What's the strangest thing your child has asked for..

PUZZLDY5

DIS Veteran
for Christmas that you could actually get.
I will go first.

When my DS was 8 years old he asked for office supplies. :confused3 He didn't want remote controlled cars or video games he wanted post it notes and paper clips etc. He got a ton that year. Along with a few toys.

Strange child. :rotfl:

Ok your turn.

My DD(15) asked for a woody, and put it just like that. I have no idea why she wants a Woody doll from Toy Story.

I'd been asking my DS17 for a list of things that he'd like for Christmas for quite some time. I think he got sick of me asking because when I asked him last week for his list, he just looked at me, laughed and said, "a sandwich". I think a pb&j should wrap well and keep under the tree. :thumbsup2

One year, one of my dds asked for beef jerky. That was all that was on her list.

This same kid is now a teen who wants to be a vegetarian. Ahh, for the good old days of beef jerky.

My kid has "a haircut" on his list this year.

Every week I say to him "would you like us to fit in a haircut this weekend? I could take you to the barber" and he says "Oh no, I'm good, this length hair is the style". :confused3

my 16 yr old dd wants a calendar with pictures of roundabouts and a cuddly llama, (her main present is a kindle}

Owl pellets.

Now that she's all grown up, she asked for her yearly professional society membership.

When DD was 3, all she wanted was a pink whistle. She wouldn't tell anyone anything else, so she got a bunch of pink whistles.

Two of my three ask for duct tape on a pretty regular basis. My youngest asked for a cardboard box, probably because after 6 months of use as a fort we tossed the box from our new stove and she still misses it. My oldest once asked both his grandmothers for empty wrapping paper, paper towel, toilet paper tubes.

The only weird thing that stands out is my DD wanted a spanish/english dictionary when she was about 9.

DD14 has beef jerky on her list this year...I can't think of anything too unusual that they've asked for, which surprises me, because they are pretty imaginative.

I was able to help someone with a strange request, though. I was selling my Crayola school bus from my Crayola collection on eBay. At the time it was probably 10+ years old, so not something that had been advertised on television recently. But someone's 3 year old put something like "crayon bus" or something on his Santa list and Mom was just amazed to find that it did exist.

when DS was 4, he asked for a DustBuster...

at that time, we were living as full-time, 24/7 supers at 70 unit apt building

so DS would go on cleaning rounds with me around the building

and wanted to "help" clean like mommy

no - didn't get him DB - he got lots of toys, instead!

When my daughter was 3 all she wanted was Little Mermaid lipstick (chap stick). do you think I could find one. It couldn't be any other princess, had to be Ariel. I still didn't have one on Christmas Eve and was not sure what I was going to do the next morning. We had a friend who dressed up a SANTA and came to the house every Christmas Eve. When he showed up he had a little mermaid chap stick. She is now 19 and to this day he has never told me where his wife found one.

My son wanted a pancake puff one year. He would repeat parts of the infomerical for it all the time. I got it for him, used it once and that was that.

When ds was 3 he wouldn't tell Santa what he wanted, only that he wanted presents that were wrapped, not in gift bags or unwrapped, and then that night he brought all the wrapping paper rolls into his bed to sleep with.

Maybe he thought Santa was going to come and get the paper for his presents, but he started bawling when I took them, and I remember all I wanted was for him to get to sleep, but now it seems pretty darn cute.:goodvibes

This past weekend, my 3 1/2 year old nephew told my dad that my dad lied to him because a while back he told him that Christmas was after Thanksgiving. My nephew thought it was literally the day after. Love how their minds work!

a few years ago, my then six-year-old asked for a metal detector. and yes, we got it for him. we bought a cheaper one, and i wish we would've bought a nicer one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter