What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by carissanboys, Apr 6, 2009.

1. jmskinner

jmskinner DIS Veteran

Great update Carissa. You are making me homesick for POR. I just love that place, but guess we should try others.

Oh, ate at Cracker Barrel last night. Sooooo good!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

I'm not a huge carrot cake fan, but the chocolate cake (I got a very small bite) was delish!

We ended up having the pasta three times. :thumbsup2

We didn't end up using the pool much, but the next time was definitely warmer.

:rotfl: So true!

They were big! Made it easy to divide it into thirds for the boys.

So true about not having enough hours for everything.

Thanks for all of the input on the paint. Your son's room is co cute! :goodvibes

What did you have?? :hyper:

4. jmskinner

jmskinner DIS Veteran

My usual, Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatos with white gravy, green beans, and a side salad. I did hear someone ordering a lemon pepper trout that I may have to try next time. DH orders the same thing except he gets corn and cole slaw. He doesn't eat any beans.:sad2:

The food was great as usual, but we had to track down a manager because after 10 minutes no one had greeted us or taken our drink order. I don't think the staff knew who we belonged to.

5. LaurenMic

LaurenMic LaurenMic

Hi Carissa! Great update! I love the toilets at POR that is so funny you took a picture of them :rotfl: Oooo I wonder what Chuck got you! I can't wait to hear all about your bday...a stitch kind of day?? The suspense is killing me! :lmao:

6. Jeff90

Jeff90 <font color=blue>You outta see me do One way or an

Hey there Carissa! Greetings from the NC Mountains!!!! I just read through and now caught up!!!! I'm lovin it!!!!!:goodvibes

Let me just say we were visiting my parents (who live close to I95) in eastern NC, just as you were coming through the strom in NC! My step father was in Hope Mills for his job just as the storm had turned over that truck! We were waiting for him to return and he called saying he would be late b/c he was in traffic caused by the storm!!! Glad you all made it through safely just as he did!!!!

Love the report and can't wait for more updates!!!!

7. liznboys

liznboys <font color="red">I wish upon stars!<br><font colo

Looks like a fun time at the pool!
    The pasta looks delicious, dh would love that.

8. dddisrunner

dddisrunner DIS Veteran

LOVED your update! There is nothing like relaxing by the pool after a crazy day at the parks! Sorry it was a bit chilly though. POR looks like such a peaceful resort! Your desserts looked yummy and so did the pasta! Bummer about the kids meals though!

9. Happydog

Happydog DIS Veteran

Ditto on the photos! Thanks for sharing them! :goodvibes

10. thegreggersmom

thegreggersmom Mouseketeer

subscribing

and your boys are adorable!

11. blue_river

blue_river <font color=coral>I do believe in fairies!<br><fon

Holy smokers I've missed a lot!

That reuban sandwich looks delicious!

You got some nice pics of POR :thumbsup2

I really liked the toothbrush holder towel thingy...we weren't as lucky as you with so many!!! Awesome :wizard:

Was the water really that cold? I've been trying to convince DH we should go in the cooler months and that's one of his biggest complaints....he wants to be able to enjoy the pools & water parks without freezing...... :sad2:

12. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Sounds like our experience the night of the tornado!

I'll try to get an update done today. :thumbsup2

:welcome: Hey Jeff! :goodvibes Wow! Glad your stepfather was okay too!

Thanks for reading. :)

It was delicious!

Thanks Diane :goodvibes

:goodvibes

:welcome: and thanks!

I think the problem that day was that it had been raining and it was cool - not much sun. I don't really consider March to be a "cooler" month as it can still get pretty hot. I think as long as you aren't thinking about January (my favorite month to go) or February - you'd be fine. I didn't actually go in the water that day, but Chuck said it was chilly. There were still tons of people in the pool and the day that I went in it was plenty warm. :thumbsup2

13. WDWAtLast

WDWAtLast I found my Prince - now where are the mice and bir

The food all looks yummy - especially the chocolate cake!! You were so sweet to give it to your boys! I am not sure if I could have shared chocolate - it's my favorite! :lmao:

14. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

:rotfl: It wasn't easy! I'm sure I made them realize the sacrifice I was making. :rolleyes1

15. blue_river

blue_river <font color=coral>I do believe in fairies!<br><fon

I'd like to go in January and experience walking around the parks without feeling like I'm in a oven :laughing:

16. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

We did swim in our splash pool at Windsor Hills in January, but I paid to have it heated.

17. winkers

winkers <font color=blue>I was stuck in that position and

That is an interesting towel formation!

18. mindyd

mindyd DIS Veteran

I love the towel animal I can't wait to get to POR it looks so beautiful. I am sure my husband will be hitting up the pasta station it is his favorite food. Looking forward to more!

19. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so! :rolleyes1

Things have been busy here today, but I'll have an update posted tomorrow morning. :thumbsup2

20. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

looking foward to it!!

21. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

~ March 30th, 2009 ~

My birthday finally arrived. The only reason I was excited was because I was at Disney World - otherwise the fact that I was turning 35 really wouldn't have been a day to celebrate.

I woke up at six and did the normal routine. My plan every day was to try and be out the door around 8 a.m. (opening was at 9). This morning we decided to go over to the food court and use snack credits for breakfast. We hadn't used any snack credits the first two days and had accumulated quite a few. We got donuts, muffins, yogurt, and fruit.

Then it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom.

Once we arrived at the TTC, I went to the Will Call window to get my gift card for my birthday.

For anyone who already has a ticket and wants to get one of the other items, you will need to show your ticket to prove you already have one. She actually asked to see ALL of our tickets. I'm not sure if it was because we did the military salute or what. :confused3 And she definitely tried to get me to pick one of the other options instead of the gift card. But, I knew what I wanted. Also, this was the only day that I wore my birthday pin. They told me I should wear it all week long, but I just felt funny wearing it on the other days. I did wear it on our last day for a short time, but I'll explain when I get to that part.

Time to get on the monorail.

Connor loves to look at maps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One thing I wanted to mention - the nice thing about the military salute tickets is that each one had our name on it so there was never any mix up of tickets. They still usually had to scan our tickets for some reason as the machine had issues with them, but we never had a problem like we have in the past with regular tickets.

While we waited for the opening show to begin, the boys played with the hoola hoops left out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I let the boys play for a while and then had them put the hoops down so that other kids would have a chance. We had time to take some other pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stitch was ready for his big day at the park.

[​IMG]

This cracks me up. When I take a group shot, I put my hand up so that everyone will look at me. Whenever I do this, everyone waves!

[​IMG]

Before the show started, Chuck came up with a way to carry Stitch around for the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The boys found a slug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here comes Mickey!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And look who showed up!!

[​IMG]

I don't know if it was just that we were paying more attention on this trip, but we saw Stitch OFTEN and so many Stitch items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the park officially open, it was time to head down Main Street. Look what we saw on the way!

[​IMG]

I just thought it was the cutest thing and HAD to have a picture!

Up Next - Will We Lose Stitch Forever??