What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by carissanboys, Apr 6, 2009.

1. lazydoxy66

lazydoxy66 Live, love, and laugh!

YAY! I hope all is well and you are getting everything set up now!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Girldreamer02

Girldreamer02 DIS Veteran

I'm up to number 12...I'll have to finish reading sometime this week because its getting late. Loving your trippie so far. We live about two hours from richmond...I saw that you passed through there. We flew out of richmond in Jan when we went to disney! :thumbsup2 Are you following me? Haha...I see your moving to Va and I know for a short time I was going to be moving near you...so maybe we're following each other? :rolleyes1 Loving all the pics and yay for staying on property especially with a discount...even better! :thumbsup2 Just wanted to say hello...haven't chatted with you in quite some time and let ya know I'm loving the trippie...I have mine going on as well so feel free to check it out if you get a spare moment! We stayed at AKL and then did a cruise on the magic as well! :goodvibes

4. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Thanks Jackie! We're loving getting to know the area. Everything is so close by!!!

House camping is fun for a few days - after that - not so much. ;-)

Thanks Lessa! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Thanks Missy. Seeing as I don't have a real chair to sit in, I can't stand being on the puter for very long! But, I hope to get caught up this weekend. :goodvibes

I agree! :rotfl:

Thanks Amy. Didn't arrive, but I'll update that in just a sec.

Hey! Glad to see you here! :goodvibes

Thanks - hopefully this weekend I will get an update posted.

Not yet, but soon!

It's good to hear from you again. How is everything going in VA? I'll get over to your TR soon. :goodvibes

Okay! Just got a call from the movers and they'll be here later this morning with our stuff!! :cool1: :cool1: It's a real bed for me tonight!! :woohoo:

I'm trying to get Sully into the doctor's today. He got bit by a small tick a few weeks ago. He started having a fever about a week after and I took him in. They didn't think it was lyme disease, but they did a blood test to be sure. We didn't hear anything back so I assumed it was negative. But, I've heard you can get a false negative the first time.

This week he's had headaches and low grade fevers and has felt tired. I noticed this weird circle on his leg two days ago and he said it had been there a few days but it had been all red before. It's not at the bite site, but I believe that can happen. So, now I'm really worried it's lyme disease. :(

Hope you all are well and things should be getting back to normal around here by the end of the week.

5. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

I hope Sully feels better soon!!! :hug:

6. dddisrunner

dddisrunner DIS Veteran

Hi Carissa! I have been thinking about you and your family. I am happy to hear that you are getting settled into your new home and getting acclimated to your new community!:goodvibes Sorry to hear about Sully! I hope it's just a plain old virus and not lymes!:sick: I will say a prayer for him!:goodvibes

7. mommytothreeboys

mommytothreeboys DIS Veteran

3 cheers for a real bed!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'll keep Sully in my prayers...looking forward to hearing a good report. :thumbsup2

8. blue_river

blue_river <font color=coral>I do believe in fairies!<br><fon

So glad you're settled in your new place :hug:

Luckily I haven't missed too much over here :banana:

:lmao: You call that sleeping in?

Sorry about the migraine...hope it didn't last long :guilty:

Family fun stuff :thumbsup2
    We rented one also...not sure I've got to that part yet :rolleyes1

I didn't know that - thanks for sharing!

Aww..that's too bad.

Yahooty :goodvibes

I hope your bed comes today!

9. blue_river

blue_river <font color=coral>I do believe in fairies!<br><fon

I hope it's just an insect bite. Hugs. I can imagine how worried you must be. :hug:

10. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

Hi Carissa...

1st glad to hear you are getting settled in your new home and the furniture is arriving! Can't wait to hear more about the house and all your painting!

Take your time getting back to the TR...we'll be here popcorn::

2nd, sorry to hear about Sully, :sick: that doesn't sound good at all! I'd be nervous too....I really hope it is something else weird and nothing serious.

Keep you in my thoughts!

J- :goodvibes

11. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

Yahooey for a real bed tonight! It'll be nice for your house to feel more like your home with all of your furniture and stuff.

I hope you can get Sully into the doctor quickly and that it ends up being something other than lyme's. :hug:

12. MagicShell

MagicShell DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear about your son being sick. I hope it is nothing serious. I would be worried also. I hope you get your house set up soon. I know it is no fun to live out of boxes.

13. wvdislover

wvdislover DIS Veteran

Have fun setting up! Poor Sully :sad2: I hope he's ok!

14. GGOOFY1

GGOOFY1 DIS Veteran

Hope Sully is feeling better.

15. ckdsnynt

ckdsnynt DIS Veteran

Carissa: i know I started reading your TR but i went on my own trip and lost track of where I was so I am starting over! I knew I felt a connection with you! you are one year younger than my son! Love those 70"s! I married and had two kids:thumbsup2

16. winkers

winkers <font color=blue>I was stuck in that position and

I'm all caught up!

We went for a surrey ride at the beach several years ago, it was the best leg work out ever! I couldn't walk for several days after. I guess the fact that it was on sand and there were 6 of us with only 3 peddling helped a little.

17. Girldreamer02

Girldreamer02 DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up on your trippie and loving it! We are big fans of Earl of Sandwich too! Its delicious! We never stayed at POR, but it looks like you guys enjoyed it quite a bit. There is a little bit more to do there than at other resorts it seems too, which is nice and convenient if you aren't going to the parks for a day. Sorry you had a migraine...I can relate...they are the worst! Glad that you had a good birthday! Can't wait to hear more!

18. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Thanks Jackie - he is! :goodvibes

Thanks Diane. An update on Sully to follow. :thumbsup2

Thanks Missy. I feel so out of the loop here! So much to get caught up on.

No, you haven't! :thumbsup2

Thanks Julie! We ended up deciding not to do any painting. We don't want to put the time and money into a place that we don't own. We are hoping to be able to buy a house in the next couple of years so we'll save all of our energy for that! ;)

It's been great sleeping on a real bed! And definitely feeling more like home now that everything is here.

Thanks! Update on Sully to follow.

Don't know if I'd call it "fun", but it's a good workout! :rotfl:

Thanks! :goodvibes

How was your trip? Glad to have you back! :goodvibes

:eek: Yeah, peddling on sand would not be an easy task!

Thanks for getting caught up! Hopefully an installment to follow this morning. :thumbsup2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor felt there were enough symptoms (espcially the rash) to warrant treating Sully for Lyme Disease. He got two doses of Amoxicillin (much stronger dose than normal) on Wednesday and by Thursday morning his fever and headache were pretty much gone. He's been feeling great ever since! :woohoo: Hopefully the early treatment means no future issues.

The house is looking good. We still have some boxes to deal with, but most everything is unpacked and in its place. We're going to take a break today and head to the aquarium.

Hoping to post an installment shortly.
    :thumbsup2

19. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

(I'm doing this update without my notes. Once I find my notebook, I may need to come back and edit. Hopefully the pictures will trigger my memory enough. :rolleyes1 )

After our trip to Downtown Disney, we got back to our room and relaxed for a little bit before it was time to drive over to the Wilderness Lodge for our dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Our first Disney meal ever on our very first trip was at WCC. :goodvibes

When we arrived at the lodge, I had a mission. I had seen other TRs with pictures taken in a certain spot and I was determined to find it and get our own shot.

[​IMG]

We did a little looking around inside.

[​IMG]

Owen did some pin trading at one of the kiosks, and I thought I'd taken some pictures, but can't find them now. :confused3

Then it was time to check in for our ADR. The boys got to play for just a couple of minutes before we were seated.

[​IMG]

We had a great server. I found out that once you make a note in your reservation for your trip that it's someone's birthday, every reservation you have at a restaurant shows that it's your birthday. When our server asked about it, I told him my birthday had been the day before.

Chuck, Sully, and I all ordered the skillet. Chuck ordered one of their shakes too (which comes with the Dining Plan), but I knew it would be too much with the food. I don't remember what Owen and Connor had.

Here are before and after photos of the skillet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sully's skillet:

[​IMG]

The boys enjoying their food:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And dessert time! This was sooooo good!

[​IMG]

Around this time, a CM asked if anyone was celebrating any birthdays or anniversarys. Our server was "kind" enough to holler out, "Carissa is celebrating a birthday!!" :headache: Thankfully, they had everyone stand up to do the hokey pokey with those of us celebrating. Then, they brought out the "horses" to ride. I convinced Owen to do it, but he started feeling sick. :sick: He sat out the race.

Owen really started to look like he was going to be sick, so I had Chuck take him to the restroom. We settled our bill and all headed to the bathrooms. I saw this light fixture and thought of MeMom and took a picture:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Owen and Chuck came out of the bathroom and there had been no vomiting - woohoo! He still wasn't feeling well so we headed outside. We stopped at the benches and took some photos while just enjoying the moment.

[​IMG]

Here's Owen - too much hokey pokey?? (We figure he just had too much liquid with his meal and felt really full.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We reluctantly headed to the van and left the Lodge. But, we were looking forward to a special treat!

Up Next - Take a Walk With Me

20. jmskinner

jmskinner DIS Veteran

WCC, my favorite!!! Poor Owen, hope he was feeling better quickly. Did you order ketchup?

21. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

Love the photos of your boys tucking into their food :rotfl: Thank goodness he was just too full and not ill!