• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What sit down restaurant has the worst food in WDW?

Our worst TS meal was at Sci Fi. I so wanted to like this place. The atmosphere is pretty cool, but food was blah and service just so so. We won't be back.

you know, eventually a thread like this will have every single restaurant in wdw on it, there will a big argument over different places, many people will be insulted and the thread will be locked. have fun.

on topic: i've not had any bad food at disney.

I just have to say I read your posts when you and Princess when to Disney with the Mr. Potato Head (which I loved the pictures!!) At that time you had just announced you were pregnant and I read your signature and I see CONGRATULATIONS is in order for the birth of your daughter!! I know I'm late, but I'm so happy for you!!

you know, eventually a thread like this will have every single restaurant in wdw on it, there will a big argument over different places, many people will be insulted and the thread will be locked. have fun.

on topic: i've not had any bad food at disney.

Hear Hear!!!

Maybe it's my blue collar palate ... BUT ... it never fails, I always feel like whatever food I have at WDW (from carts to fancy schmancy) is the BEST version of [whatever] that I have ever had! :thumbsup2

Maybe it's the atmosphere, my mindset or the kool aid :) ...

Dave

Hear Hear!!!

Maybe it's my blue collar palate ... BUT ... it never fails, I always feel like whatever food I have at WDW (from carts to fancy schmancy) is the BEST version of [whatever] that I have ever had! :thumbsup2

Maybe it's the atmosphere, my mindset or the kool aid :) ...

Dave

I'll second that emotion. I have not had a terrible meal....nothing worth mentioning anyway. Maybe my expectations are low to begin with. I actually had great meals at Sci Fi and Shutters! Go figure!

Tony's. Hand's down. It isn't terrible, it is just very average. And they charge a fortune for it. You could go to the Olive Garden and have a much better meal for a lot less dough. After Tony's, I'd go with Sci-Fi. Other than that, there are some places that serve food I don't like (asian food, frou-frou food), but no place that I don't think is worth avoiding because the food is bad.

ETA: Whispering Canyon (at the Wilderness Lodge) is kind of hit-or-miss and my fish-loving freinds/family do not care much for the clambake at Cape May (Beach Club).

Liberty Tree Tavern always gets a bad rap on these boards for serving frozen food, but it isn't like they're plucking feathers off the chicken over at the Crystal Palace. :)

I like LTT and always have. It's a decent meal in an adorable little restaurant.

My family really enjoyed our meal and the VERY cool ambience at Sci-Fi. I had the reuben which was quite good and a very large sandwich. I could only eat half. This is the best themed lunch place in all the parks!

I thought the Breakfastosaurus was a rotten deal with depressing flourescent lighting. They take the 'lack-of-comfort' theme a bit too far at such a high price.

Liberty Tree Tavern always gets a bad rap on these boards for serving frozen food, but it isn't like they're plucking feathers off the chicken over at the Crystal Palace. :)

I like LTT and always have. It's a decent meal in an adorable little restaurant.

OMG too funny! Plucking chickens....:lmao: :rotfl:

Boatwright's for dinner at the POR. We usually give every place a second chance...this place we will NOT.

Ooohhhhh I know why I didn't have such high expectations...I went during free dining......... My first real experience with a wide variety of Disney restaurants. I guess if I had to pay out of pocket....I would be a bit more picky!

We didn't have a bad meal at WDW, but the least favorite was Shutters... but it was still decent :goodvibes

My favorite was Ohana for dinner and my DH loved 50's Prime Time for lunch.

Waiting for someone to declare Victoria and Albert's as having the worst food in all of WDW...:rolleyes1

Well, it was the worst TS food we had in 2007 at WDW. Of course, it was the only TS food we had in 2007 at WDW. We couldn't afford to eat after that.

Worst ever: San Angel Inn. Bad service, lousy food. Just an overall horrible experience. To be honest, we didn't like Jiko a whole lot either.

Oh, my gosh. I have to take up for Restaurant Marrakesh. It's my favorite place to have dinner. The service have always been AWESOME and were especially helpful when a friend of mine had to get a meal with no meat or dairy.

Tangerine Cafe is a pretty good quicky place, too.

Also, San Angel Inn. I've had some excellent servers and some average servers, but never had bad service. And I happen to like the food there a whole lot.

Cantina de San Angel is my very favorite fast food place in all of WDW. Lovely view sitting on the water, too. :thumbsup2

my vote is Liberty Town Tavern..can you say dry and overcooked..it was terrible!

i consider myself lucky. so far we have been fortunate in our resturant experiences and havent had a bad meal. we have been dissapointed with the food in 2 places.

we as a family found the cape may buffett not very good. it wasnt really bad but i had heard so many good reviews that i guess i was expecting it to be better then the buffett at H&V. the dessert section was definitly lacking, the seafood really wasnt as good as i expected it to be. i know i am crazy for thinking H&V is better but if you go for the first dinner serving, i believe its at 3pm, the food is fresh and delicious.

San Angel inn was a beautiful and romantic place for my wife and myself to enjoy a nice dinner but the food was just average at best.

Maybe it was because we just werent having a good day (at Disney?, yes its possible) or because of the CM in training as our waitress, but we HATED Maya Grill. Veggies werent cooked, chicken didnt cut it, service sucked. Cm that was training the newbie had a definite attitude problem, but in her defence, I think she had had enough of the trainee that day, as we did in about 30 mins. She just didnt have what it takes to be a Disney CM. This was 2 years ago, but have never been back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter