whats a mojito

A very good mixed drink, made with rum, lime, fresh mint, sugar (simple syrup) and club soda.:thumbsup2

rum? sounds like my kind of drink!
where in the EpCot/Boardwalk hotel area can I get one?

Thank you ma'am I'll have another....

It's a very tasty yummy drink! although I have to warn ya...the sugar kinda hides that alcohol taste...so they go down smooth as can be! Before you know it you're dancin on the tables!

A mojito is FANTASTIC!

Although I ordered one at Ohana's and they did not have mint!
Hello...a mojito without mint! Needless to say it went back and I was now depressed becasue I did not have my mojito!

I agree, very very good! We special ordered one at the Brown Derby last Friday. It wasn't on the drink list but our waiter said it could be arranged. One of our favorite drinks.

A very good mixed drink, made with rum, lime, fresh mint, sugar (simple syrup) and club soda.:thumbsup2

Perfect recipe, I would recommend a "white" rum, like Bacardi Silver...very smooth. We make them at the Caribbean restaurant I manage and they are VERY tasty...we fresh squeeze the lime too as opposed to Rose's Lime....Now I am getting thirsty!!! LOL!!:rolleyes1

According to the Bacardi website this is how they suggest to make a Mojito:
"1 Part Bacardi Superior
3 Parts Club Soda
12 Mint Leaves
1/2 Lime
1 Lime Wedge
1 Tablespoon Sugar

Place 12 mint leaves, 1/2 part sugar and 1/2 part lime in a glass. Muddle well with a pestle. Add Bacardi rum, top off with club soda, stir well and garnish with sprigs of mint or wedge of lime."

Mojitos have a very crisp, refreshing flavor. But when ordering them out, be very careful, most places use Mojito mix and it just isn't the same (still good, but not as). Most places in WDW make their Mojitos with Mojito mix (it says on the menus).

They are the "hot" drink right now, so pretty much anyplace should be able to make one - although you need mint - so you need a bar that stocks mint. (At home we cheat and use mint extract).

Tommy Bahama Cafe out on International Drive makes a good one with Ginger Ale instead of Club Soda.

I was just going to say the same as BeckWhy. The mojitos at WDW bars (at least the resort bars that have the 'universal' menu) use a mix/syrup to flavor their mojitos. I don't like the mint that much so I haven't tried them there b/c the mint cannot be 'regulated'.
Whenever I get a mojito, I get a flavored one (if it's on the menu of some places, they'll make it w/a fruit puree for example) or ask for one to be made w/flavored rum and 'light' mint so there's only a hint of the mint flavor instead of it being the overwhelming flavor in the glass. I prefer caipirhinas (sp) to mojitos but they are more rare on menus and I've found that not all bartenders know how to make them as well.

the best one I've had so far is at Bongo's at DTD. It's a Cuban drink-they make it very well there. Try it. As another poster warned, be careful. It's yummy and deceptively potent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter