What smells remind you of being in WDW?

KingdomHearts

Married in Disney July 6th, 2006
Just the other day, I was driving around with my bff, and every so often I would swear that I smelled the fresh air smell of Soarin', I couldnt pin point which exact part of the ride, but I knew it was that ride. Also, when I am in my bank it sometimes has this smell of the Rain Forest Cafe. I love it! I always take a big breath and smile, then get sad because I am not there. Am I the only one that does this? What smells reminded you of Disney? Have a magicial day!!!

Every once in a while I'll get a whiff of that stale water smell similar to the smell from all the water rides, the Poly lobby and even the hotel bathrooms. It's not the best smell but it takes me back to my favorite place in the world!

my husbands cologne. every time he uses it, i am instantly taken back to our hotel room!

I have to agree on the water smell. We call it "Disney Water".. so whenever we smell it we look at each other and say "DISNEY WATER!!"

I also have to say that, after my last trip, the smell of Purell Hand Sanitizer makes me think of Disney.

every once in a while the air first thing in the morning will remind me of walking in the early morning around the resort.

I remembered one, Polo spray for men. That is my DH and fathers official "Disney Spray"

I agree with the water smell (I'm told it's the sulfur). Also, we used a watermelon cucumber hand sanitizer the last time we went to Disney so everytime we use it.... Disney.....:cloud9:

Kazzy:hippie:

I also agree with the water smell! Also a particular smell when it is hot outside. The heat always reminds me of Florida! :cool2: I live in Colorado and although it gets hot it never gets hot like Florida hot!

Interestingly enough....shampoos. When our family travels, there is a certain brand we like to use. I don't always use the same brand at home, so the smell of it reminds me of family vacation - mostly at WDW. I also have a bottle of shampoo from the Swan from a few years ago. The smell of it brings me back to a morning at the Swan..getting ready to head to Epcot for the day.

Coconut Lime Body lotion from Bath & Body works, 'cause that's my official Florida lotion. Also funnel cakes because we always get one at Sleepy Hollow in MK

for me it would be walking through the park or down the street and I smell a mixture of popcorn and candy mixed. I guess it is the confection stands.

I know I'm strange.

as a former CM, I have to say that I can't stand the smell of wintergreen - because it reminds me entirely of the Vo-ban they use in the parks (at least, what they used over 10 years ago!) that is essentially wintergreen-scented sawdust. Ick! So, wintergreen reminds me in a very unfortunate way of WDW.
:eek:

Beth, in MI
CR, 8/07

The smell of Purex concentrated liquid laundry detergent, Original Fresh scent, reminds me of Soarin'. Since I do multiple loads of laundry weekly, this is the only detergent I will buy now. I first discovered it when my local grocery store was out of my regular detergent, but I'm totally hooked now.

The smell of gardenias...there are 2 trees at the Poly that I just love and whenever I smell that scent off to the Poly I go. Also the smell of the wood burning fireplace in the lobby of WL, a wonderful welcome home smell.

Honeysuckle.. that was planted all over SSR.. and also at ASMU and oranges from Soarin' ... I go to the market and just sniff tangerines...

I'm so glad i've finally found people who understand me!

Ever since my visit in 2003 i've had a certain hand cream because it reminds me of the smell I encountered the first time I stood in Magic Kingdom - my whole family think i'm strange!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter