whats a mojito

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by newholidayx2, Sep 18, 2007.

1. newholidayx2

newholidayx2 <font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b

saw it mentioned on the DIS
    saw it on tv
    thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

A very good mixed drink, made with rum, lime, fresh mint, sugar (simple syrup) and club soda.:thumbsup2

4. newholidayx2

newholidayx2 <font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b

rum? sounds like my kind of drink!
    where in the EpCot/Boardwalk hotel area can I get one?

5. refillable mug

refillable mug Once is never enough

Downtown Disney. Bongos Cuban Cafe makes a good one.

6. scrappinmom

scrappinmom Still Tagless.......

Thank you ma'am I'll have another....

It's a very tasty yummy drink! although I have to warn ya...the sugar kinda hides that alcohol taste...so they go down smooth as can be! Before you know it you're dancin on the tables!

7. Destination Disney

Destination Disney Welcome Foolish Mortals!

A mojito is FANTASTIC!

Although I ordered one at Ohana's and they did not have mint!
    Hello...a mojito without mint! Needless to say it went back and I was now depressed becasue I did not have my mojito!

8. mingming

mingming Earning My Ears

I agree, very very good! We special ordered one at the Brown Derby last Friday. It wasn't on the drink list but our waiter said it could be arranged. One of our favorite drinks.

9. madisonsmom

madisonsmom Mouseketeer

Perfect recipe, I would recommend a "white" rum, like Bacardi Silver...very smooth. We make them at the Caribbean restaurant I manage and they are VERY tasty...we fresh squeeze the lime too as opposed to Rose's Lime....Now I am getting thirsty!!! LOL!!:rolleyes1

10. BeckWhy

BeckWhy <font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain

According to the Bacardi website this is how they suggest to make a Mojito:
    "1 Part Bacardi Superior
    3 Parts Club Soda
    12 Mint Leaves
    1/2 Lime
    1 Lime Wedge
    1 Tablespoon Sugar

Place 12 mint leaves, 1/2 part sugar and 1/2 part lime in a glass. Muddle well with a pestle. Add Bacardi rum, top off with club soda, stir well and garnish with sprigs of mint or wedge of lime."

Mojitos have a very crisp, refreshing flavor. But when ordering them out, be very careful, most places use Mojito mix and it just isn't the same (still good, but not as). Most places in WDW make their Mojitos with Mojito mix (it says on the menus).

11. crisi

crisi DIS Veteran

They are the "hot" drink right now, so pretty much anyplace should be able to make one - although you need mint - so you need a bar that stocks mint. (At home we cheat and use mint extract).

Tommy Bahama Cafe out on International Drive makes a good one with Ginger Ale instead of Club Soda.

12. luvpooh

luvpooh oh bother!

I was just going to say the same as BeckWhy. The mojitos at WDW bars (at least the resort bars that have the 'universal' menu) use a mix/syrup to flavor their mojitos. I don't like the mint that much so I haven't tried them there b/c the mint cannot be 'regulated'.
    Whenever I get a mojito, I get a flavored one (if it's on the menu of some places, they'll make it w/a fruit puree for example) or ask for one to be made w/flavored rum and 'light' mint so there's only a hint of the mint flavor instead of it being the overwhelming flavor in the glass. I prefer caipirhinas (sp) to mojitos but they are more rare on menus and I've found that not all bartenders know how to make them as well.

13. Disney Fool

Disney Fool <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

the best one I've had so far is at Bongo's at DTD. It's a Cuban drink-they make it very well there. Try it. As another poster warned, be careful. It's yummy and deceptively potent.