What would be your very first pick if you could pick any DVC resort?

Which DVC resort at Disney is your favorite?

• Animal Kingdom Villas

• Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

• Beach Club Villas

• Boardwalk Villas

• Old Key West

• Saratoga Springs Resort

• Wilderness Lodge Villas

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well.......I like all the ones we have stayed in, but not equally...however I could stay at any DVC resort and have a fine vacation. :thumbsup2 Having said that ....BCV was a big hit for us this past summer so we booked there again for this July. I haven't stayed at VWL yet so I don't know about that one. So for this poll....I am voting BCV for it's close location to EC, it's wonderful SAB, the resort is just beautiful, great food options too.

Boardwalk due to the location and the theming!!! Absolutely love the BW.

Blt is also a close 2nd due to the location.

Its all about the location for me. Being sooooo close to 3 parks (within walking distance is priceless). On one trip, we forgot to pack our coats and it was getting really cold really fast (feb trip) so I told DH I'd go back and get the coats--- We were are Ds and I had to go to the All Stars--it took me 90 minutes :eek:

If I have to run home from the Epcot to the BW is would only take me 25 at the most!!! From MK to BLT , Another 25 minutes at the most.

My favorite is the DVC resort that has:

* The location of BWV
* The points chart of OKW
* The dues and expiration date of BLT
* The room layout of VGC
* The furnishings of SSR

+ Stormalong Bay at BCV! LOL! Then I agree with you!

OKW We love that it is away from the parks for down time but still has touches of disney all around. Relaxing, room to strech out, 3 pools, bike rentals, boat rides, Olivia's, tropical music makes us feel like we vacationing on a island. Outside entrence to your room. No kids running down hallways at all time of the day. Can't beat the points! We have stayed at SSR, BWV (grand villa 2 floors awesome). But keep going back to OKW. We own points at BWV, SSR, and HHI.

Warning
:offtopic: :offtopic: SSR and its status has been beatgen to death, try the search feature and you'll have more info than you want to read.

Size and layout, lack of Disney theming, location to parks, no monorail, size and demand on system, immature landscape, bus service, dining, anything else you can think of it gets a bad rap. There was a guy used to post heavily his opinion about SSR, he was named after an elephant, and he made some good points, but realloy disliked SSR. He and several others blamed it for all the woes of booking and availability and saw it as a signe of DVC kinda losing its magic. He and a couple of SSR opponents have actually come around to see some of the benefits and amenities that the resort has to offer.
They have even elevated it out of the basement in the ratings.
Now back to the thread.
Jim

Warning
:offtopic: :offtopic: SSR and its status has been beatgen to death, try the search feature and you'll have more info than you want to read.

Size and layout, lack of Disney theming, location to parks, no monorail, size and demand on system, immature landscape, bus service, dining, anything else you can think of it gets a bad rap. There was a guy used to post heavily his opinion about SSR, he was named after an elephant, and he made some good points, but realloy disliked SSR. He and several others blamed it for all the woes of booking and availability and saw it as a signe of DVC kinda losing its magic. He and a couple of SSR opponents have actually come around to see some of the benefits and amenities that the resort has to offer.
They have even elevated it out of the basement in the ratings.
Now back to the thread.
Jim

We have stayed at SSR and really liked it, that is why I don't understand why it is so low in the poll.

It is all about location. When I was young we camped at Fort Wilderness sinced WDW first opened. We would always visit CR and PR and ride the monorail. This area stirs up powerful and pleasant childhood memories for me. Being close to the campfire program, Chef Mickey's and immersed in all the Disney Magic is what it is all about. Also, we spend most of our time at the MK and Epcot. We are SSR owners and we love it, but our hearts belong to the MK area. :love: :love: :love:

:thumbsup2 Same here- SSR owner- love it- soon to be BLT owner- love it even more. BLT location and the Ikea like furnitures ...:cool1:

We own at SSR and love staying there too. We have been members almost 2 years .....and we have stayed 3 times. However it doesn't mean we don't want to try other DVC resorts and can have favorites elsewhere. I think for us that it depends on the time of year....where our fave is that particular trip. Like I said before......we are happy to stay at any DVC resort but for now...our fave is BCV yet it doesn't mean we don't also love SSR.

We have been DVC owners for almost 2 years and have only stayed at BWV once and will again in about 2 weeks. We are owners of SSR also. BWV were recomended to us from some very good friends that stay there every year. We love the boardwalk. You have so much to do without even going to the parks. DW also loves Epcot so that makes BWV a great choice. I also like the location of BCV. Maybe we'll stay there in the near future.

We have been DVC owners for almost 2 years and have only stayed at BWV once and will again in about 2 weeks. We are owners of SSR also. BWV were recomended to us from some very good friends that stay there every year. We love the boardwalk. You have so much to do without even going to the parks. DW also loves Epcot so that makes BWV a great choice. I also like the location of BCV. Maybe we'll stay there in the near future.

So....Do you love the resort or that it's close proximity to Epcot?

Easy -- OKW

Largest Rooms , great floorplans , Lowest Point Cost, We always have car most convenient parking, We usually cook and the kitchen is most comfortable for that, we have alot of groceries for a large group most cabinet and fridge space. Full Size Washer and Dryer , Best "quiet" pool at Turtle Pond , doesn't have that "hotel" feel , We spend alot of time on balconies (largest most comfortable). The resort is never overcrowded by "lookers" or guests of other resorts using the restaurant's etc.
Boat to Dwntown Disney , Central Proximity to all areas (Theme parks , DTD, and non disney)

Voted for SSR. Love our home, and would buy there again.

However, I have to say I love the other resorts, too! If I had all the money in the world, I would own points at all if I could. :goodvibes

Well, I had a tough time with this question! My heart said OKW, but I voted AKV. The reason, is that I assumed ONE trip only, and I wouldn't want to miss the savanna etc at AKV. Back when that resort was built, I was hoping it would be DVC, and was VERY disappointed when it wasn't to begin with.

That being said, I LOVE OKW for the lower points, larger spaces, nice tropical decor and light, and the fact that it is so established and rarely has "issues" with check in etc.

I chose BWV. I love, love, love the location. Can walk to both Epcot and HS. Can walk to 3 other hotels (BC, Swan, Dolphin) and eat at their restaurants as well as the BWV restaurants. Entertainment on the BW as well as Jellyrolls and the Dance Club. Lots of fun things to do right at the hotel.

I also love that I can save points by staying in the SV studios at BWV. I can go twice a year with just 100 points using 45 points for 5 nights in the fall and 55 points for 5 nights in winter/spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter