What would YOU do?

peekinglemer

Mouseketeer
I always book my reservations directly with Disney. I have been waiting for the latest discount for our trip planned for late September into early Oct.

We are leaving for a cruise on May 3 and won't be back until May 12. I'm afraid that they will release a discount for my time-frame while I am gone and the rooms I want (POR preferred - I need 2 rooms) won't be available when I get back and can book them.

I thought about booking with a TA before we leave for the cruise (that advertises here but who's name I won't mention) because they will be able to get the discount applied for us if and when one gets releases.

I'm just really up in the air about this. I really LIKE being in control of my own reservation and making all my own plans. However, I don't want to miss out on a discount or the room that I want because I was not in town to make the reservations in time.

Thoughts?

If it was me and I had picked dates and planned to go whether or not there was a discount then I would book the rooms now and apply any discount later. I wouldn't go through a travel agent.

You can always change your reservation to fall within any discount period, so it really isn't a problem to get a discount applied as long as your rooms are available for the discount.

Go on your trip and don't worry about missing discounts. They don't normally release fall discounts that early you will be home in time for discounts. I am an passholder and will be planning a trip for the same time and don't expect to see the discounts for awhile there working on summer discounts now

You could also just book through a TA for dates, but do everything else on your own.

When I book using TA, after dates have been finalized etc, we have to fill a questionnaire that requires information as to what other services you require such as ADR's, transportation info etc. If you don't require anything additional and prefer to do it yourself you can optout of having your TA plan anything additional and this way if a discount appears your TA is on top of the dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter