What to expect with OKW grand villa

shortypots

DIS Veteran
So we have stayed in AKV Jambo house grand villa and have to say what an experience that was. It was absolutely stunning. Although we were limited on the grand villas we could select since my dad is handicapped so we chose that one. He is not joining us on this trip and we wanted 3 bds but wanted to save on the points since we are going in August.

What should I expect with regards to and OKW grand villa? Do they all start on the ground floor and then have a second floor? Or do some start on the 2nd floor and take part of the 3rd floor? Is there a link with pics of the views? I looked on Dvcnews in the roomfinder and there was only 1 pic in there.

I have requested turtle pond area as I love the quiet pool/bar over there. Any idea what time the bar closes?

Any other tips we should note?

Also, with regards to Checkin, do I actually have to check in at the desk now that I have done online checkin? I gave them my phone number and email address so they can text us when the room is ready, but I wasn't sure if we still needed to check in with the front desk.

Appreciate the help!

I have booked OKW GV's for a week at a time the last several years and have stayed in them over the 2+ decades I've been a member. I can't recall ever staying in a GV there that had a ground floor entrance. We always have 2nd floor entrance and then the 2nd & 3rd bedrooms are up on the 3rd level of the building. I LOVE the GV's at OKW! They are super roomy, really like a big cottage to yourself. We love Turtle Pond area as well but really have not been at all disappointed when our GV was on Miller Road or South Point.

As for what time the bar at Turtle Pond pool closes? Since it is only open seasonally, I do not know. You could call the resort and ask. Have fun!

Most of the OKW GVs start on the second floor and then the two extra bedrooms are on the third floor. Right now I have heard that Turtle Shack is only open 11A to 4P.

There might be only one or two with a ground floor access and they are considered HA.

I saw a pic online of the grand villa view and it definitely looked like a ground floor one. I am fine with one flight of stairs so it shouldn't be a big deal.

When I did a little investigation on the OKW GV's I found there is at least one and possibly two that have their first floor on the ground level. All the rest are floors 2-3.

Hey Kat, were those GV's HA? Just wondering'…...

Yes. And then there's the HA GV in one of the elevator buildings - 62 perhaps? Now that I think about it a little bit more I think there may only be one GV that is on the ground level for the first floor.

There are only two buildings with HA GVs at OKW. Bldg 48 right across from the South Point bus stop, and Bldg 63, one of the elevator buildings. I'm not sure if the GV in 63 is on the first floor or on the second floor. The elevator will not take you to the second floor of the GV, only the first floor. The GV in Bldg 48 would be first floor.

Other buildings with GV are 15, 16, 19 and 22 on Millers Road; 25 and 29 at Peninsular Road; 43 at Turtle Pond; 49, 51 and 53 at South Point. All of these would have the entrance on the second floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter