What To Expect From D23 Expo 2017

What film will get a reveal?

• Total voters
Oh my god, if Lin Manuel Miranda is at the convention, I will envy every single person there! I adore him! Also, I really hope to hear something about the future projects of Epcot. That's my favorite part of D23 coverage, finding out what they have to say about what's up and coming at the parks!
He has to be, he's got too many logs in the Disney fire not to.

They now, two year later, must have that information or that big reveal folks wished they could've gotten instead of the big news they had which was - Star Wars Land, and also a Toy Story Land...and we can't forget, "We're not just building one of these...we're building two!"

Either way, just looking for no stress. I'm not sure if planning a first in a lifetime DL vacation around the D23 Expo is such a good idea. Lots of stress with being in line and getting up VERY early. Hopefully not underwhelming as a DISer above mentioned. :worried:

This is actually exactly what my now fiancée and I did. If you would like, you can PM me and I can share with you the plan of action we took. We went for a couple reasons:

• Never been to Disneyland so we wanted to check it out
  • Disneyland was having their 60th anniversary stuff, so we wanted to check it out
  • Never been to D23 so we wanted to check it out

btw episode VIII come out in december 2018, not next winter. the rumor is that Iger wants Star wars land in DL to be open by then so they can premier it in the park like they did for pirates

Anybody have suggestions as to how much spending money to bring for both parks and expo included?

Really depends on what you want to buy. Does your spending money include food and travel (cabs) or just souviners? There is no way anyone can really say how much you should budget because you can budget $20 a piece and still find something nice to remember to the trip or it can go over and beyond your wildest dreams and budget haha. If it is food too then it will depend on if you are doig quick service, table service, on site, off site, etc.

Anybody have suggestions as to how much spending money to bring for both parks and expo included?

Like everyone else's response, it depends on what you like or what you're looking for. The Expo show floor has tons of vendors with unique merch, art, and collectibles, so there's plenty to buy. In addition, Disney hosts three different shopping areas: The Expo Dream Store (LE expo merch and other collectibles), The Disney Store (first release and LE items), and Mickey's of Glendale (Imagineer exclusives, including LE pins, etc.)

In 2013 I spent a fortune at The Disney Store because I wanted the limited edition doll set. In 2015 I didn't spend anything there, choosing to get a small amount of merch at The Dream Store instead. I also spent a boatload in the parks, but it was mostly for Disneyland 60th merch, which won't be available next year.

In search of some tips!! My girlfriend wants to enjoy the expo for the best of what it can offer, but she hates anythithing Marvel. We were wondering about what to expect for Cosplay? Hoping to not be subjected to what kind of cosplay they have at comic con.

In search of some tips!! My girlfriend wants to enjoy the expo for the best of what it can offer, but she hates anythithing Marvel. We were wondering about what to expect for Cosplay? Hoping to not be subjected to what kind of cosplay they have at comic con.
People dress up from all of Disneys properties. You'll see marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and Disney animation.

Well now that the atrocious news that Toy Story 4 has been moved to 2019 instead of 2018, I can expect to see little to NO footage or coverage of the film at the expo in 2017...Instead I'll see a bunch of Incredibles 2 stuff which I am not as partial to, though I do like to original movie. I just love Toy Story and would love to see something associated. What do you think?

Well now that the atrocious news that Toy Story 4 has been moved to 2019 instead of 2018, I can expect to see little to NO footage or coverage of the film at the expo in 2017...Instead I'll see a bunch of Incredibles 2 stuff which I am not as partial to, though I do like to original movie. I just love Toy Story and would love to see something associated. What do you think?
Doubtful. This is the second delay for toy story, my guess is things aren't going as well as hoped.

Doubtful. This is the second delay for toy story, my guess is things aren't going as well as hoped.

Really...Huh. I wonder what kind of trouble their having. I mean Toy Story is a more rich environment with it's more beloved stories and characters. An Incredible's film I can see moving more quickly as it's more simple. So no possible Toy Story footage at D23?

Really...Huh. I wonder what kind of trouble their having. I mean Toy Story is a more rich environment with it's more beloved stories and characters. An Incredible's film I can see moving more quickly as it's more simple. So no possible Toy Story footage at D23?
I mean maybe but on it. To me toy story 3 ended wonderfully and my guess is they are having a hard time trying to come up with a story that builds off of that and then also ends wonderfully.

I mean maybe but on it. To me toy story 3 ended wonderfully and my guess is they are having a hard time trying to come up with a story that builds off of that and then also ends wonderfully.

Honestly, the last idea I heard was pretty good. Woody and the gang go to find Bo-Peep. I would rather this movie get delayed and done right than rushed and done wrong. Just have to make sure that it doesn't get delayed to the point where the hype builds unrealistic expectations.

Beyond the delayed sequel, they did a big anniversary celebration for "Toy Story" at the Expo last year. So there may not be as much motivation to do something big next year.

Honestly I was more so scared about toy story 4 because it just seems so easy to screw up so I'm happy got pushed back. Not to mention incredibles 2 got pushed forward :D!!!

Spirit over at WDWMagic is saying we could see some major Marvel rides announcements in this D23 for DL

Does anyone know what the meet and greet/autograph part of D23 is like? That's usually my favorite part of conventions.

Does anyone know what the meet and greet/autograph part of D23 is like? That's usually my favorite part of conventions.

It really depends. Some of them are crazy and other times you can pass a table on the show floor and there is no line but some one really really cool there who you may want to meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter