Whats your Pet Peeves at WDW

The smoking thing bothers me to no end (I am a smoker BTW). At the parks it's not so bad because the CMs are usualy around to tell people not to smoke, but at the resorts people smoke wherever they want, and they get a snotty attitude if you ask them to just go to a smoking spot. Like it's their God-given riht to smoke wherever they want.

And, you know what, even if it weren't the rules, it's just good to be polite about it.

My pet peeves are:

1. Non-Smokers who come into the smoking areas and start coughing and giving pointed looks and comments. I only smoke in designated smoking areas and wouldn't dream of smoking elsewhere so give me a break!!, if you don't like the smoke stay out of the smoking area.

2. People who can't wait for my whole family to get past and cut through the middle of us, spliting us up. They could either wait until we are all past or cut past quickly before the first one. Same with people who jump up off bus seats whilst we are in line to get off the bus between my 8 year old and the rest of us so he gets off the bus minutes before us.

I honestly don't take much notice other than this at what other people get up to. I go about my business in a polite way, always say excuse me, please and thank you and if I come across rude people I just tend to ignore them.
As long as they are not posing a safety risk to my family, they can keep their manners, I am not gonna let them bother me.;)

The poster that mentioned over 8's in strollers. On our recent visit my 8 year old son had an accident in a pool and banged his foot on the side. He couldn't hardly walk for a couple of days. It was either a stroller or a wheelchair, we thought the better option was a stroller! He didn't want to appear disabled! He is not a lazy child and he had walked around the parks for 8 or 9 days before this all day. As we say in England, you can't judge a book by its cover.;)

I can't stand it when I line up for a parade very early so that my DD's can sit on the curb and I can stand right behind them to get some good pictures without anyone blocking my view, and then some parents will try to push their kids (sometimes in a stroller) in front of me. Also when you find a spot with a little elbow room, and Mr. or Mrs. "I forgot to put on deoderant today" comes up and stands right next to you with their arms up, waving at all the characters.:sick:

I hear ya! This is almost always my only complaint in the parks. My husband and I sit down very early and get a good spot and by the time the parade starts, people have tried to push us out of the way. I know that we don't have kids, but that does mean that you can push your kids in front of us or that you have a right to elbow us until we move just because you have walked up one minute before parade time and your child can't see! It is very frustrating because I don't want to argue with these people because I don't want to ruin the parade for those around us, but this seems to happen every time. And we are usually very nice. If there is a polite family with a child in the back we often offer to make room, but the rude familes don't care...they make room for themselves!:rolleyes2

I am sorry to read that this happens to families with kids too...so I guess this will never end!

Oh I now see the comments from Maxiesmom...I feel your pain! Haha, sometimes it's tough being an adult in WDW. :rotfl2:

Mine would be

1. People stopping in the middle the walkways, and I have to either run into them, or dodge out of the way and into someone else's way (and more than likely get hit by a stroller)

2. I don't mind crying kids on some of the attractions as I can tell they are scared, but please parents, take the kid out if you can't calm them down, so that everyone can enjoy the rest of the show.

3. People blocking the Fastpass enterence as they stand around waiting for their return time.

Another of my favorite peeves, is the people that stand in a food line for 15 minutes BEFORE it is their turn....then when it actually IS their turn (say it with me..) they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT !! Are you kidding me ?? They stood there for 15 minutes and there is only a few things to choose from ! Then, in case I didn't look close enough to losing it, they start shouting back to the rest of their party to see what they want and what kind of drink, etc ! The poor CM will usually give up and take the order from the other side by this point and then the person that didn't know what they wanted will get mad at the CM for not waiting !! Oh puh-leese !!:crazy2:

Biggest pet peeve of mine: drunk people in any of the parks.

1. Parents who use their strollers to move folks out of their way. Now, I have NO problem with strollers (been there, done that) but when they are used to bump, push, or in any way mangle an ankle, that's when I get ticked. BTW, I am also the one who gets nailed in the grocery store by carts too. ouch!

2. Line and Parade cutters: UGGGHH! This one gets me. I have been known to really stand my ground - I mean feet planted shoulder width apart - and not move. My DH laughs at me but come on - its the principle of the thing. Don't try to run me or my family over. I am a 5'11" mom so it doesn't happen too often and while some may try, not a chance baby! :cool1: The Parade stuff ticks me off too. There I have also been know to take up an extra foot of space just to make sure my kids can breathe during the event. Now I also make sure I have my kids save a little extra room for a couple of little kids who come so they can see too. :goodvibes

I pay alot for food (even if it is counter service) and I would like to receive it hot every time I order it. At lunch it is great, but if it is the middle of the afternoon it can be luke warm at best.

One thing that drives me nuts on the bus is when a perfectly healthy adult person will remain seated, while a pregnant woman, elderly person, or a person carrying a sleping child is standing. I am a young(ish) helthy man, so I stand on the bus unless there are empty seats while the bus is moving. I understand that some of the people who remain seated may have some physical problem, but so many people remain seated (IMO) that they can't all have physical problems.

- when people are nasty to CMs. Heck, even when I'm at home, I hate to see the way some people who work retail are treated by customers. I've had friends who got spit upon, sworn at, and threatened with assault while at work.

- I used to wonder about the older kids in the strollers, but I think it ties in with people who don't give up their seat on the bus. We can't know what someone's circumstances are so I've been trying not to pass judgement. I have a chronic condition but look healthy. I would not expect someone to give me their seat , because they could have problems too. Know what I did last trip?..Several times I was close to the front of the line but just knew if I got on that bus that it would be jammed full. I waited for the next one. Simple as that.

-people who make rude comments when you are in the fastpass line and they are in the standby line.Things like "it must be nice to be rich" HUH? Do these people do no kind of reading up on WDW whatsoever? I mean I could see if fastpass was a new thing!:confused3 Have to admit though, my slightly evil side will kind of get a kick out of it.;)

One thing that drives me nuts on the bus is when a perfectly healthy adult person will remain seated, while a pregnant woman, elderly person, or a person carrying a sleping child is standing. I am a young(ish) helthy man, so I stand on the bus unless there are empty seats while the bus is moving. I understand that some of the people who remain seated may have some physical problem, but so many people remain seated (IMO) that they can't all have physical problems.

I totally agree with you :thumbsup2 I've seen this happen many many times. Me and my DH always give our seat up to someone who looks like they need one, my DDs even give up their seat when need be. That's definetly a pet peeve in my book.

Strollers!!!
It's like when you go to Wal-Mart and you see those people using the motorized carts; stay clear they are dangerous........lol

The thing about 8 and over in stroller is really a hard thing to judge. My DD is 6. She is 49 inches tall and looks like she is at least 8. I have had people her entire life judge her behavior because she looks older. At three she looked to be five so people expected her to wait and act like a five year old. Right now she is very mature for her age and is doing an intergrated day where she goes up a grade level but if she gets tired we will surely rent her a stroller. I would hate for people to judge us because of it.

-Becca-

Many moons ago when I first started to go to Disney World, this used to be a pet peeve of mine too. But now I think differently. Would it be nice if someone offered a seat to a person who appeared to need it more? Sure. But as you stated, you can't judge who needs a seat and who doesn't just by looking at them. And if you are a person who shouldn't stand on a bus for any reason, you really need to look out for yourself. Wait for a bus that has seating available, rent a car, or take a taxi. If you feel that you are putting yourself in jeopardy by getting on a standing-room only bus, then don't get on. You need to look out for you and your family, and not put that on the shoulders of total strangers.

Teenaged kids can be bad enough, but latin tour groups are the worst....they cut lines like you would believe and it drives me absolutely nuts...I'm surpirsed I haven't seen more complaints about the Turisimo groups on here...They are rude!

-people who make rude comments when you are in the fastpass line and they are in the standby line.Things like "it must be nice to be rich" HUH? Do these people do no kind of reading up on WDW whatsoever? I mean I could see if fastpass was a new thing!:confused3 Have to admit though, my slightly evil side will kind of get a kick out of it.;)

:rotfl2: I know what you mean, this doesn't really bother me because I mostly think it is funny, hysterical actually. I have gotten people that make rude faces or say "I wonder how much they paid to get to do that." That is when I just smile and enjoy the fact that I have "basic" disney knowledge! This could also apply for the thread "The funniest things you've overheard in the parks."

Strollers!!!
It's like when you go to Wal-Mart and you see those people using the motorized carts; stay clear they are dangerous........lol

As someone who still uses strollers for her kids, I hate to hear this. I mean, I have never, ever ran anyone over. And I actually have never seen anyone do it or have had it done to me. I believe that it happens but we aren't all bad. I have been run over by those electric wheelchairs plenty of times, but we aren't allowed to complain about them. :rotfl:

The thing about 8 and over in stroller is really a hard thing to judge. My DD is 6. She is 49 inches tall and looks like she is at least 8. I have had people her entire life judge her behavior because she looks older. At three she looked to be five so people expected her to wait and act like a five year old. Right now she is very mature for her age and is doing an intergrated day where she goes up a grade level but if she gets tired we will surely rent her a stroller. I would hate for people to judge us because of it.

-Becca-

My dd will be 7 next month but is so tiny she could easily pass as 5 if you didn't talk to her. She gets VERY tired even when going to the mall. I wouldn't let her sit in a stroller at the mall but at WDW I absolutely would. It is not a battle I am willing to fight while on vacation at the happiest place on earth. If she is tired, then she can sit. Why even fight it?

I feel you shouldn't expect to be offered someone's seat, regardless of your condition. I do wish more people would do this, but you can't expect it or be angry if it doesn't happen. Like another said, you should wait for another bus if you need to sit.

Strollers - no one should judge. I don't care how old a kid is if they get tired they are crabby! Why should the parent have to deal with it when a stroller may solve the problem and make a more pleasurable day. Especially somewhere like WDW. There are also a lot of special needs kids & adults that enjoy the parks & we don't know their limitations.

We do need to be respectful of others - we don't know everyone's situation and it is not our place to judge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter