What would be your very first pick if you could pick any DVC resort?

Which DVC resort at Disney is your favorite?

• Animal Kingdom Villas

• Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

• Beach Club Villas

• Boardwalk Villas

• Old Key West

• Saratoga Springs Resort

• Wilderness Lodge Villas

Results are only viewable after voting.
BCV for us

We have stayed at SSR,BCV,BWV,VBR,AKV so far with VWL and BCV split stay coming up.

Our preference so far will be BCV,AKV,SSR , Whatever else is open and BWV only if nothing and I mean nothing is available. I don't see us staying at OKW just no reason with SSR down the street.

BCV is all about the Location , SAB is very nice but the smallness and location are the main thing.
AKV just can't beat waking up to Animals outside your doors , Freindliest CM so far in any of our stays . Just a wonderful resort overall.
SSR is all about closeness to DTD for some (us on some trips) that can't be beat . Close parking to your room ,Use of DTD buses to get to other resorts and a wonderful ride on the river if you want.

I won't bash BWV I know it has many followers and good points we just never found tem to the point where we won't stay there again to many other choices to take a chance of an unhappy trip again.

SSR - We are big DTD fans and spend most evenings there strolling or sitting at Raglan Road socializing. So, for us it was perfect. It is nice and quiet and even when there's a lot of people it feels like you have all this personal space, it's not crowded. We love the rooms and it has all the amenities we look for. Not sure why it gets such a bad rep, but for us it's perfect :thumbsup2

I'm so conflicted on this question....:lmao:

We stayed at BWV 3-6 Dec 08
SSR 12-14 Dec 08
BCV 30 Dec- 3 Jan 09
Offsite 9 Jan and BWV 10 Jan 09

We loved each and every stay. :confused3

When our trip has an EPCOT focus, then BWV and BCV are great. There is nothing better than staying at BCV over NYE IMHO. ;) There is nothing better than BWV during F&W and early Dec..

DH and I stayed at SSR. We very much enjoyed walking around SSR and walking to DTD. (I think we may have spent 2 hours total at the MK on that visit and that was the only theme park we visited). We loved our visit and would love to do it again as it was very relaxing.

I can't wait for BLT to open. My big dream is to stay at BLT (MK view) for my birthday (maybe 2010, if I am lucky. :wizard: )

My vote was for Beach Club Villa's. The reason is location. We feel like we are right in the middle of everything between the Boardwalk and the two parks, Epcot and DHS. We are so spoiled. Not to mention Stormalong Bay Pool that we love. We have stayed at many other DVC resorts on property, but this is our true favorite even though we love them all in their own way.

AKV - there is no other resort like it in Disney, and it is unlikely there ever will be.

The rest offer maybe the static view of the castle or other item and their own themed decor, but only AKV actually has its own zoo outside of your door to your room, that is offers a forever changing landscape of animals grazing and interacting with each other.

AKV also has two of the best restaurants on site, Boma and Jiko.

AKV is my favorite. I love the animals, theming, restaurants, and the fact that it feels far away from the parks makes me feel like I have a vacation within a vacation!

AKV because it is the most unique and uniquely well executed theme on property.

That said much would depend on the time of year. We stay at VWL in January because the cool weather and lodge theme seem very congruent. In December we stay at BCV to enjoy the best of the holidays with CP and Osborne lights within walking distance. In May we are off to VB to enjoy the beach before it gets crowded. October is our month to enjoy OKW. This one is not a seasonal pick, but a return to where it all started. We will probably divert one year to BLT and another to THV so that we will have sampled each of the DVC offerings.

I said BWV, however, we have not stayed at OKW, SSR or AKV. We were waitlisted at AKV this fall and did not get in and have toured OKW but not actually stayed there and have never even seen SSR.

We love the location of BWV. We can walk to the HS and Epcot and the option of many restaurants in those parks as well as the hotels in the area. We love to spend the evening just walking along the Boardwalk--always something going on. The only thing that would make it better would be if pool hopping were allowed at BCV! BCV would be a close second for me but DH did not like it at all--felt the layout was confusing and it took us forever to get from our room out of the hotel--I think it was probably not the greatest room location coupled with 2 tired adults with 2 tired small children not following the map well--we were only there a few days and never seemed to get comfortable. He doesn't want to stay there again, but I love the pool and the location is similar to BWV.

We would really like to try AKV. I think I would also love the location of the BLT but dislike the contemporary feel of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter