• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What type of stroller?

lilmape

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to buy a lightweight stroller for our trip to disney and trips to the local zoo. Don't want to spend over $100 and my kiddo is 3 years old and 40lbs (she's a solid and tall toddler). Suggestions are welcome!

We have a Jeep Cherokee stroller that I love. It's been discontinued but it was manufactured by Kolcraft, who have a version of their own out now. You can find it on Amazon and Walmart for around $50, the same price ours was 3 years ago. Ours has held up wonderfully. We've taken it camping, shopping, to summer camp, on dirt roads and sidewalks, and several day trips to a local amusement park. It folds in half, rather than like an umbrella stroller, and will stand on its own when folded. And, you can really fold it with one hand, and open it with one hand. Here is the one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft-Clou...=1430693493&sr=1-1&keywords=kolcraft+stroller Walmart has blue and red ones for $50.

We also have the First Years Ignite stroller, which has also been discontinued. It was manufactured by TOMY. They had an adorable Minnie one but I was too cheap to get it when I was looking for a second stroller for our other vehicle. The one I got was $35 as an Amazon Warehouse Deal. This one is also nice. It's a bit more compact, but it's heavier than the Jeep one by a few pounds. I need 2 hands and a foot to close it and open it. The basket is harder to access than on the Jeep, and it isn't as easy to push on uneven terrain. On even terrain, I can push and steer with only one hand. It's a great height to push. My husband is 5' 8" and has no trouble, and our 6' tall friend pushed it and commented that it was really comfortable. You may have luck finding one in your local Walmart, as they carried them for a while, and some places online still have some in stock. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them. They were really popular and some have been going on eBay and Amazon for $100+. (Amazon has the Minnie Mouse pattern one for $150! I was too cheap to buy it at $70, so $150 is ridiculous!)

I would check out second hand stores and see if there is something you like. I found cheap strollers harder to push bigger kids in. I like my Perego Pliko P3 that they no longer have with the freedom movement harness. Spent over $100 on it back in 2008 and used it for 4 WDW trips so I got my money's worth over renting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter