a pet peeve bc I did not imagine I would ever see. Again we were standing in a character line at DHS when I caught a whiff of something unpleasant and heard a couple people whispering "gross!" to each other. I turned around and behind me in line a mom is actually changing a poopy diaper with the child standing upright and crying, and let's just say the diaper was a MESS! This all bc she didn't want to lose her place in line to see Donald and Daisy Duck??? It was totally icky. I have my own kids and I will tell you I would never do that no matter what character I was in line to see. There's just no excuse for that.

My own DD4 does this! I have explained it to her umpteen times and even showed her a map to show her the difference. It must be stopped!:rotfl:

My biggest pet peeves on our last trip were:

-People who walk around the parks freely smoking, instead of going to designated areas (I'm a smoker I might add!)
-People who cut in line with a blatently lying excuse about why they "have to" get up front
-People who are rude to their servers. DBF is a server himself (not at WDW) & I can't help but notice & cringe when I overhear people near me treating their server like a slave or blaming them for things not in their control.

I should add that, except for the smoking issue that happened alot at Epcot & DHS, these other things occurred only a few times during our trip.

As for non guest related stuff-would the sight of a turkey leg count as a pet peeve?
:scared: :rotfl:

My biggest one is standing in line for a ride and they decide they want to push their way through everyone to get to the front.

It doesn't work on me. I am 6'2" 285 lbs and an ex correction officer in a maximum security lock down facility. They make it as far as I am in line and not any farther. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.

Thanks
Steve

O.K. I have some similar pet peeves:

1. Line cutters
2. People who don't clean up after themselves in the parks after they eat.

I have other ones, but I don't want to be flamed! :) ;)

My pet peeve is the line cutters that send out a "Line Cutting Scout" that wiggles their way ahead at turns and doors (like Test Track, RnR, etc) then plays surprised that they got seperated from the rest of the group. Instead of the ONE Scout going BACK to their group, they call their family of about 83 people up to them !! The unsuspecting person in line thinks they are letting one or two people pass but end up letting an entire herd through !!

pet peeves

Anyone 8 years in older in a "baby" carriage

Parents who scream at their poor exhausted blubbering child that they have dragged thru a park for the past 12 hours! - yup thats really the kids fault

smoking in non-designated areas - its sooo easy to follow this simple rule
(x-smoker who while still smoking thought this was a very reasonable request)

Number one peeve is people who BLOCK the entrance to the fast pass line while they "WAIT" for thier time to come up - people lets remember WHY we have fastpasses!!!

hey thanks - that felt good

My biggest one is standing in line for a ride and they decide they want to push their way through everyone to get to the front.

It doesn't work on me. I am 6'2" 285 lbs and an ex correction officer in a maximum security lock down facility. They make it as far as I am in line and not any farther. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.

Thanks
Steve

Wow! Can we hire you to join us on our next trip?!::yes::

My pet peeve is when you come across a rude CM. If ya don't like working with lots of people then don't work at Disney World!

1. People who think that because I am an adult, I don't deserve to see the parade or meet the characters. I will be more than happy to make room for your little one to see the parade, but I will not give up my spot just because I am an adult. And if I wait in line for a charater, or spend money for a character meal, I expect to be able to get a picture without your child. I know your kiddies are excited to see the character, but please teach them to wait their turn.

2. People who do not clean up after themselves at the counter service places. How hard is it to throw your trash away? And that means IN the trash can, not on it or next to it. It is the nice thing to do.

3. People who are rude to the CMs. Yes they are there doing a job, but that does not make them your slave or your whipping post. Show some manners! I still wish I had the nerve to say something to the woman who was so proud that she got a handful of EMH wristbands by yelling at a CM until they gave them to her. She just thought she was so great, and I thought she was a rude, classless jerk.

4. People who do not flush, or who leave messes behind them in the bathroom. Again, clean up after yourselves people! Yuck!

pet peeves

Anyone 8 years in older in a "baby" carriage

hey thanks - that felt good

I'm not trying to start an argument. But my then 11yr old nice did hop in the double-stroller with her younger sister during their last trip to Disney World. She had been going thru a growth spurt, and was having, according to her doctor, growing-pains. Her legs would bother her at times, so she just hopped in with her sis. And this is a girl who plays basketball year round, and plays volleyball too. So she is not fat, or under exercized. She just hurt, so she rode in the stroller for a while. I'm not sure why this would bother anyone.

Groups that stop in the middle of a flow of traffic to decide where they are going next. Move to the side, people.

Mine's more of a pet peeve with the history accuracy of an attraction - Carousel of Progress. In the first scene, the father makes a statement about "two brothers (Wright) from North Carolina who are working on some kind of flying contraption." Well they were really from Dayton Ohio, not North Carolina. Not a big deal, just a pet peeve.

I'm not trying to start an argument. But my then 11yr old nice did hop in the double-stroller with her younger sister during their last trip to Disney World. She had been going thru a growth spurt, and was having, according to her doctor, growing-pains. Her legs would bother her at times, so she just hopped in with her sis. And this is a girl who plays basketball year round, and plays volleyball too. So she is not fat, or under exercized. She just hurt, so she rode in the stroller for a while. I'm not sure why this would bother anyone.

I'm with you. If I made my kids walk the entire trip, we'd have to call it a day at 1pm! Their little legs just can't keep up with adults. Not sure why this should bother anyone anyway?

1. People who think that because I am an adult, I don't deserve to see the parade or meet the characters. I will be more than happy to make room for your little one to see the parade, but I will not give up my spot just because I am an adult. And if I wait in line for a charater, or spend money for a character meal, I expect to be able to get a picture without your child. I know your kiddies are excited to see the character, but please teach them to wait their turn.

I can't stand it when I line up for a parade very early so that my DD's can sit on the curb and I can stand right behind them to get some good pictures without anyone blocking my view, and then some parents will try to push their kids (sometimes in a stroller) in front of me. Also when you find a spot with a little elbow room, and Mr. or Mrs. "I forgot to put on deoderant today" comes up and stands right next to you with their arms up, waving at all the characters.:sick:

1. Guests who stop right in the middle of a walkway and pull out a map to decide where they are going next. You're blocking hundreds of people behind you!

2. Guests who don't clean up after themselves -either by throwing out their trash after eating/drinking something, or by not flushing the toilet. Very, very gross. Similarly, guests who just throw their trash on the ground. There are trash cans like what, every 20 feet? Give me a break!

3. Guests who throw their trash (mostly diapers) on the ground in the parking lot. I have no problem with you changing your child at your vehicle, but would it absolutely kill you to wait a few minutes until you get somewhere with a trash can to throw it out? Someone else is going to have to pick that up now, you know.

4. Guests who are rude to CM's. People, they're employees who are working very hard for not a whole heck of a lot of money, and many of them do it because they love putting smiles on peoples faces. Just because you heard they have to smile and be nice to you does not give you the right to scream at them, kick them, punch them, spit on them, etc. Sadly I've either seen these things, or heard from CM's that this has happened to them. I honestly wish some of those CM's had called security and pressed charges.

5. People who will show up just as a parade or fireworks are starting, and stand RIGHT IN FRONT of people who have been sitting on a cement curb for an hour! RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!

6. People who don't pay attention to the line moving in front of them, thus slowing down the line for everyone behind them. I don't know why, but this one drives me crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter