Whats the Difference between Cabanas and Topsiders?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by disprincess4ever, Apr 5, 2013.

1. dgmommie

dgmommie Mouseketeer

Big difference in food choices. Some choices at Topsiders but not a big variety. Cabanas has a much wider variety of food choices.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ededmd

ededmd Mouseketeer

Agreed with PP.

Much much more variety at Cabanas.

Topsiders and BBB remind me of a very limited K&W cafeteria.
    Cabanas reminds me of a bountiful Vegas buffet with action stations.

Better seating options at Cabanas overall.
    Smaller outdoor areas on Dream class ships - and it may just be my memory but Fantasy seemed even smaller than Dream.

4. Talking Hands

Talking Hands <font color=purple><b>|,,|/</b> DEAF DISNEY LOVER<

Sorry if you don't like that some snag tables. So you can stand through the line, others can't. I use a walker or wheelchair and frankly it gets in the way of others in line if I am trying to handle a tray, serve myself and steer my wheelchair. Leads to running over peoples feet which is not fun. You really want up to 500 ponds of weight clipping your ankles or rolling over your feet. I grab a table and my husband gets food for me unless the lines are really short. Then I will use the chair or walk short distances.

5. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

I get that it's easier for some folks. You'll see I clarified later that it's really the people who very obviously don't want to chance not having a table that cut the line to grab a seat that get me upset.

However I grew up with a parent that has cerebral palsy and could not carry a tray (or even walk without a walker or wheelchair). He never sat down and held a table .. he came through the line with all of us and a family member carried his plate/tray for him. So I know from personal experience that a disability, even a serious one, does not automatically mean you cannot use the line like everyone else. Frankly, as someone who has the privilege of being able to walk, keeping my ankles and feet out of the way of your wheels is my responsibility. Plus, you even said .. if the line is short you will use the chair or walk. So -- you choose not to use the chair or walk if the line is long. SO its a convenience issue for you as well.

6. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

Anyone recall seeing corned beef has in Topsiders on the Magic? It's my DH's favorite thing on the Dream and Fantasy. If it's not available every day, I'd better prepare him for the disappointment. Seriously, it's _that_ important to him. :confused3