• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

How wonderful that Chuck can take 30 days off and be home for birthdays and moving -- that must have been a stress reliever for you! :goodvibes

Chuck got the official orders today! And it looks like they're giving him until June 22nd to report to school in Florida. He'll detach from here in May and then he can take up to 30 days of leave. This means he can be here for all three of the boys' birthdays AND help us move to Virginia before he leaves! :thumbsup2 That way he can get all of our electronic stuff set up for us. ;)

So, that means in just about 2 months we'll be moving! :scared1:

Wow! What a blessing! That is really great news....but it's the least they could do after the run-around you got with the orders to begin with! ::yes::::yes::

That's great Car! You guys will have all summer to take advantage of the beach. :woohoo: The "tourist" beach can be fun but gets very packed and of course you have to pay for parking. The beach at Dam Neck is great though and since it is on base doesn't get too packed.

:woohoo: Awesome, Carissa!!! :woohoo: Sounds like an exciting couple of months for your family!!! Where in VA will you be? My DBro is a Col in the Army and works at the Pentagon and lives in VA. They love VA!!! :yay:

How wonderful that Chuck can take 30 days off and be home for birthdays and moving -- that must have been a stress reliever for you! :goodvibes

It will definitely make things easier!

Wow! What a blessing! That is really great news....but it's the least they could do after the run-around you got with the orders to begin with! ::yes::::yes::

Well, the 30 days of leave are days he has saved up. They're not giving him extra time. But, we thought he had to report by May 22nd and didn't realize he had the option of showing up later. So, that works out well for us.

That's great Car! You guys will have all summer to take advantage of the beach. :woohoo: The "tourist" beach can be fun but gets very packed and of course you have to pay for parking. The beach at Dam Neck is great though and since it is on base doesn't get too packed.

That's great to know Lessa! When I use to go to the beach, I'd find a place to park on one of the side roads off of the main strip. I hated how packed it always was. We'll definitely have to check it out. Do you know if there is a commissary at the Oceanic base? I can probably find out easy enough but just thought I'd ask the expert. ;) The place we'll probably end up living at is right next to it so that would be really convenient for me.

:woohoo: Awesome, Carissa!!! :woohoo: Sounds like an exciting couple of months for your family!!! Where in VA will you be? My DBro is a Col in the Army and works at the Pentagon and lives in VA. They love VA!!! :yay:

He must live in Northern Virginia. It's a pretty area but so busy and expensive! We live close to there now. We'll be living down around Norfolk/Virginia Beach. It's about 3 1/2 - 4 hours from D.C.

That's fantastic news Carissa! See, after all those troubles getting orders, it is all working out.

I'm going to enjoy this TR with the move involved, since that is how my TR was also. It will be interesting to hear of anothers experience. I hope it goes really well!

I wouldn't think it odd to see someone take a camera into the bathroom. But, I might think it odd to see someone taking pictures in the bathroom. :rolleyes1

So, I won't tell you I took a picture of the animal tiles in the bathroom at Conservation Station....nope, didn't do that.

That's fantastic news Carissa! See, after all those troubles getting orders, it is all working out.

I'm going to enjoy this TR with the move involved, since that is how my TR was also. It will be interesting to hear of anothers experience. I hope it goes really well!

Me too! I also have a trip coming up next weekend (not this weekend). My best friend from Maine is coming to visit and we're taking a trip to Virginia Beach for two nights. I'll do a mini TR about it when I get back.

So, I won't tell you I took a picture of the animal tiles in the bathroom at Conservation Station....nope, didn't do that.

I said it might look odd - didn't say I wouldn't do it myself! :rotfl: I may have a picture from inside the bathroom at POR. :rolleyes1

Great first installment!! I am so sorry about the migraine. Good idea to have a stack of DVD's :thumbsup2.

It is wonderful to know that Chuck will be there for the kid's birthdays and to help with the move.

Just wanted to say hello to fellow Marylanders :banana:
I grew up in Mt Airy and loved it it use to be such a small town.. I guess its not that way anymore.. Haven't been back in 10 years or so..

I too was in the Navy stationed in Sunny San Diego on a ship. Also went to school in Pensacola FL for almost 2 years when i joined. Man those were good times :rolleyes1

I can't wait to hear about the roadtrip with 3 boys. I remember those LOOONG hours on 95 heading to the world.. Fighting with my brother the whole way. And just think the speed limit was 55 then :scared1:

Congratulations on Chuck FINALLY getting his orders and how awesome that he will be around to help you!!:cool1:

OK, GREAT start to your TR! I was cracking up about the hand dryers...they have then in our airport and they nearlyknocked Eric over last year!!:rotfl:

Chuck did have a LARGE assortment of dvd's:goodvibes

Hooray for not forgetting gameboys and Oreo's successful boarding:thumbsup2

Anxiously awaiting more!popcorn::

Sooo exciting!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Kathy

:goodvibes

Great first installment!! I am so sorry about the migraine. Good idea to have a stack of DVD's :thumbsup2.

It is wonderful to know that Chuck will be there for the kid's birthdays and to help with the move.

Thanks Tracy! I'm use to migraines as I get at least two a month. I was kind of expecting it.

Just wanted to say hello to fellow Marylanders :banana:
I grew up in Mt Airy and loved it it use to be such a small town.. I guess its not that way anymore.. Haven't been back in 10 years or so..

I too was in the Navy stationed in Sunny San Diego on a ship. Also went to school in Pensacola FL for almost 2 years when i joined. Man those were good times :rolleyes1

I can't wait to hear about the roadtrip with 3 boys. I remember those LOOONG hours on 95 heading to the world.. Fighting with my brother the whole way. And just think the speed limit was 55 then :scared1:

:welcome: Not only was the speed limit lower, but there were no DVD players in the vehicles! :scared1: :rotfl:

My husband has spent quite a bit of time in San Diego - not on a ship though. We were actually hoping to get orders out that way, but it didn't happen.

Glad to have you along! :goodvibes

Congratulations on Chuck FINALLY getting his orders and how awesome that he will be around to help you!!:cool1:

OK, GREAT start to your TR! I was cracking up about the hand dryers...they have then in our airport and they nearlyknocked Eric over last year!!:rotfl:

Chuck did have a LARGE assortment of dvd's:goodvibes

Hooray for not forgetting gameboys and Oreo's successful boarding:thumbsup2

Anxiously awaiting more!popcorn::

I am so loving hearing all about everyone's experiences with those crazy dryers! :lmao:

Chuck is in the process of registering here on the Dis and getting all decked out. Be on the lookout for him (mnkyboy24). :rolleyes1

I love those dryers! They seriously amaze and have been known to wash my hands several times jsut to use them. I hope the move goes smoothly. We did a move on a little less notice than that and it was just so hectic I never felt like I caught my breath!

Chuck got the official orders today! And it looks like they're giving him until June 22nd to report to school in Florida. He'll detach from here in May and then he can take up to 30 days of leave. This means he can be here for all three of the boys' birthdays AND help us move to Virginia before he leaves! :thumbsup2 That way he can get all of our electronic stuff set up for us. ;)

So, that means in just about 2 months we'll be moving! :scared1:

I am the electronics "geek" for the house and the "pack mule" for most excursions too. Eh.....its a living. ;) Lucklily they were fairly generous with the orders and the timing, so I could help with the moving and setting up in Norfolk (VA Beach more likely). Plus I wouldn't want to have Carissa suffer without Internet and HDTV, she can get a little grumpy!:eek: Just kidding...she is quite capable...she just gets a smidgen frustrated with all the cables and connectors.

I love those dryers! They seriously amaze and have been known to wash my hands several times jsut to use them. I hope the move goes smoothly. We did a move on a little less notice than that and it was just so hectic I never felt like I caught my breath!

Thankfully since the military hires packers/movers for us, it won't be too bad. The timing works out great with the boys school.

I am the electronics "geek" for the house and the "pack mule" for most excursions too. Eh.....its a living. Lucklily they were fairly generous with the orders and the timing, so I could help with the moving and setting up in Norfolk (VA Beach more likely). Plus I wouldn't want to have Carissa suffer without Internet and HDTV, she can get a little grumpy! Just kidding...she is quite capable...she just gets a smidgen frustrated with all the cables and connectors.

Who invited you here anyway??? :confused3

I can't wait to post that picture of you as the pack mule at Sea World. :rolleyes1

I am the electronics "geek" for the house and the "pack mule" for most excursions too. Eh.....its a living. ;) Lucklily they were fairly generous with the orders and the timing, so I could help with the moving and setting up in Norfolk (VA Beach more likely). Plus I wouldn't want to have Carissa suffer without Internet and HDTV, she can get a little grumpy!:eek: Just kidding...she is quite capable...she just gets a smidgen frustrated with all the cables and connectors.

Hmmmm.....who do we have here posting on Carissa's thread!!!! :surfweb:

Is it a TROLL :scared: or the LOVE OF HER LIFE :love: ??? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :goodvibes

:welcome: mnkyboy24

Hi mnkyboy24! It's so nice when the significant other can chime in with their spin on the trip! Glad you decided to join the party!

Great news on your orders - I can't imagine moving a family of 5 by myself. :scared1:

Hiya Chuck!

That's great to know Lessa! When I use to go to the beach, I'd find a place to park on one of the side roads off of the main strip. I hated how packed it always was. We'll definitely have to check it out. Do you know if there is a commissary at the Oceanic base? I can probably find out easy enough but just thought I'd ask the expert. ;) The place we'll probably end up living at is right next to it so that would be really convenient for me.

There used to be one right on the Oceanic base but a few years ago they built a nice new big one just down the street so it is not officially on the base but close enough. :thumbsup2

YAY!! A chapter on the Education of Hand Dryers! :lmao: KAR! Thanks for mentioning that you saw them at Green airport. i know i saw them somewhere and couldnt figure out where. now i know! ;)

Hi Chuck!!! :banana:

Congratulations on finally getting the orders and knowing when and where you are going. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter