• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Was Your Purchasing Like?

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
My landlady asked me about Disney Vacation Club, and I told her what I know. That isn't much. I understand her reluctance to attend the timeshare seminar as timeshare sales people have terrible reputations for having a take-no-prisoners attitude that no never means no. What was your experience like if you have bought from Disney Vacation Club? What all went on during the session to learn about buying in?

I've been twice- the first time I didn't buy. No pressure at all. Very informative and low key.

The second time I went with my sister. Again, completely laid back and no pressure.

My landlady asked me about Disney Vacation Club, and I told her what I know. That isn't much. I understand her reluctance to attend the timeshare seminar as timeshare sales people have terrible reputations for having a take-no-prisoners attitude that no never means no. What was your experience like if you have bought from Disney Vacation Club? What all went on during the session to learn about buying in?

Well what goes on is that the salesperson is going to try to sell you DVC. But I have to say that it's one of the lowest pressure sales presentations I have ever been to. The local kid trying to sell me Cutco knives was more high pressure. :) At the end of the presentation I told him that I needed a few months to make a decision. He let me go, no problems. :) A few months later, I went with a resale and told my salesperson that. I haven't heard from him since. As long as you can resist pressure to by and you have the ability to say "no, thank you" I don't see much harm in going to a DVC sales presentation.

I'd say you get a good amount of information about how it all works, with a little bit of stretching it (if you know what I mean) involved. Take what you are told, skim through DIS postings, then do the math.

There was one poster on here once that believed he purchased his points for nearly half the going rate, due to how the bundle of points was presented. There are benefits and drawbacks to purchasing direct, and I've read some truly fantastic examples of how both worked for individual families. My best advice, take your time until you (or your landlord) get a good feel for it all, then decide based upon your given circumstances.

Best of luck!! :smokin:

btw- at the presentation you may be offered gestures to accommodate you for your time, such as transporation or FP's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter