• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time of year?/

mep319

<font color=green>Go EAGLES! Go FLYERS!<br><font c
I have just become a member of DVC and am very excited w/ our new purchase!! We usually go to Disney Sept/Oct but we are thinking of going in 1/03 and were wondering what people thought of Disney in January? We always loved Sept b/c the crowds were low but the weather is too unpredictable. How are the crowds and the weather? And is BWV easier to book that time of year? Just a question for the veterans of DVC...Thanks:pinkbounc

Philly must be similar to Minneapolis, so go the end of January. We went two years in a row that week, both years had 1/2 day od rain total and it was sunny everyday. It ranged from mid 60's to low 80's which may seem cool to some-tropical to us from minus 20 to around zero. Crowds were very low then-I assume even lower this year. Park hours were kind of short but weekends were longer and with low crowds, you dont need it. Each trip was awesome. GO FOR IT!

First a big WELCOME HOME!!!

I've been at the beginning of February, and the weather has always been wonderful. I would think that a couple of weeks prior to it would work out. Traditionally, January is a slow month at WDW.

We go a lot in January. The beginning can be a bit dicey, but the end is usually wonderful! Not much rain, and not as cool as the begining or in December. Crowds are VERY light, but some attractions might be down for rehab.

Mep--the weather in Jan. can be unpredictable, too. I was there last year (first week) and froze, as did all the flowers. (There was a frost!) The windchill was in the 20's. I wore my coat all week. In other years, it has been beautiful--70's or 80's. You just have to be prepared for warmth and cold. It is a great time of year to go--my favorite! The crowds aren't bad. As for the weather, as long as it doesn't snow, I'm happy! :D

And Welcome Home!

MDMMIN, Yes begining of Jan. can be dicey, but the end is much better.

January is great. Last year the weather was a mix, first few days we swam and wore shorts, next few days we froze and wore coats.
I would go back in January no question. Cold in WDW is still Better then cold in NYC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter