What to do with our single stroller?

princessh

Every woman should feel like a princess!
After going on the three night Wonder cruise we will be spending seven nights at wdw. I hate the stroller rentals at wdw so I will be bring ours from home for ds2. We have a cat 11 room. Will there be any place to put the stroller while we are on board? :confused3 I hate the idea of having the stroller take up space, but do not know what to do. DS really needs the stroller for nap time at wdw. We need to take his larger one, as we have a small umbrella stroller and he can not seem to fall asleep in it. :sad2: Any thoughts? :flower:

You can put it in the tub....under the bed, or in the closet.

I bet the stroller will even be handy on the ship...and on some shore trips. As for where to keep it....I haven't been in any cat. 11's but as for the cabins I have been in...you could always keep it out and handy just inside your stateroom door...or folded between the wall and bed...or it may even fit under your bed if your not planning on using it very much while on the ship....another thought would be to keep it folder...and sitting in the tub while neither are being used (it would be out of the way for the most part). Another idea...if your planning on staying at one of the Disney hotels...some will allow you to leave items (We were going to leave a package for some other disers last year at one of the front desks for a few days prior to their arrival).

Only thing with the stoller and bringing it on board....please don't leave it parked in the hallway when your not using it...it makes it very difficult for others to get through.

On our cruise just ended there was a stroller and a folded wheelchair in the hall for the whole trip. Neither was in the way. The halls were wide enough that even carrying a room service tray past then was not a problem. Maybe it would bother some people but I can't see why.

How small does it fold? I just got a smaller folding umbrella that I can slip under the bed. I had a cat 11 a few years back and I think there are a few places you could stow the stoller if at least has a medium size fold. But if it is a bigger, jogging style fold, I don't think it could really fit. Your best bet would be to bring a fairly narrow one anyway. Depending on the age of your child, a stroller can be wonderful, but there are some tighter areas on the top deck, during character events and on the elevator.

Kissimmee_Family said:
On our cruise just ended there was a stroller and a folded wheelchair in the hall for the whole trip. Neither was in the way. The halls were wide enough that even carrying a room service tray past then was not a problem. Maybe it would bother some people but I can't see why.

I would think in an emergancy situation then things out in the hallways would make it very dangerous. Plus there are people who need to get through on those scooter things and in wheelchairs, the more stuff in the hallways the harder it is for them. First cruise I just stuck the stroller in the closet, second cruise I left it in the car trunk in port and used one of the cruises for the day when I needed one.
But with a child that young you are going to need one unless you want to be stuck in the room with them while they sleep etc...at night when I wanted to go to the deck party I just put my daughter in the stroller, she fell asleep in there and slept through the deck party and anyplace else we went. During the day she would sleep in the stroller through just about anything at nap time and we were not confined to the room at all.

When we cruised with our kids we were in a category 11 and had one of those big sit/stand double carriages. Our youngest was 8 months so we also had the pack n play in the room and we had no trouble storing the carriage in the room too.

we cruised in feb with our then 6 month old and we were in a cat 11...we did not have any trouble storing it...when the pack and play was up it was a little tight but nothing unbearable...we used the stroller ALOT and i would highly encourage you to take it..he sat in his at night at dinner (we had late seating) and we used it alot actually on the ship....hope you have a great trip

I used a stroller on our cruise. I definitely recommend a stroller for the cruise and excursions. There are few things worse than carrying a hot and cranky child around! I have a Maclaren (umbrella style) and was able to fold it and put it in the closet next to the safe. You may want to consider purchasing a new stroller, you can get umbrella style stollers that recline for under $100. I purchased mine with the cruise in mind, it is a narrow stroller, so was easy to navigate around the ship, plus when open, it fit (pretty well) at the end of the counter near the end of the bed. My baby was just 5 months old on the cruise and spend much time in his stroller. I was able to soak up some rays on Deck 10 while he peacefully slept in his shady and comfortable stroller! :sunny:

Kissimmee_Family said:

Sure you can still get by the items parked in the hallway but it is somewhat of a hassle and bothersom to others. Like a previous posted noted....in an emergency situation they could be in the way...and others who are travling down the hall with strollers or w/c or scooters...sure folded may make some diffrence but it is still bothersom...if you packed it along it should be stored in your statroom with your other belongings. Really...what would the diffrence be in leaving a stroller out in the hall because there wasn't enough room in the statroom to keep it and leaving your luggage out there.....because there wasn't enough room to store it???

We are going on a cuise in January our twin DD will just have turned 2. Do you check your stroller with your luggage? Or can you use it while boarding the ship? Has anyone taken a double umbrella stroller on a cruise? Was there space in your room to store it? Can you get around the ship with a double stroller? Or would it be better to take two umbrella strollers? We have never been on a cruise before. Any other advice for travelling with two 2 yr olds would be great! Thanks.

We are going on a cuise in January our twin DD will just have turned 2. Do you check your stroller with your luggage? Or can you use it while boarding the ship? Has anyone taken a double umbrella stroller on a cruise? Was there space in your room to store it? Can you get around the ship with a double stroller? Or would it be better to take two umbrella strollers? We have never been on a cruise before. Any other advice for travelling with two 2 yr olds would be great! Thanks.

I'd take 2 umbrellas (that is what I'm doing, but I don't have twins). It'll be much easier to store and use. Some spaces of the ship are tight. I love strollers and have tried a lot of doubles. The side by sides are probably going to be wide and a tandem would probably be a pain to steer in the tight quarters. I thought about taking my E3 V2 (single that converts to doubles), but I think it would be awkward gettting it in and out of the room.

You can either check the stroller with your luggage or use it while boarding. We've done both.

scrapperjill said:
Only thing with the stoller and bringing it on board....please don't leave it parked in the hallway when your not using it...it makes it very difficult for others to get through.

I totally agree with this. Some people don't realize strollers in the hallway make it difficult for everyone to move around.

Kissimmee_Family said:

Try wheeling your child in his/her stroller through the hallway when there is a folded stroller there. Very difficult to get around especially when there are people coming from the other direction.

Also as someone else stated, it does seem to be a safety hazzard to have a folded stroller in the hallway.

A side by side double stroller would not be a good idea...it would be tough getting an elevator as they are very small and you would most likely take up the whole elevator with the stroller....I agree with above poster about two smaller umbrellas strollers.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter