What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by carissanboys, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

It's good to know you've got three happy, healthy boys to drive you nuts again! :dance3:

We've got an ADR for Whispering Canyon on August 1st. The guys are very much looking forward to this, as it was one of their favorite meals ever, according to them.

Of course, they seem to be relatively happy at every meal we eat! :laughing:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. irene_dsc

irene_dsc DIS Veteran

Catching up - glad to hear Sully's Lyme got treated, if that's what it was! Welcome to your new home - and yay for mostly unpacked!

4. MagicShell

MagicShell DIS Veteran

I am glad that Sully is feeling better. The first Disney restaurant I ever ate it was WCC for breakfast. At the time I didn't know what sorts of things go on there. I just remember the waiter being so funny.

5. Goofster57

Goofster57 What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all

Probably one of the most photographed spot in the resorts.

:sad2::confused3:sad2:

So by the look on the ladies face behind the boys I would say that she has been waiting a while, I wonder if she knew about ADR's

[​IMG]

WC is one of my favorite places to eat, it's great place to go for breakfast too.

This is another place that the Cast Member can make or break your experience.

What no pictures of you Hokey Pokeying..:confused3

Another great update Carissa

Now I have to get over to Kathy's TR's or she is going to get the whip out and beat my backside...:woohoo:....I mean..:scared1:

6. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

:rotfl: WCC does seem to be a favorite among the men!

It's nice to be settling in! I really like this place. It has its flaws, but most places you rent will have those.

I keep forgetting they do breakfast! I'll have to put that on my "to remember list". :thumbsup2

Yeah - I'm sure you were looking at her face. :rolleyes1

I need to get caught up on hers too!

7. momrek06

momrek06 DIS Veteran

Carissa, great update!!! The pics are fabulous. I love the before and after pic of the dinner at WCC!! :thumbsup2 That was cool to do that.....I never remember to ever take food pictures. :mad: I absolutely love dining at WCC!! You always have some real family fun at that restaurant!!! :yay:

So glad to hear Sully is much better!!! :goodvibes That had to have been scary for you and Chuck. :sad1: I felt so bad for Owen, reading your trippie. It is tough when your kiddos aren't feeling well and especially tough when you are on vacation. :sad1:

8. liznboys

liznboys <font color="red">I wish upon stars!<br><font colo

The skillet looks delicious!

Oh, that's good you didn't have to do the hokey pokey on your own..eek!

Poor Owen, he looks miserable on the bench! :(

We love the WL too. :)

9. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Thanks Karen - there have been many times were I forgot the before picture and just got the after so I thought both might be good. :rotfl:

He was pretty miserable, but thankfully it didn't last long. :thumbsup2

10. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

I found my notes! :cool1: The only thing I forgot was that before heading to WL, we took a short dip in the pool. I believe that was the only other time we actually made it over there. All three boys ended up trying out the slide. I had a hard time grabbing hold of Connor immediately so he went under the water and wasn't too thrilled. We should have put a lifevest on him. He was willing to try it again with one on, but we never got around to it.

So, once we returned from our dinner at WCC, everyone rested in the room for a little bit before our reservation for the carriage ride. I decided to take my nice camera and head outside for pictures.

**WARNING**

I took a lot.

It was a beautiful night and I enjoyed the time alone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to take pictures of the wheel from all different angles. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bad picture of the carriage and horse we'd soon be on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(to be continued in next post)

11. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

12. Kirby

Kirby DIS Veteran

Enjoying your trip report! Your pictures are great and so are the links to each update. Your TR is a pleasure to read!

13. jmskinner

jmskinner DIS Veteran

Great pics Carissa. I'll have to sneak away for a little while to take pics on our next trip. Did I tell you we switched from SoG to POR. POR is actually going to be cheaper. It will be nice to be home.:goodvibes This just made my wait a bit worse.

14. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Great pictures Car!

15. mommytothreeboys

mommytothreeboys DIS Veteran

Ahhhh...POR.....**sigh**

Your pictures are beautiful. Believe it or not, I like the one of the bird on the lamp the best. :confused3 The sky in the background, the lighting..Nice job!

Did you enjoy the carriage ride? That's something we have not done at POR. Can't wait to hear about it!

16. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

Fabulous pictures, Car! I love the whole atmosphere of that resort! We've stayed at POFQ twice... I wanted Riverside the second time but couldn't get it!!

The carriage ride is a great way to tour both sister resorts... I'm looking forward to hearing about your ride!!

Kathy

17. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Beautiful resort pictures!! I think I want to stay there now! :thumbsup2

I wish I had taken more photos at the resort...:rolleyes1

18. lazydoxy66

lazydoxy66 Live, love, and laugh!

Lovely pictures. I just loved POR. I can't wait to stay there again sometime.

19. Girldreamer02

Girldreamer02 DIS Veteran

I've never been to POR, but I've seen pictures of it in many trippies and I love your pictures! :thumbsup2

20. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

Just beautiful, Carissa. Did you have to do lots of practicing with your camera to get such nice shots?

21. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Awesome!!

Am I going to turn you into a bird lover?? :rolleyes1 I love those pictures too.

Thanks Kathy - POR is so beautiful and peaceful.

You should stay there! You'd love it. :thumbsup2

I don't know if we'll ever get a chance to stay there again, but I'd love to.

Thanks! You should at least visit sometime. :goodvibes

I've had the camera for about 5 years. It's pretty much luck with getting nice shots. I still don't understand the lighting and all of that so sometimes they come out too dark. When I went out for the walk by myself, I took time to think about what might make interesting photos. Those bird shots were complete luck because I don't think I realized the lighting/clouds would have that effect when I took them.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures! :goodvibes