What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Geez! I thought I already replied, but I guess not:sad2: Anyway...GREAT update Carissa! We are SO hoping to see Sorcerer Mickey this trip! We also have an ADR for Sci Fi. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Love all the pictures and I cannot believe how much rain there was and how wet your pants were!:eek:

We started playing a little more than three years ago, but neither of us plays anymore. I had an Orc Hunter who I got to level 63. Sometimes I miss playing, but I have so much other stuff to do anyway. My husband now plays Warhammer Online instead. It's funny how many wives play WoW too. ;)

I have a level 80 Human Mage and a few other level 60 and 70 toons. We play with other couples that have been friends of mine since High School. I think that's the only thing that is keeping me in the game now. I'm really getting burned out and don't have the time or energy to dedicate to it.

I thought about trying Warhammer but I'm not really into PvP so I'm not sure if I would enjoy it that much.

Anyway...enough of the computer geek talk. On with the Disney geek talk:laughing:

My wife and I are actually thinking about a trip this summer. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at Windsor Hills. I think we might try to find a condo there for the week. We have never stayed off property so that would be a first for us.

Geez! I thought I already replied, but I guess not:sad2: Anyway...GREAT update Carissa! We are SO hoping to see Sorcerer Mickey this trip! We also have an ADR for Sci Fi. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Love all the pictures and I cannot believe how much rain there was and how wet your pants were!:eek:

That's okay Diane. Sometimes I'll read an update, but not have time to reply and then I forget to go back. ;)

My pants were mainly wet from walking through puddles - that's the problem with that cut of pant. We had a far rainier day coming up. :rolleyes1

I have a level 80 Human Mage and a few other level 60 and 70 toons. We play with other couples that have been friends of mine since High School. I think that's the only thing that is keeping me in the game now. I'm really getting burned out and don't have the time or energy to dedicate to it.

I thought about trying Warhammer but I'm not really into PvP so I'm not sure if I would enjoy it that much.

Anyway...enough of the computer geek talk. On with the Disney geek talk:laughing:

My wife and I are actually thinking about a trip this summer. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at Windsor Hills. I think we might try to find a condo there for the week. We have never stayed off property so that would be a first for us.

Are you strictly an Alliance player? We had characters on both sides, but we played more on the Horde side just because we had more friends over there. I wasn't into PvP either. Never did any raids - too much pressure! ;)

Yes - we loved Windsor Hills! It really is pretty convenient to get to the parks from there and having more space was awesome. :thumbsup2

Can I go nowhere without hearing talk of WoW?:sad2: My husband plays a lot and I've gotten used to "Can I get on at 10 tonight? We want to raid blahbety blah." or "I just need to make these glyphs(?) and then I'll get off." Sigh. I thought I could escape into my dis-ing.;)

Can I go nowhere without hearing talk of WoW?:sad2: My husband plays a lot and I've gotten used to "Can I get on at 10 tonight? We want to raid blahbety blah." or "I just need to make these glyphs(?) and then I'll get off." Sigh. I thought I could escape into my dis-ing.;)

We each have our own computer so that isn't an issue for us. And Chuck doesn't play much anymore. He'll play for a short time and then come downstairs and paint his models while we watch TV together.

Have you tried playing? That's kind of why I started initially - so that we'd have something to do together. And then I just started to enjoy it.

After our awesome lunch at Sci Fi, it was time to head back over to Toy Story Mania to use our fastpasses. By the time we got over there, the wait time for the standby line was 100 minutes. :scared1: There is no way I would wait in line for ANY attraction for that long - no matter how fun it is. I believe the FP return time was 7:30 - 8:30 by then.

TSM was just as fun the second time around and this was my score this time:

IMG_4440.jpg

Gettin' better. :thumbsup2

We had decided on seeing Lights, Motors, Action! this time around since we'd skipped it the previous year in lieu of Indiana Jones. I think LMA is a better show than IJ. We got there pretty early so were able to snatch up some decent seats. :woohoo: I really was hoping to get some nice shots this time.

I have quite a few pictures from the show so I'm just going to post them with no commentary from me. :cool2:

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4466.jpg

The stunt person on fire turned out to be a woman. :thumbsup2

IMG_4468.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4471.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

During our first trip to Disney, we ended up sitting on the side of the stadium for LMA so I was really hoping to get some better shots – right from the center. I love the ball of fire in the last one.

After the show, we took our time getting out and made our way over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playset. As expected, it turned out to be VERY busy and crowded in there so we didn’t stay long. I didn’t even take any pictures – including one of me sitting on an ant that I had promised a certain someone. :rolleyes1

The last thing on my MUST DO list was to see Beauty and the Beast. We had a little time to kill before the next show so we decided to do The Great Movie Ride. Owen had his face in my lap most of the time throughout the ride. He’s been on it before, but I guess that’s part of why he was so scared – he knew what was coming. Chuck and I decided that would probably be the last time we do that attraction. The fact that the CM riding with you has the same lines every time makes it a bit cheesy.

We headed over to Beauty and the Beast and called my parents while we waited for the show to begin. I don’t think Chuck or the boys were too excited about seeing this show, but in the end, we all loved it. I didn’t take any pictures because I haven’t really mastered the art of turning off the flash yet. :rolleyes1

After the show we decided it was time to leave the park. The weather had finally improved – the sun was out! As we drove out, we saw that the Music lot was completely empty. Is that normal? I think overall there were very low crowds that day thanks to the rain.

Up Next – Our First Towel…Creation?

So you have to tell me what the deal is with LMA... are there fastpasses or not?? It looks like there are two shows scheduled each afternoon, unless things change a lot in the next week... Do you use a FP? Or do you just get there early? Any seating suggestions?

So you have to tell me what the deal is with LMA... are there fastpasses or not?? It looks like there are two shows scheduled each afternoon, unless things change a lot in the next week... Do you use a FP? Or do you just get there early? Any seating suggestions?

Are there FP for LMA?? :confused3 It seats a TON of people. The first time we just happened to notice everyone was heading in for the next show so we went. But, we sat on the side and didn't have as good a view. Personally, I say get there early and sit in the center section - not too far up.

You got some really great shots of LMA! :thumbsup2 I am not a big fan of it because I don't like the bleachers. I have an irrational fear of bleachers. I'm always afraid I'm going to fall and be dangling. BAH! :rotfl2:

Love the Sorcerer Mickey shots and I really loved the milkshakes at SciFi, yummy!

Great shots of LMA Carissa!:thumbsup2 I love that show too! We will be skipping it this year though, I can't imagine sitting in that stadium in the summer heat!:sad2: The boys LOVE the GMR I think it is just OK but we have been fortunate enough to sit up front each time we have been on so the drivers really interact with the boys! We WILL be seeing Beauty and the Beast this trip too, I am glad to hear that your boys ended up liking it!:thumbsup2

I was expectating a tale about a piano......;)

those are nice scenery shots there and rooftop view of the park....nice!

We have yet to see LMASS....I thought we'd do it this trip, but we ended up doing something completly different.

weren't you'd pleased when that sun came back out! It was nice to take the ponchos off!

Great update Carissa! Love the shots of LMA, I agree it's better than IJ. I hear you about GMR too, they need to redo it because its getting pretty sleepy. I used to love it but the same old thing every time has gotten so old and the CMs are never into it anymore! Glad to hear that the boys even loved Beauty and the Beast, I hope DF will feel the same way when I make him see it with me:laughing:

I was so bummed that we didn't get to see LMA on our last trip. We had planned to do it but every time the show was running the family was tired and wanted to leave :confused3 I will definitely get to it on our next trip.

We each have our own computer so that isn't an issue for us. And Chuck doesn't play much anymore. He'll play for a short time and then come downstairs and paint his models while we watch TV together.

Have you tried playing? That's kind of why I started initially - so that we'd have something to do together. And then I just started to enjoy it.

This really is true. ;) If my wife an daughter didn't play I wouldn't be on nearly as much as I am. We actually have a lot of fun playing together and the other people in our guild are couples as well so that makes it really nice.

Jeez, I'm gone for six days and I have 12 pages to catch up on....you could have all waited ya know....

Carissa,
Great updates

Don't be embarrassed about your RNRC picture as you see everyone looks like that.

When you were in Sci-Fi were the cast members adding sound effects, like when the 50 foot man gets stabbed with the needle we always yell Ouch! and when he is going to trow it at the other guy we yell WATCH OUT!!!!....yes we are that annoying group of people.

Loved your Mini Trip report, glad you found a place so quickly. Bad news I checked my calendar and I am busy what ever day you are moving....Sorry

The Lights, Motor, Action is the best show at the Studios, I've seen it 4 or 5 times and it always ends the same way, the bad guys lose...

Keep the updates coming......

This really is true. ;) If my wife an daughter didn't play I wouldn't be on nearly as much as I am. We actually have a lot of fun playing together and the other people in our guild are couples as well so that makes it really nice.

That's so nice its a couple or family activity for you guys. It's just never held a ton of interest for me and now hubby's characters are all level 70+, and 2 are level 80, so at this point we wouldn't be playing together. Plus, we only have one computer with fast internet, so we have to take turns. If we both played WoW, I'd never get to dis!:scared1:;)

Anyway, Carissa love your pictures of LMA. We missed it last trip, but definitely want to give it a try this time around. How cool that the on fire stunt man was a woman.:thumbsup2 How many times do you think she's been told she's hot?:rotfl:

You got some really great shots of LMA! :thumbsup2 I am not a big fan of it because I don't like the bleachers. I have an irrational fear of bleachers. I'm always afraid I'm going to fall and be dangling. BAH! :rotfl2:

They're not the most comfortable thing to sit on - that's for sure!

Love the Sorcerer Mickey shots and I really loved the milkshakes at SciFi, yummy!

I always get the oreo cookie milkshake - yumm! :thumbsup2

Great shots of LMA Carissa!:thumbsup2 I love that show too! We will be skipping it this year though, I can't imagine sitting in that stadium in the summer heat!:sad2: The boys LOVE the GMR I think it is just OK but we have been fortunate enough to sit up front each time we have been on so the drivers really interact with the boys! We WILL be seeing Beauty and the Beast this trip too, I am glad to hear that your boys ended up liking it!:thumbsup2

Afterwards Sully said he thought it would be "girly", but he really enjoyed it.

I was expectating a tale about a piano......;)

those are nice scenery shots there and rooftop view of the park....nice!

We have yet to see LMASS....I thought we'd do it this trip, but we ended up doing something completly different.

weren't you'd pleased when that sun came back out! It was nice to take the ponchos off!

I'll be interested to see what you did instead. So many teasers!! :rotfl:

Great update Carissa! Love the shots of LMA, I agree it's better than IJ. I hear you about GMR too, they need to redo it because its getting pretty sleepy. I used to love it but the same old thing every time has gotten so old and the CMs are never into it anymore! Glad to hear that the boys even loved Beauty and the Beast, I hope DF will feel the same way when I make him see it with me:laughing:

Chuck even enjoyed it. It was the same thing with Voyage of the Little Mermaid last year. My dad wasn't interested, but I made him go and he loved it. ;)

I was so bummed that we didn't get to see LMA on our last trip. We had planned to do it but every time the show was running the family was tired and wanted to leave :confused3 I will definitely get to it on our next trip.

I hope you get to see it! It's a lot of fun with some neat surprises.

Jeez, I'm gone for six days and I have 12 pages to catch up on....you could have all waited ya know....

We wanted to give you something to do when you returned to work - since you don't actually have any of that to keep you busy.

Don't be embarrassed about your RNRC picture as you see everyone looks like that.

Where's your picture then?? :confused3

When you were in Sci-Fi were the cast members adding sound effects, like when the 50 foot man gets stabbed with the needle we always yell Ouch! and when he is going to trow it at the other guy we yell WATCH OUT!!!!....yes we are that annoying group of people.

:rotfl: No - didn't hear anything. It was very quiet and like I said - I seemed to be the only one laughing.

Loved your Mini Trip report, glad you found a place so quickly. Bad news I checked my calendar and I am busy what ever day you are moving....Sorry

I'll need a note from your doctor or your mother please.

The Lights, Motor, Action is the best show at the Studios, I've seen it 4 or 5 times and it always ends the same way, the bad guys lose...

I think it was your pictures from LMA that made me want to get some good ones this time.

Anyway, Carissa love your pictures of LMA. We missed it last trip, but definitely want to give it a try this time around. How cool that the on fire stunt man was a woman.:thumbsup2 How many times do you think she's been told she's hot?:rotfl:

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter