What's the strangest thing your child has asked for..

When I was 7, I asked Santa for a calculator. Although I couldn't spell it correctly, and "calc" came out looking like another word for rooster or a vulgar term for a male body part. My parents kept that letter for decades and I saw it in an album just a couple of years ago.

last year my daughter wanted crutches. She still loves to use them around the house and she also got different sized ace bandages and some wraps... she seems to really like pretending to be an emt- I'm hoping she will incorporate that into a career as a nurse.

When I was little, I wanted a stop-watch. Time baffled me in that you can time it going away. I got it and I loved it for about six months.

500 plastic bags (to put comics into)

A yellow baseball (any idea how hard it is to find that?!)

A monkey and diapers for said monkey (good luck with that one)

When my DS13 was 3, he asked for pistachios, or "stachios" as he called them. He was so excited when he found them in his stocking, and sat right down and started shelling and eating them! :rotfl:

My 3 year old DD wants a Jack-in-Box. She says the same thing every time we ask.

DD#1 asks for banana runts every year and her sister gets them for her.

When DD#2 was about 15, she asked for Baltimore Oriole season tickets. She got a 13-game Sundays mini-plan.

I've found that I have to be careful about what I introduce her to. I got her hooked on baseball in her early teens (she's still a huge fan many years later), and after seeing "Les Miserables" on stage in London, she was fully addicted to this show. She took an internship and a paying ushering job at the National Theater in Washington DC one summer, just so she could see every performance.

Needless to say, she's bouncing off the walls until the Christmas release of the movie!

Queen Colleen

My seven year old daughter desperately wants a pink backscratcher. That's it.

I you haven't found one of these already try Target dollar spot. I got one for every member of my family. They have them in a ton of different colors.

My younger two, 16 & 13 want cable back on. To bad their grades don't agree!!:rotfl2:

When my daughter was 2, the only thing she wanted was an apple. It's a tradition now that every year she gets an apple at the bottom of her stocking.

This year, she asked for a giant pink gem, and the real Silvermist. I got her a pink gem-shaped paperweight, and a Silvermist doll.

According to mum I haven't really asked for anything crazy, but apparently one year I asked for a TV, she said it was too expensive and I said "Okay, a teddy then" LOL

The Christmas after 9/11, my son was 6, he asked for a big American Flag to hang on his wall.

He got it and it's still there.

DS asked for duct tape this year. Last year it was ketchup. My favorite though was when he was five. He wanted a hamster with four legs.

DD3 wants a shark and a dolphin. That's it. She's been very consistent about it, too. Thankfully, she hasn't specified it they need to be real or not.

Candy corn, which was surprisingly hard to find on December.

Bubble wrap! I bought a huge roll from Office Max and they had a ball with it!

My daughter asked for acorns. Luckily my friend knitted her two little acorns with happy faces and removable caps. Sooooo cute. She still plays with them.

This year, DS12 has asked for business cards and a goat....:thumbsup2

Since he is mostly non-verbal, we have no idea what his plans are....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter