What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

I've been on the Jungle Cruise enough times that I know pretty much all the jokes by memory. But a few weeks ago I heard one that I hadn't heard before. This was during Gay Days at MK, so maybe some of you were on that boat too!

The tour guide gets out his gun and tells us that he's going to frighten the hippo (or whatever) so that it'll get out of our way. He tells us that those of us with sensitive ears might want to plug them shut.

Then he waves the gun at the animal and yells, "Shoo! Shoo!"

The friend I was with said she's never heard that one either!

We heard quite a few gay-oriented Jungle Cruise jokes that weekend. I was with a female friend (we are not gay), and it was likely, from looking around at our fellow passengers, that we were the only non-gay people on the boat (and they probably assumed that we were gay, two women together during Gay Days). It was hysterical. Our cruise guide kept trying to get one guy to stay on the boat for another round -- good thing his partner found it funny. Wish I remembered some of the "off-script" jokes we heard!

We heard this from a CM in DHS (then MGM) on our honeymoon 10 years ago, he was relating to us funny questions he'd been asked by guests. His all-time favorite was "What time does the castle get here?" To which he had responded, thinking he had misheard the question, "Excuse me?" The guest said, "We know that the castle moves from park to park each day. What time does it get here?" I can't remember what he said his response was, but to this day, as we go into DHS one of us always asks the other, "What time does the castle get here today?" ;)

There are no words for this one! :rotfl2:

A few years ago getting on ToT, in creepy bellhop voice "to the left, to the left, everything you own in a box...to the left"

We were crying laughing and he still kept a straight face.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

darkwingeeyore said:
We were on the Safari ride at AK. While on the actual car, we're waiting for entrance because of some animal or other holding up the cars that were already inside. We're right next to another car that's loading, and the Driver says: "If you look to your right, you'll see the rare and elusive human! Everybody wave." So we all wave, and the people in the car next to us wave back. The driver says: "Amazing! They do tricks!" :rotfl:

Ha-ha. Very funny.

- MouseEarsForAll

tina.tina said:
I'm not sure where this was but it was somewhere around frontierland 20 years ago. I was leaning against a fence, eating a popsicle with my back to the little lake/pond. Suddenly, I hear excuse me, miss. I don't think anyone is talking to me. I keep eating my popsicle. I hear somebody calling out long enough that I turn around. To my surprise, a group of people in a canoe is right behind me. The CM wearing a coon skin cap asks for a bite of my popsicle. I tell him no. He begs & pleads. Finally, I say okay & pretend to stretch my arm out to give it to him. He pretends to stretch his arm out to try to reach it. Suddenly, he says just forget it. He asked where I was from. I told him Virginia. Everyone in the boat hit their oars on the side of the boat & yelled Virginia sucks. They row away and I sit there dumbfounded. I was 17 years old visiting for the first time with my parents and sisters. No one else was around. They still seem skeptical that this really happened. This is definitely one of the strangest encounters I've ever had.

Oh my gosh! :D

- MouseEarsForAll

When on the boat from EPCOT to DHS the boat driver announced to take Ll you belongings and to take small children by the hand. He then said any children left behind would be taken to Small World where their feet would be stapled to the floor and they would be put to work representing the countries.

While standing out in front of HoP, The CM and I were looking at the ominous storm clouds approaching. I pulled out my Iphone to look at the Radar with the Weather Channel app. The CM, glanced over at it, and in true 18th century bewilderment said " Oh what a strange magical device, you hold. " For a split second I was waiting for him to accuse me of Witchcraft.

I have quite a few, but only 2 that stand out....The first one was in December 2009 we were on BTMRR and just as we were heading outside from the first lift (with the misters) we heard a bunch of blood curling screams coming from the front of the train (we were sitting in the very back). We soon found out that the screaming was due to a monsoon that decided to pour down on all of us. By the time we got back into the loading area, our whole train was soaking wet. And over the P.A. system we heard the CM say that "BTMRR has now become a water ride" :rotfl:.

The other one was this past January we were in Epcot meeting with Hook and Smee. We were the last family to meet them so we got to play around a bit. Mind you, my girls can be a little shy with the characters and it usually takes me to break the ice with them. Anyway, both of my girls were giving each character their autograph books, however Smee was done with one of my DDs books so I said "Give Hook your book"...then I proceeded to say "Wow, I am such a great poet". This made Smee laugh so hard that I got a huge hug from him and and a high five....Hook just shook his head at me :goodvibes.

You'd be amazed how many CM's are from Ohio. DH wore his Ohio State Block O baseball cap on our WDW in December and EVERYWHERE we went, CM's would randomly yell out, "O-H!" And we'd respond back with, "I-O!" Got to love the Buckeye State, you run into Ohioans everywhere you go. There is a running joke that the OSU Alumni Association can track you down to ask for donations, even if you're stranded on a desert island. Anyway, the CM's all admit that there are a freakish # of Ohio CM's working at WDW, I think it's probably due to the crapola weather that we get, lol.

We were at Disney last September to celebrate my parents' 40th anniversary. It was DH, our 2 kids and me, my parents, niece and nephew, and one of my sisters with her 2 kids. My sister made matching shirts that said something on the back about 40 years of Disney and 40 years of marriage and on the front the shirts said who we were. My parents' said "Grandma, Grandpa," mine was Daughter #1, sister was Daughter #2, DH was Son-in-law #1 and the grandkids were Grandkid #1, #2, etc., according to their birth order in the family. My kids are 3 and 5 and there were 6 total kids.

We were waiting to get into 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, when a CM at the GF came over and started counting the grandkids. He read the grandkids' shirts and counted "1,2,3,4,6" (5 was in the bathrrom) and said how nice it was that my parents could count how many years they'd been married but they couldn't count how many grandchildren they have. My dad answered back that he wasn't even sure if he'd really been married 40 years. He was just taking our word for it. The CM really cracked up at that.

That same day, when we got to breakfast, it was with Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, etc. We always go to this breakfast because we love the Mad Hatter. When he got to our table, he noticed the shirts and counted the grandkids. This time #4 was missing and he was with Grandma getting more food.

The Mad Hatter asked where he was and my dad said he was with grandma getting more food. MH asked what Grandma's name was. My dad said "Linda" and then the MH yelled at the top of his lungs across the restaurant "LLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDAAAAAA! Get back here! #4 is missing and it's giving me a headache!"

My mom was embarrassed and my sister and I were laughing so hard we were crying. It was by far one of our best Disney moments.

...The Mad Hatter asked where he was and my dad said he was with grandma getting more food. MH asked what Grandma's name was. My dad said "Linda" and then the MH yelled at the top of his lungs across the restaurant "LLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDAAAAAA! Get back here! #4 is missing and it's giving me a headache!"

My mom was embarrassed and my sister and I were laughing so hard we were crying. It was by far one of our best Disney moments.

:lmao: I'm dying myself!! This is awesome! :rotfl2:

I will preface this by saying that I have been told that I have a very approachable face, but I can have a very intense stare.

One year my DH and I were in the stretching room of the HM. I was facing the center of the room, but I felt someone staring at me from my right. I turned to find the CM staring straight at me, so I just returned the stare. (I think he thought I was going to jump/yell.) He finally broke the stare and said, "You scare me."

My friend who has red hair has two girls with blonde hair. She likes to think that the girls also have red hair. They were recently in Disney and getting their autograph books signed by Ariel. Ariel says to my friend "I see the mer-mom has red hair like me". My friend then says and the mer girls also have red hair. Ariel says oh I see and out of the side of her mouth says "maybe under a red light".

Mine was on the jungle crusier but there needs to be a little back story....sorry.

I had custom mickey ear with my last name on it (Losee), and I flipped their cap around so my name was in front. I did this for a special picture I wanted with my fiancee.

Now on the jungle crusier the cast member was looking around the boat talking to guests. When he notices my name, but could see the other last e and had to state "Good think I took a second look because I was going to say she really doesn't like you."

Now I am use to all the create ways to say my last name, but the day that I did that was pretty interesting with the looks and comments

@Coll0610
when was the villains dinner? how did you get to do it? my dad and i love the disney villains and rarely get to see them in the parks. thanks

When I was younger (like 11), my sister (then 9) and I went into the Adventurer's Club with my parents and were greeted by the "maid" who told my sister "there's nothing to be afraid of... everything is ok... everything is just fine", then nudged her forward in front of me and proceeded to tell me "be afraid, be very very afraid"...

Ah, I miss the AC already.

On a trip BK (Before Kids), my husband and I were looking at all the different candy bars from England at one of the stores at Epcot. One of the candy bars said that it had digestive properties to it, which really intrigued me. So I started asking the lovely English CM about it, like what made it so digestive? And he said in his cute English accent, "Well, it won't make you poo, or anything." My husband and I really got a kick out of that one, we giggle about it all the time.

So many moments...
But I think one of the best that sticks is one late evening trip on the Jungle Cruise. Our boat only had about three groups on it when we set off. After getting attacked by the head hunters and going to the back side of water We found the next boat just sitting with nothing but two Cast members on it. One was standing there with the gun in his hand whle the other was drapped over the side of the boat "dead". Our skipper didn't miss a beat and screamed out "Stacy no!!! How could you?" The skipper then kept it together and went on until we were going through the temple where she almost died laughing.

I can't stop laughing at this one! :rotfl2:

just this past trip...

when I asked a Cm at Figment if he was being punished for something he said"no" straight-faced. Then when he was waving at us as we were on the ride and leaving the loading station I looked at him and waved and he mouthed the words "Yes!" :rotfl: BTW Figment is on its Death Bed. Bring back the old Figment

also...

one of the many things said to us on JC:

"scoot in scoot in...what you call personal space Disney calls room for ten more."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter