What year was it when you

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
discovered the world out there thru your computer ?

1998, I cant imagine life with out it now

We got our first computer when I was in grade 5 (so 1996) - at that point I think it just had a couple of games on it. I distinctly recall using a typewriter for a grade 6 Biography paper. I dont think we had the internet/printing programs at home until grade 7 or grade 8 so 1998/1999.

I want to say 94 or 95. I remember one of the internet companies had this maze game. It was super cool. Then they went bankrupt and we had to change to Compuserve.

Beginning of '95, even though I knew about it before then.

One of my good friends in college couldn't believe I got through my first year of college without an email account or a modem. But I kept telling him, "If I get it, I'll spend way to much time online." Jan '95, one of my engineering pre-requisites was a computer programming class, so I had to get one then. Plus, at the end of Jan I got a job in the university department that handled all the account maintenance for the university (via the same friend, he knew I was pretty knowledgeable about computers so he really couldn't understand why I didn't have an account).

So within a month I went from no account to having like 3, and being responsible for people knowing how to use email and surf the web and all that!

95. IBM Aptiva, which had one of those new awesome PENTIUM processors :cool1:

My first computer was a Commodore 64 that we got in the early 80's. no Internet access at home until the early 90's, though. I think at the time I had a Packard Bell PC.

Seems like we always had computers around while I was growing up (remember playing all those primitive games like the original Reader Rabbit, Oregon Trail, and many others), but it wasn't till about '97 or '98 (when I was 16 or 17) when my dad encouraged me to try out something called the World Wide Web. Been hooked ever since, haha.

1994. My son was in second grade.

Me, I was 37.

Mid 80's at work, late 80's(guessing 89) at home-email and limited internet...it was so slow and shut down all the time. Became addicted about 92.

It was shortly before I registered here...and since I lost my original start date in the board crash I am thinking we got our first computer in early 98. My youngest DD was in kindergarten...she is now in college.

My family got its first home computer in 1981, when I was in first grade. It was a TRS-80 Model 3, brought home by my father who was Chairman and CEO of a large publishing company and used to bring home used computers as they phased them out at his company.

I blame my terrible penmanship on the fact that I started typing my homework in the second grade. And how I loved printing out banners on the dot matrix printer!

As far as getting onto the Internet, I had access to it when I was in high school (1991-1994) and my college had high speed hardwired network access available in the freshman dormitories and upper class houses when I arrived as a first-year student, but both my high school and my college were very early adopters, so I was definitely anomalous.

We got internet about 1995 when DS was a sophomore in high school :eek: Couldn't get him off it. We had to have a 5 minute window each hour when he went offline so we could make phone calls.

First computer we got about 1984.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter