What To Expect From D23 Expo 2017

What film will get a reveal?

• Total voters

Walt's10thOldManZach

Long Time DIS Fan
My fiancé and I are attending the D23 Expo next year. We bought our tickets as soon as they were released in hopes to find charming accommodations at the Majestic Garden's hotel. My question to you is what do you think we will see next year at the event? Hopefully it will not be like Star Wars Celebration this year and not have much news to deliver. Looking forward to some Toy Story 4 reveals and of coarse, the DIS booth!

I'm assuming they may have news about ep 8 because it'll be released later that year. The cast was at last year's Live Film panel on Day 2.

I'm hoping for more park announcements. Even though D23 has been in the past just revealing something major that's always been in the works (new fantasyland, Star Wars, toy story) and everything else that has actually been kind of major outside, with all the rumors popping up recently I'm thinking we might hear a thing or two here, or elsewhere

If it's like last year Friday will be the big animation presentation, Saturday live action and parks, and Sunday gaming.
Animation- They showed clips from Good Dinosaur (scene with the sticks), Zootopia (ice cream shop and DMV) Dory (scene where she arrives at the aquarium), and Moana (baby Moana). They also performed a song from Moana. So I'd assume there'd be some Wreck it Ralph and Coco (they showed some concept last year) clips. They'll probably have more on Gigantic- they played a song (terrible, terrible song) and showed some storyboard work last year.
Live Action- they started with Marvel. Concept art of Dr. Strange, CA:CW trailer. There will probably be some Thor and Black Panther footage, maybe concept art from Infinity War and Ant-man and Wasp? After that was WDS. Clip from Finest Hours (scene where Miriam talks about marrying Bernie), trailers for Pete's Dragons, Alice, Jungle Book. Johnny Depp showed up as Jack Sparrow and they announced more cast, and talked about Queen of Katwe. This is probably the most unknown, as a lot of movies haven't been officially announced for 2018 yet. There's a lot of "Untitled Live Action" listed. But there will maybe be something Mary Poppins? Then Star Wars. They announced Star Wars land at the film panel and had the cast there and that was pretty much it. Soooo I dunno. Star Wars VIII comes out that winter and Han Solo the following year, so there might be more? If you want to attend this panel I'd overnight it. I didn't and I was one of the last people in last year and I only expect it to get more popular/crowded.
Parks- Not particularly full panel last year. They talked about Shanghai and the new HK Iron Man ride. Then Toy Story and Star Wars and new Soarin. Oh, and night time AK. I'd expect maybe more concrete details on Star Wars, Toy Story, and maybe Avatar (when is that supposed to open?). Probably talk about the retheming of ToT at DL. Probably confirm more rumors (Marvel land at DL? GotG at Epcot?) Not sure about international parks, but they'll talk about them, too.
Outside those panels, there will probably be some stuff on Star Wars (there were costumes last year) and Wreck It Ralph might have a section dedicated to it (Zootopia had a bit). I'm hoping there will be some more TV stuff- that's what my BIL works on. I'd expect the Pizza Planet truck to be there again. And that's all I can really guess now.

If it's like last year Friday will be the big animation presentation, Saturday live action and parks, and Sunday gaming.
Animation- They showed clips from Good Dinosaur (scene with the sticks), Zootopia (ice cream shop and DMV) Dory (scene where she arrives at the aquarium), and Moana (baby Moana). They also performed a song from Moana. So I'd assume there'd be some Wreck it Ralph and Coco (they showed some concept last year) clips. They'll probably have more on Gigantic- they played a song (terrible, terrible song) and showed some storyboard work last year.
Live Action- they started with Marvel. Concept art of Dr. Strange, CA:CW trailer. There will probably be some Thor and Black Panther footage, maybe concept art from Infinity War and Ant-man and Wasp? After that was WDS. Clip from Finest Hours (scene where Miriam talks about marrying Bernie), trailers for Pete's Dragons, Alice, Jungle Book. Johnny Depp showed up as Jack Sparrow and they announced more cast, and talked about Queen of Katwe. This is probably the most unknown, as a lot of movies haven't been officially announced for 2018 yet. There's a lot of "Untitled Live Action" listed. But there will maybe be something Mary Poppins? Then Star Wars. They announced Star Wars land at the film panel and had the cast there and that was pretty much it. Soooo I dunno. Star Wars VIII comes out that winter and Han Solo the following year, so there might be more? If you want to attend this panel I'd overnight it. I didn't and I was one of the last people in last year and I only expect it to get more popular/crowded.
Parks- Not particularly full panel last year. They talked about Shanghai and the new HK Iron Man ride. Then Toy Story and Star Wars and new Soarin. Oh, and night time AK. I'd expect maybe more concrete details on Star Wars, Toy Story, and maybe Avatar (when is that supposed to open?). Probably talk about the retheming of ToT at DL. Probably confirm more rumors (Marvel land at DL? GotG at Epcot?) Not sure about international parks, but they'll talk about them, too.
Outside those panels, there will probably be some stuff on Star Wars (there were costumes last year) and Wreck It Ralph might have a section dedicated to it (Zootopia had a bit). I'm hoping there will be some more TV stuff- that's what my BIL works on. I'd expect the Pizza Planet truck to be there again. And that's all I can really guess now.

Very! Informative! :)

Wreck it Ralph 2 and Gigantic from WDAS, maybe some Frozen 2 details. Coco, Cars 3 and Toy Story 4 from Pixar. More Star Wars and Marvel Universe, live-action adaptations from Disney animated classics. As far as theme parks goes, they will probably focus the most on Star Wars land. Possible details from Marvel land in California and maybe some new plans for Epcot. Since Disney Interactive no longer has a panel, it will be interesting to see if they add something else to fill that space.

Come to think of it now that Shanghai is finished could we potentially get more park announcements now that management doesn't have to fear a repeat of euro/Hong Kong opening?

It would've been out for a couple months at that point though
My guess is "BatB" will get the "Frozen Fandemonium" treatment in 2017. They had the Lopezes walk you through most of the songs and had the cast members (sans Idina) there to perform them. It ended up being an unexpected highlight of the Expo for me.

For the record, we were in line at 4 a.m. for live action and had no issues getting in.

My guess is "BatB" will get the "Frozen Fandemonium" treatment in 2017. They had the Lopezes walk you through most of the songs and had the cast members (sans Idina) there to perform them. It ended up being an unexpected highlight of the Expo for me.

For the record, we were in line at 4 a.m. for live action and had no issues getting in.
Which expo was this 13 or 15 though?

...my guess is a lot of promises of spectacular stuff...no need to see anything for yourself...just believe ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter