What's in/did you have for your guest bags?

EvilinaDM101 said:
It's funny that you mentioned them! I bought out the post office down the street from our house of Disney Stamps for our invites. Great idea though to have them already stamped!! Thanks again!!

What I plan to do for our Castaway Cay wedding in 2006 is to get postcards with Bahamian stamps already affixed, pre-address them to my home, and to lay them out at the reception with some pens. Then, instead of a sign-in book, I'm going to have the guests write us a message, then I'll mail them all from Castaway Cay before we depart. It will be fun to get the postcards at home and will continue the magic of the trip. Aditionally, it will give our guests something to do while they wait for us at the reception while we take photos on the island.

Jennifer

That is SUCH a CUTE idea!! :lovestruc

Moonbeams said:
What I plan to do for our Castaway Cay wedding in 2006 is to get postcards with Bahamian stamps already affixed, pre-address them to my home, and to lay them out at the reception with some pens. Then, instead of a sign-in book, I'm going to have the guests write us a message, then I'll mail them all from Castaway Cay before we depart. It will be fun to get the postcards at home and will continue the magic of the trip. Aditionally, it will give our guests something to do while they wait for us at the reception while we take photos on the island.

Jennifer

First off, that little poem ROCKS!! Your tags and your bags are AWESOME!! Little Mermaid is a PERFECT wedding theme and you did SUCH an amazing job with everything!!! I showed one of my girlfriends your wedding pics and she started crying. No joke! She LOVED everything that you did and was even trying to convince me of switching themes!! No offense to Ariel but Lilo is my girl!!! :sunny:

Fantasia Sam said:
Shonnel - OMG your bags are going to bowl your guests over, you've done such a good job.

These were the ones that we did:

The actual bag

d2d8537b.jpg

Items that went in - I shopped at Disneydeals on Ebay and at Target

03c8f974.jpg

Then I made these tags and delivered the bags to the guests myself by hand

c58fea64.jpg

fbe48933.jpg

No offence taken Shonnel LOL

Awww and that's so touching to hear about your friend - tell her I thanks and hi :)

I love Lilo too which is why we did a Lilo and Stitch theme for our rehearsal dinner at 'Ohanas - I'll have to dig that stuff out too - Of course in retrospect I wish we had done a private function somewhere and booked both characters - I'll save that for the vow renewal ;-)

LOL that's funny that you say that because I CANNOT WAIT to have 30 minutes with Lilo and Stitch without having to wait in line!!! . :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Fantasia Sam said:
No offence taken Shonnel LOL

Awww and that's so touching to hear about your friend - tell her I thanks and hi :)

I love Lilo too which is why we did a Lilo and Stitch theme for our rehearsal dinner at 'Ohanas - I'll have to dig that stuff out too - Of course in retrospect I wish we had done a private function somewhere and booked both characters - I'll save that for the vow renewal ;-)

And I can't wait to see those pictures - a girlfriend of mine had Stitch to her welcome dessert party in Disneyland in February and he was a real hoot - I'll have to share the pictures with you :)

Luvndisney said:
Jenn - that is the smae thing we will have to do in july. good to hear you had an easy way to go. When did you drop off the bags? does it have to be the day before the arrive? Also, were the hang tags just bag labels with the information printed? I didn't know they would give you the room numbers for guests? Did you have to ask for something special or just tell them about the wedding?Also, was there a fee for them delivering the bags?

We dropped off the bags the day before all but 2 of our guests arrived. The ones that had already arrived recieved their bags when we dropped them off, delivered to their rooms and left if they were not in at the time. We made the hang tags to match our wedding theme, the front said "Welcome to Ryan & Jennifer's Wedding Weekend Celebration" and the back had their names on it. I don't know if that is something that they normally do, but I wanted to be sure I had record of all of their room numbers and marked them on the chart my EM gave me with all the guests reservations and the hotel they were in. I insitsted on it, told them it was for a custom wedding and that I needed it to make sure everyone got what they were supposed to. They are pretty accustomed to brides and grooms doing this so they should not be surprised. If they are...ask for another cast member to help you. There was no fee to have them delivered. We thankfully had no problems.

jennycee said:
We dropped off the bags the day before all but 2 of our guests arrived. The ones that had already arrived recieved their bags when we dropped them off, delivered to their rooms and left if they were not in at the time. We made the hang tags to match our wedding theme, the front said "Welcome to Ryan & Jennifer's Wedding Weekend Celebration" and the back had their names on it. I don't know if that is something that they normally do, but I wanted to be sure I had record of all of their room numbers and marked them on the chart my EM gave me with all the guests reservations and the hotel they were in. I insitsted on it, told them it was for a custom wedding and that I needed it to make sure everyone got what they were supposed to. They are pretty accustomed to brides and grooms doing this so they should not be surprised. If they are...ask for another cast member to help you. There was no fee to have them delivered. We thankfully had no problems.

Nice! It sounds GREAT that they were so accommodating!! I hope our bags go out as smoothly as your did!! :goodvibes Your bags sounded really cute too. Did you have any pics of them? Thanks again for all the info on bag delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter