What would make you happy right NOW?

Princess Jes

DIS Veteran
What's something, no matter how tiny or far fetched, that would make you happiest right now??
Actually, what's TWO things? One big and one small.
It doesn't hurt to dream right?!

Mine would be to have the money to buy a friend's NASA memorabilia signed by Neil Armstrong himself, fly over to Orlando to give it to Pete to Auction off at DISapalooza to raise money for GKTW (I'm sure @safetymom would bid!!) and meet everyone who is going to the meet!

Now for the something small:
To not have this sore throat I've got and to stay at home in bed or on the couch all day.

Big: For my daughter to be happy (she's dealing with some issues and isn't in the best place right now).

Small: To not have 2 meeting to go to tonight and be able to just go home and relax.
I'm so sorry that your daughter is having a hard time of it at the moment.
Is it your daughter in college?
I realize I'm only 28 myself, but it pains me to see young people having a tough time and I just want to hug them and tell them that it will be ok, life isn't make or break depending on what happens at highschool and university/college, there's so much out there, and they'll get through it all, they're definitely stronger than they think!

Is it your daughter in college?
Thanks Jes. Yes, she is in her 2nd year. She's actually doing better than last year so she's making progress. She just turned 20 yesterday. The whole college transition, living away from home, sharing a room, etc. has been tough but she's figuring it all out with some help. She's a great kid, and an accomplished one. She's got a substantial academic scholarship. She self-published her first novel last year. So she's certainly not letting whatever is going on stop her from getting out and living life.

Last edited:
Small- I would like to find a snowboarding jacket for our trip that I love that doesn't make me regret footing the bill. It's not like I live in a particularly cold area to fully justify it, but cute is important!
Big- We are in in our super busy, high stress time at work right now. So, my big wish is that it's the end of October, I'm still a sane person, all of my state files are approved by my management and out the door, my resolutions on said files are great enough to net me a nice incentive payout for vacation/the holidays, and my biggest worries are making a bday cake...cleaning house for guests...and prepping for vacay.

Small- I would love to have a great interview tomorrow and cement the job!
Big- I would really, really like to be back at my job at the Jungle Cruise. I guess I can't have that, so instead i'll settle for looking forward to seeing my friends and riding my beloved attraction in November.

Something small to stay healthy for upcoming Disney trip :)

Something big a way to get rid of all my stress, anxiety, sadness, and doubts. So that I can live life fully and help others more

*~also I really want to be at Disney world right now~*image.jpeg

Big: For the next 5-6 months to fly by so my move and safety net is built up enough to actually move to Orlando. (I *AM* moving, the dream is to get down there before the next allergy season)

Small: Winter comes faster so everything I'm allergic too disappears and stop feeling sick.

Big: I have two answers, one downer and one more positive. Downer answer....my mom's ALZ is getting worse and having just spent time with her over the weekend, I wish it would(at the very least) stop progressing so rapidly. On a more POSITIVE note, I'd love to have the money and time to see all 30 major league ballparks in one season, and cap it off with a week at WDW during F/W, staying at one of the new Poly bungalows.

Small: Work has cracked down on video/audio streaming, so I'm unable to listen to or watch the shows. And I miss the chatterati. Would love for that to change.

To be honest I don't really have anything substantial that would make me happy in a big way as I try to be positive every day but if I had to choose it would be haps being on the beach of aulani with good dinner reservations and no thought of work

A small thing that would make me happy is seeing the candlelight processional for the first time

Small: For the AHL hockey season to begin right now and for one of my favorite players to have signed someplace closer to PA than Idaho!! Ohhh and for me to win some part of the Powerball jackpot...LOL!!!

Big: For the transition to a new boss to be a smooth one and for our Governor and Legislature to actually pass a budget sometime soon! PA has gone without a budget since July 1 and luckily the employees are still getting paid, but there are some services that will run out of funding by tomorrow.

Big: I have two answers, one downer and one more positive. Downer answer....my mom's ALZ is getting worse and having just spent time with her over the weekend, I wish it would(at the very least) stop progressing so rapidly. On a more POSITIVE note, I'd love to have the money and time to see all 30 major league ballparks in one season, and cap it off with a week at WDW during F/W, staying at one of the new Poly bungalows.

Small: Work has cracked down on video/audio streaming, so I'm unable to listen to or watch the shows. And I miss the chatterati. Would love for that to change.
I'm really sorry about your mum :-(

My friend had a dream of following the formula 1 races to every track for a season, this sounds similar and though we aren't as into baseball over here as you all are, I think this sounds wonderful and a great way to see your expansive country!

Win the Powerball tonight. $300M+
Mike, if you win, could I please borrow $10k so I can come to DISapalooza?
I swear I'll pay you back!

Mike, if you win, could I please borrow $10k so I can come to DISapalooza?
I swear I'll pay you back!
Nah. DISapalooza is sold out. If I win, though, I'll get you here in July for the mega meet. And you don't even have to pay me back.

Big = world hunger to go away
(To big?) LoL

Small = to enjoy a cup of pumpkin spice coffee and play board games with fam tonight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter