What to do????

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
Alright, here we go. My wife and I were talking and she agreed that a quick trip to Universal was in the plan for the holiday season. So she thought that if we were going to Grinchmas that we should see the movie with our son so he would better understand it. Well, I just put in the DVD starring Jim Carey and he cried bloody murder. He said he was afraid of the Grinch and that he did not want to see him at Universal. Well, I of course was shocked because he loved the Grinch during the summer at the park and took loads of pics with him. Well here's the problem- He says that the Grinch he met was not the one in the movie. When I looked at the pics from our summer trip, the Grinch in the pictures is the animated Grinch where during Grinchmas he would meet the Grinch from the movie. So we are now wondering, if we should take him to Grinchmas this year or just wait until next.

What would you do? I don't want my 3 year old to fear IOA???? That would just be unbearable.....;)

Well, the whole event does not include him. Grinch's Layer is something you wouldn't want to take him in, but the show is the only other part showing the Grinch. In which case he may be far enough away from the stage to not be freightened or even distinguish that that is the same Grinch which he saw on TV.

Thanks Rocketman! I did not know that. Now when you slide Mt. Crumpit or whatever they call the attraction, do you have to pass by the Grinch?

Spidey,
Did your son watch the whole movie? The Grinch gets much nicer at the the end and it even shows why he turned out so grinchy (the kids teased him in school). It may help him understand why he is so mean.

If that fails - keep him away! Seriously, the more you push it, the more he will resist. You know the kids screaming bloody murder as the parents say "go on, go on, just a quick picture"? I would say, "IOA will still be fun and you don't have to see the Grinch if you don't want to, even though he is just pretending to be grouchy. But Daddy wants to meet the Grinch and maybe have my picture taken". I bet he would be interested enough to watch and maybe change his mind.

I know how disappointed you must be - but Christmas at Universal will still be a blast!

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24
Thanks Rocketman! I did not know that. Now when you slide Mt. Crumpit or whatever they call the attraction, do you have to pass by the Grinch?
No. You'll hear the Grinch (recorded) say things like "GRIIIINCH", "I'm a psycho", and other lines combined with some "grinchy" music, but that's it. No actual Grinch in the area. And if you go on the snow plummet when it's later in the afternoon (around 2p), it's really fun. That's when the ice kinda melts onto itself and refreezes to the point where it's really slick. If you're good, you can get some major banking on the curves.

SpideyHulk--

I would definately still go. I bet your son will love the Whos and all the theming in the Seuss area. I would read the book to him, watch the animated version and perhaps get him a Grinch coloring book. You can let him know about the movie when he is a bit older.

Have a blast! If your travels take you to UO 12/21-12/23 maybe we'll see you there!

Spidey, first watch the old cartoon, then fast foreward the tape to only the end of Carey movie where everyones all lovie dovie. Take all the negativity out of the Grinch and only let him watch the positive aspects. Hang out having some chocolate milk and cookies watching the end and explain to him that the grinch is really a great guy, see. Then, maybe play a little pretend where you let him be the grinch and chase you around. He'll come around. My youngest daughter was scared of the movie before we went and saw it and I explained to her it was all pretend. She covered her eyes in certain parts but wound up loving it. She was about 3 at that time. Either way, go and have fun. If he doesn't want to go near the grinch, its okay, but he'll have a blast with everything else and watching him from afar.

ps, Spidey, if your reading this now or soon, 11:24 eastern standard time, GET BACK TO WORK!!!

Hi Spidey......sounds like your son was quite upset. Just remember that 3 year olds are very impressionable and some experiences can give them bad dreams and night terrors. I think if you go along with what Prince Eric said - taking out all the bad bits and just watching happy nice guy Grinch that should counteract what he saw - at this age they have a short memory span. If he still insists that he doesn't want to see any Grinches - then support his feelings absolutely - after all you are his father and he "trusts" you. I haven't seen the movie so can't comment any more on that......but just go easy on him...you can always see Grinchmas next time. He loves IOA and in a few years will be able to ride with his dad - best to keep it that way.

Prince Eric---LOL!!!!

Everyone-

Thank you for the great ideas!!!! I will definitely consider them. If not there is always next year!!!!!

Thanks again!

Spidey...I was just wondering has your little boy seen the Ghostbuster Show? He would probably like the Christmas one! Flyflys not sure what it will be like - but festive Father Christmas Ghostbusters would probably amuse him alot. Then take him in a happy mood over to the Seuss area......:D

Oh yes, kids love the Ghostbusters Show...and I know your wife will NOT complain MR. SpideyHulk!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Yes. Bet he would love a Ghostbuster suit. He could be a little "orange guy".....ahhhhhhh!

Wow!!!!! Do you think they would let him be in the show???? He could do some Barney songs!!!!! :p

....and you all better clap for him!:p ;)

LOL Spidey!! You never know! :rotfl:

But the Ghostbusters are really nice with kids...take your son to a meet and greet and they'll talk to him and all...a lot of them don't even talk down to the kids...I remember one Ghostbuster talk to a kid who was wearing a shirt for some anime show. The Ghostbuster talked a bit about the show, like he was a regular viewer of it. Whether he really is or not...dunno...but it was cool to see someone not talk down to kids. :)

I have to agree Fly Fly. That is great. The kids are what we parents do it for......ask your parents...they'll know what I mean...:D

A sad pathetic attempt at hijacking a thread about a childs well being and filling it with ghostbuster giberish. For Shame ladies. Anyway, did i mention that Alias is on right now. Can anyone tell me that ladies name that stars in it. I just can't think of it. Hmmm

LOL. No, I'm serious...I remember when a Ghostbuster was talking to a kid about the show...it was neat...but I felt like laughing at the GB for knowing so much about the show. I only hope it was because he has a younger brother or something...;)

I'm asking for the Ghostbusters DVD for Christmas...Selina, I think they should make a remake...you know, 2003-style...hot guys...and I know who'd be PERFECT for the parts....;) ;) ;) :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter