• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time of the year?

DisneyFanatic94

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! I'm 19 and have been to Disney about 8 times with my family. We always went around September-October time and if a couple of my friends and I went again, just some college kids, what would be the best time to go!? When do you usually go?

Since you are in classes from September to early May, my suggestion would be as soon as your classes are out in May. Warm weather and the summer crowds have not arrived. Now that my kids are out of high school, early May will be our new favorite time to go. What a great way to celebrate the end of another semester!

I agree late January is wonderful, but if you are in school that won't work. Right after New Years is pretty good as well. The crowds aren't completely gone, and there are the Marathoners, but it's not bad at all and the weather is usually lovely.

As a 19 year old college kid and family Disney trip vet myself, I like going end of august right before school starts again, it's hot yes but crowds are low and doing shows and indoor rides in the afternoon (or a dip in the pool) can beat the heat easily!

I would pick May...right after you get done with classes. :goodvibes

I would have to agree with the PPs who advocate May. Since you are limited to going during a school break, and Christmas and spring breaks are so incredibly crowded (and more expensive), it makes sense to go as soon as classes end for the summer. Crowds (and rates) are lower. Temps are pleasant. And with any luck the summer humidity won't have set in yet.

I vote for Sept for the low crowds and good deals. Since you have been that time already you are used to the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter