What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Hi Carissa! I'm back and I think I'm all caught up! I missed the paint debate, but I'm not much of a decorator so I wouldn't have been much help anyway!

We didn't do Sci Fi this trip, but we did on our 2007 trip and we loved it. So funny that you mention the Colossal Man clip, because my kids still make the "I just want to STOP GROWING!" joke all the time! Jeff and I went to Hoover Dam last April and they had a movie poster there since it has the dam in it....so funny! We cracked up and took a picture to bring back to the boys!

I agree about the kids meals....in 2007 Isaiah was 9 and it was definitely not enough food for him..we shared a lot which isn't a problem because the rest of us got so much food! Jonah is not a big eater so this year the kids meals were fine for him and Isaiah is 11 so he got adult meals..he was a happy camper! :thumbsup2

Nice pics of the Opening at MK. We saw it this year too and it made me all warm and fuzzy inside! I'm such a sap for all things Disney!

Well..off to start 10 days worth of laundry I didn't do while on vacation! Looking forward to more great updates! :yay:

Going a bit OT here, but guess who I saw yesterday....

CopyofPicture010.jpg

Great Updates! Looking forward to more! I really love opening at MK. It is one of my goals for our upcoming trip in June.

We are moving this weekend and we recently painted the whole house. I will take pics of the new place so you can see them. We did a tan like color through out the whole house it looks good, and all bathrooms are yellow, along with the basement. Yellow really expands the room to make it look bright. DS room is blue, he loves blue. DD room is called magical, it is a mix of Purple with a bit of pink thrown in. Our room is the same tan color. DH office is orange, it really fits his personality. He has a lime green Ford Focus.
My Mom lives with us and her room is light pink.

I will post pics.

Tina

We had decided on seeing Lights, Motors, Action! this time around since we'd skipped it the previous year in lieu of Indiana Jones. I think LMA is a better show than IJ. We got there pretty early so were able to snatch up some decent seats. :woohoo:

Carissa, I love LMA!!! So exciting to watch!!! :yay:

IMG_4477.jpg

It's a towel heart.

:love:

~ March 30th, 2009 ~
My birthday finally arrived. The only reason I was excited was because I was at Disney World - otherwise the fact that I was turning 35 really wouldn't have been a day to celebrate.

:cake: HAPPY MARCH 30th BIRTHDAY, CARISSA!! :cake:

:blush: In the many many times we have traveled to WDW and DL we have never done a rope drop! :blush: BUT it sure does look like a very festive way to start your WDW day!!! :mickeyjum

Hi Carissa, LOVE your reports, I am addicted. I'm from Sydney Australia, and thinking of doing WH condos next September, but POR, looks inviting, bummer about the flight costs from Oz though. Budget is really tight. I hope you've got more reports to come, I check in way too often than I should.:laundy: (not getting done). House swap anytime? Although Sydney is freezing ATM, my dh wants to actually repair the hot tub RIGHT NOW!!!- its way too cold to swim:sad2:

What a great way to start your birthday!!! The pictures of the boys playing with the hula hoops is so cute!! Love the wave! Chuck's solution to carrying Stitch around made me laugh!:thumbsup2

The boys looks great in their matching jackets.

Love the waving! lol

My boys would have found the slug too (eww, I don't like slugs).

Ahhhh, I adore the MK morning show!! I can hear the music as I look at your pictures...

Looks like it was a beautiful day for your birthday! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day.

Great pictures! I am sad to say that in all my trips I have never seen the opening ceremony at MK

You must next time! :goodvibes

Hi Carissa! I'm back and I think I'm all caught up! I missed the paint debate, but I'm not much of a decorator so I wouldn't have been much help anyway!

We didn't do Sci Fi this trip, but we did on our 2007 trip and we loved it. So funny that you mention the Colossal Man clip, because my kids still make the "I just want to STOP GROWING!" joke all the time! Jeff and I went to Hoover Dam last April and they had a movie poster there since it has the dam in it....so funny! We cracked up and took a picture to bring back to the boys!

I agree about the kids meals....in 2007 Isaiah was 9 and it was definitely not enough food for him..we shared a lot which isn't a problem because the rest of us got so much food! Jonah is not a big eater so this year the kids meals were fine for him and Isaiah is 11 so he got adult meals..he was a happy camper!

Nice pics of the Opening at MK. We saw it this year too and it made me all warm and fuzzy inside! I'm such a sap for all things Disney!

Well..off to start 10 days worth of laundry I didn't do while on vacation! Looking forward to more great updates! :yay:

Glad to have you back Missy! :goodvibes

Too funny about Collosal Man! :rotfl:

Yes, Sully is kind of at that tough age. We've bought him adult meals here and there, but usually it's too much food for him. Some of the kids meals were fine for him. The chicken nugget one just seems to be a bit skimpier than the others.

Going a bit OT here, but guess who I saw yesterday....

CopyofPicture010.jpg

Cool!! Tell us more! :goodvibes

Great Updates! Looking forward to more! I really love opening at MK. It is one of my goals for our upcoming trip in June.

We are moving this weekend and we recently painted the whole house. I will take pics of the new place so you can see them. We did a tan like color through out the whole house it looks good, and all bathrooms are yellow, along with the basement. Yellow really expands the room to make it look bright. DS room is blue, he loves blue. DD room is called magical, it is a mix of Purple with a bit of pink thrown in. Our room is the same tan color. DH office is orange, it really fits his personality. He has a lime green Ford Focus.
My Mom lives with us and her room is light pink.

I will post pics.

Tina

Hope the move goes smoothly for you! Can't wait to see your pictures. :cool1:

:cake: HAPPY MARCH 30th BIRTHDAY, CARISSA!! :cake:

:blush: In the many many times we have traveled to WDW and DL we have never done a rope drop! :blush: BUT it sure does look like a very festive way to start your WDW day!!! :mickeyjum

Thanks Karen! Wow - never made rope drop?? Are you night owls?? ;)

:cool2: Yesterday I had a migraine so I didn't feel much like posting. Today Sully is staying home because he's not feeling well. We both kind of have icky feeling tummies. :sick:

Hi Carissa, LOVE your reports, I am addicted. I'm from Sydney Australia, and thinking of doing WH condos next September, but POR, looks inviting, bummer about the flight costs from Oz though. Budget is really tight. I hope you've got more reports to come, I check in way too often than I should.:laundy: (not getting done). House swap anytime? Although Sydney is freezing ATM, my dh wants to actually repair the hot tub RIGHT NOW!!!- its way too cold to swim:sad2:

:welcome: Love to have Aussies drop by! :thumbsup2

What a great way to start your birthday!!! The pictures of the boys playing with the hula hoops is so cute!! Love the wave! Chuck's solution to carrying Stitch around made me laugh!:thumbsup2

I thought it was pretty cute. :goodvibes

The boys looks great in their matching jackets.

Love the waving! lol

My boys would have found the slug too (eww, I don't like slugs).

Ahhhh, I adore the MK morning show!! I can hear the music as I look at your pictures...

Looks like it was a beautiful day for your birthday! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day.

It was a beautiful day!! :goodvibes

After our photo op with the CM, we headed to Tomorrowland. Our first mission??

To ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Connor doesn't have a lot of requests, but that's his favorite ride. So, we headed over and there was no wait. :cool1:

The whole time I was on it I kept thinking, "This is so lame to me now after riding TSM!!" I hate how you have to spin around. But, I must have done something right on this trip because I got my highest score ever! (I took a picture, but it didn't come out.)

159,000 :cool1: (I know - not really that high, but it was for me!)

As we were exiting Buzz, we noticed this picture on the wall. We'd never noticed it before. :confused3

IMG_4537.jpg

Once outside we were trying to decide what to do next when we practically walked right into.....

STITCH!!!!!! :stitch:

There was nobody around him except for a CM. As soon as Stitch saw our Stitch, he took him and headed off! :scared1:

IMG_4538.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

I think the boys were a little worried we'd never get our Stitch back! :rotfl:

Thankfully, Stitch returned and it was time for an autograph and pictures.

IMG_4540.jpg

12208520002-2.jpg

We said goodbye to Stitch and then I headed over to get us fastpasses for Space Mountain. Can you believe it?? I was going to ride another rollercoaster!! :scared:

At this point we decided to split up. Sully and I headed over to the Haunted Mansion while Chuck took Owen and Connor to Fantasyland. Neither one of them wanted to try HM.

On our way to HM, we stopped for this PP opportunity. I really wanted to try and get the whole family back over here, but it never happened.

12208520001-1.jpg

Some more pictures along the way:

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

Up Next - Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain - Which is Scarier???

Great reports once again :thumbsup2.

We have made rope drop @ MK a few times, we've never seen the hula-hoops. Wonder if this is something new?

What a cute interaction with Stitch!

I love the pictures in this installment, they are all very good!

I thought the same thing about Buzz after we had ridden TSMM!! It didn't help that it was the first time we had tried Buzz--why it took three trips, I don't know.

That's a great picture of you and Sully by the castle. Hope the tummy troubles clear up for you both!:flower3:

Hahaha - stitch is so cheeky I love him!!

Lovely PP photos aswell! :cutie:

Can't wait for the next installment!

Good morning Carissa!

Great Pics...we noticed that picture of Stitch riding Buzz Lightyear this trip as well. I wonder if it's new?? Very cute!

Good for you riding Space Mountain! Can't wait to hear if you liked it....we couldn't ride it this trip due to refurb. :sad2:

Chuck is cracking me up in the picture with Stitch! :rotfl: He looks so enthusiastic to take a picture with a 5 foot blue furry space alien!! LOL! Too cute!

Did you buy your photopass CD? I'm leaning toward just buying a few of my favorites.

Keep up the great report!! ;)

12208520001-1.jpg

I have the same Vera Bradley Hipster!!! :banana: I just bought it for my next trip. Did it work ok for you? I have never used anything other than a fanny pack but wanted to buy bags that were a little 'nicer' since this trip is an all adult trip! :lovestruc

Great reports once again :thumbsup2.

We have made rope drop @ MK a few times, we've never seen the hula-hoops. Wonder if this is something new?

I'm not sure. I think we've seen them before, but I'm not 100%.

I'm really liking the family picture with Stitch. :thumbsup2

I liked it too. :goodvibes

What a cute interaction with Stitch!

I love the pictures in this installment, they are all very good!

Thanks LL! :goodvibes

I thought the same thing about Buzz after we had ridden TSMM!! It didn't help that it was the first time we had tried Buzz--why it took three trips, I don't know.

That's a great picture of you and Sully by the castle. Hope the tummy troubles clear up for you both!:flower3:

Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better now. I kept Sully home from school and am just keeping an eye on him.

I'm with you about Buzz. I love it but after riding Toy Story it just isn't as exciting.

I wonder if it will get updated. :idea:

Hahaha - stitch is so cheeky I love him!!

Lovely PP photos aswell! :cutie:

Can't wait for the next installment!

Later in the trip there is another Stitch stealing incident. :rolleyes1

Good morning Carissa!

Great Pics...we noticed that picture of Stitch riding Buzz Lightyear this trip as well. I wonder if it's new?? Very cute!

Good for you riding Space Mountain! Can't wait to hear if you liked it....we couldn't ride it this trip due to refurb. :sad2:

Chuck is cracking me up in the picture with Stitch! :rotfl: He looks so enthusiastic to take a picture with a 5 foot blue furry space alien!! LOL! Too cute!

Did you buy your photopass CD? I'm leaning toward just buying a few of my favorites.

Keep up the great report!! ;)

Melissa (jmskinner) also noticed the picture for the first time recently. So, maybe it is new. :confused3

Sadly, we only ended up with 32 photopass pictures this trip. :sad2: We never get very many. I just paid to be able to download the pictures and then I can have copies made if I want. I mainly wanted to be able to post them here! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter