What's the weather like mid Oct. at Disney for those that have been in Oct.??

edk35

DIS Veteran
We have never been in Oct. We have been in May, July, Aug. Nov. Dec. Jan. March/April for spring break.

We are going on Oct. 17th for 6 nights. Just curious. Thanks!!

We have never been in Oct. We have been in May, July, Aug. Nov. Dec. Jan. March/April for spring break.

We are going on Oct. 17th for 6 nights. Just curious. Thanks!!
We were at WDW last Oct end of month for 4 days and had beautiful weather, swam every day!Our first F&W day was very warm, 80's. Can't wait for our October trip again. :beach: Enjoy!:goodvibes

Last year was quite warm (but less humid than summer time)

November 8th-18th-2015 ~ temps were 85* - 90*

I realize you asked for mid October .. but I shared this to illustrate

that temperatures can still stay warm in the later fall months too.

Last edited:
My favorite time to go! We have gone many years in October and the weather is great, very little rain.

Last year was quite warm (but less humid than summer time)

November 8th-18th-2015 ~ temps were 85* - 90*

I realize you asked for mid October .. but I shared this to illustrate

that temperatures can still stay warm in the later fall months too.
We have done a few Nov. trips and some years we wore shorts and capris and others we were wearing hoodies and buying gloves. LOL

We were there last October (from the 10th to the 17th, if I remember correctly). HOT days (85 degrees to low 90s), more comfortable nights. Our MNSSHP dates were very, very warm and we wondered how some folks could stand wearing the heavy costumes that looked amazing but must have been stifling!

We had no rain and lots of sun. T-s and shorts everyday (could have worn tank tops daily and been very comfy). Packed a pair of jeans and a hoodie and never got them out, even once.

Perfect weather for water parks!

We are headed back this October for two full weeks and are looking very forward to one last blast of weather that compares to our Canadian summer.

Like Gina said. Consistently warm - hot and don't need pants or jacket. Toward the end of Oct. we have had a day of cooler temps but doesn't linger.

The only time I went in October it was HOT! Not quite summer hot, but enough to be uncomfortable. We did have a little rain in the evening. Overall, it was very similar to late April/ early May weather that we have experienced.

Can be cool at night and hot during mid day. Always understand I have seen it 90 degrees on Christmas Day.

Ahh, but the same can be said about you guys down south : You don't know what cold is ! lol 70s F is our summer and below freezing is spring. :rotfl:

Roll tide, allot of folks from up north would think it is hot where you and I would enjoy the cool weather. Oh by the way I have spent some time at Fort Rucker.

I think its pretty safe to say that whether you're from the north or the south, you are going to find it warm (and perhaps even hot) in Orlando in October....unless you consider mid-80's to be "cold". I certainly didn't see anyone wearing fleece sweaters when we were there last year.

We went Oct. 16-22, 2009. It was a bit chilly the first 4 days. We wore windbreakers in the morning, and then shed them by afternoon. I was not comfortable riding Splash Mountain until the last day, when it warmed up a bit.

okay Oct is one of those months when the weather can be a bit unpredictable. So would bring one pair of pants and a windbreaker (just in case)

My trip back in Oct. of 2013, I wore capris and shorts. I kept a cardigan handy and only wore it some nights. I must add that I am from AZ so 85 for me is perfect weather and 60 is sweater weather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter