What's in/did you have for your guest bags?

EvilinaDM101

I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and m
We are having about 35-40 people at our wedding and we've so far put together this . . .

f24ad729.jpg

2 different types of Stitch mugs
Small Stitch plush holding a white chocolate candy bar
L&S Choc cover Macadamia nuts
L&S personal hand fan
SPF 55 Shishedo sun block (got a great deal from MOH's mother)
Tempo Tissues
Stitch pen
Chips ahoy
Oreo's
Cappuccino
$10.00 Stitch Disney Dollars
2 packs of Listerine breath strips
2 bottles of water
HTH luggage tag from TOT

Welcome letter and itinerary

This bag is for each couple. Any other idea's is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Blimey they must be costing a small fortune - great gifts! How about some postcards for them to send home?

We flying out with 6 family for the wedding - I'm compiling a book for each couple all about Disney with hints and tips... I've toyed with gift bags but as we're flying from the UK I'd have to carry them out... although we are flying with Virgin and are planning ontaking an empty case to bring the souvenirs home in... maybe I could just fill it with gift bags on the way out...

hmm must start writing a shopping list :o)

LOL! We are shipping them a week before the wedding. As for the cost we went to Sams/CostCo (Warehouse stores that sell items in bulk) A LOT and caught many of the things on sale. I am also a FREQUENT shopper at the Disney Store in town where they know me by my first name!! :cool1: I got the fans, the plush, and the mugs on sale. Especially with summer coming to an end there was the big sale. I'll have to add postcards. Thanks again for the idea!!

Can I come to the wedding :) Jz?K great gift bag I Love them !!!!!

I agree with the post cards :) I htink I would add the stamps that way they woudl get used ?

It's funny that you mentioned them! I bought out the post office down the street from our house of Disney Stamps for our invites. Great idea though to have them already stamped!! Thanks again!!

i like your stitch bags with goodies, there so cute!

we're doing one welcome bags too per family/couple/single for a total of 29 bags for 64 guests. which will have a welcome letter, basic itiniary of events & wdw park maps. we bought personalized canvas bags & are including a mickey mouse plush, wedding candle, palm tree journal, sunscreen, ghiradelli chocolate bars, personalized water bottles, oranges, misc. snacks like pretzels & muffins. 2 postcards prestamped & we want to include some disney dollars. there are also 9 kids gift bags & are incling disney books, glow in the dark swords & crowns, animal puzzles, mickey mouse playing cards, disney fruit snacks and then baby items for 3 infants w/ gerber baby food, bear in the big blue house bibs, bottles & pacifiers & wetwipes. we have bought everything but the food items & in the end it will be about $600 for all the bags. all our guests are at 2 resorts & were going to have them handed out at check in. i found alot of deals at the dollarstore, walgreens & online.

Oh!! the kids bags sound soooo cute!! Unfortunatly there are no kids that will be attending the wedding. I LOVE the personalized water bottle idea but FDH didn't care for it too much because he thought people would get tired of seeing our names and wedding date on everything.(boys will be boys) :p Our bags too will be handed out at check-in and I have my fingers crossed that the process goes smoothly!! ALSO I love the Orange idea! I think that is just too cute and clever! I may have to borrow that idea from you. As for the price of the bags, we came out to about the same amount but for 20 bags. Like I said earlier you can get some GREAT deals during the sales and at the warehouse stores! Thanks again for sharing!!

Hey... great gift bags everyone! I am starting to work on mine. Here is what I have so far. I was really lucky to find at a local Pharmacy a travel set that had the following in it: Box of bandaids, box of gravol, 2 packs of rolaids, a bottle of aspirin, hand cream, kleenex and a heat pad muscle pain relief. It cost $6.89 each, and when I priced out the gravol, it was $6.59 alone! So I got one of those for everyone's bag. I am also planning on putting an itinerary in, some gum/candy/mints, list of everyone attending, teabags, disposable camera (maybe), restaurant menues, a travel mug, and then last but not least.... I made door hangers (like the do not disturb ones) that have mickey, donald, goofy, minnie, etc... all looking out around a door and it says on the door hanger.... " We're Here for the Poulin/Halliday Wedding!!! ". I figure that way when people from the wedding are walking around they'll know who else is with us! But I am still working out the final details of my gift bag!

LOVE THE DOOR HANGER IDEA!!! Sounds like you have something good brewing!! :goodvibes As for the disposable camera's, not too big of a fan if you are planning to use them for the wedding ceremony or reception because at my brother's wedding during the ceremony throughout the video you would hear the LOUD winding and clicking of the disposable:scared1: . Just something to think about.

Can I ask how you made the door hangers? Did you cut them out yourself or is there a kit? They sound so cute, I might have to steal that.

Thanks for the compliment on the door hangers!!! I have all sorts of little things like that that I have done for my guest. I am sending out information package #2 (kinda like a newsletter) around xmas time, and I am including luggage tags for everyone in the newsletter. I made two different styles of tags using business cards and then had them laminated. The one has the gang all walking and carrying suitcases and it reads "Bruce and Amanda's Grand Gathering of Friends - Walt Disney World Florida May 2006" and then the other has a picture of Mickey getting ready to take off and it reads "Let's Go!!! We're on our way to Bruce and Amanda's Magical Getaway Walt Disney World Florida May 2006". They turned out awesome and I can't wait to mail them out to everyone! I think that I would do anything to make this a magical vacation right down to the last detail for each and every one of my guest! If you want help with any ideas for stuff I would love to help!

care403 said:
Can I ask how you made the door hangers? Did you cut them out yourself or is there a kit? They sound so cute, I might have to steal that.

It was quite simple actually and they look great! I bought a nice heavy card stock white. Printed 3 door hangers per 8X11 sheet of card stock. I then cut them out, leaving the bottom square and rounding the top a bit. After I put two holes in the top corners with a hole punch. I then took some pretty matching ribbon and secured it to the door hanger through the holes that I punched out. They look really great. I got a clipart from a Disney clipart site and it is a door slightly open with everyone's head peaking out from behind it and there is a welcome mat on the floor in front of the door. It is perfect for this thing!

Okay! Stolen idea over here and running with it!!! I'll post what I come up with!! Thanks again!! :moped: :moped:

Thanks for the info! That's so creative! Hope you don't mind me stealing your ideas. I don't think we'll have any of the same guests so no one will be the wiser ;)

EvilinaDM101 said:
Our bags too will be handed out at check-in and I have my fingers crossed that the process goes smoothly!!

From someone who has been through this...78 bags at 7 different hotels, the thing they are going to ask is that you have the guests name on each bag. So we made a hang tag with each guests name and our wedding date and our names. Then when we brought them to the front desk I MADE them look up each guest and I wrote their room number on the back of the tag. This way you know that everyone is showing up in their system and it agrees with who you have. We were very glad we did that. It worked out great, no snaffoos, everyone got their bags.

I got big thank-you's from the staff at the desks that I was so organized. Hey, I was a bride, what did they expect!

Jenn - that is the smae thing we will have to do in july. good to hear you had an easy way to go. When did you drop off the bags? does it have to be the day before the arrive? Also, were the hang tags just bag labels with the information printed? I didn't know they would give you the room numbers for guests? Did you have to ask for something special or just tell them about the wedding?Also, was there a fee for them delivering the bags?

I am just started to think about what we are filling out bags with. The bags themself are going to be backpacks. Kinda like those sports ones when you wear them they are flat on your back. This is what I always you so it is perfect. We are having them embroidered with our name and date. So they we serve two purposes. The inside will be filled with personalized water, tea,mickey pretzels, carriage soaps and mickey pencils. I am looking for mickey tea infusers so if anyone can help. Everyone has such great ideas. I will be visiting the Disney store soon. Thanks Everybody
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Luvndisney said:
Jenn - that is the smae thing we will have to do in july. good to hear you had an easy way to go. When did you drop off the bags? does it have to be the day before the arrive? Also, were the hang tags just bag labels with the information printed? I didn't know they would give you the room numbers for guests? Did you have to ask for something special or just tell them about the wedding?Also, was there a fee for them delivering the bags?

I did this too this past August--it was easy and most of the front desk staff insisted on looking up everyone for me. I had no fees. I dropped them all off on a Tuesday and some people had already arrived and some were coming as late as Thursday morning. The ones that had already arrived either had their bags delivered to them (at the yacht and floridian) or were called and told that they had a package waiting for them (coronado and asm).

Shonnel - OMG your bags are going to bowl your guests over, you've done such a good job.

These were the ones that we did:

The actual bag

d2d8537b.jpg

Items that went in - I shopped at Disneydeals on Ebay and at Target

03c8f974.jpg

Then I made these tags and delivered the bags to the guests myself by hand

c58fea64.jpg

fbe48933.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter