What sit down restaurant has the worst food in WDW?

Not in a park but The Grand Floridian Cafe, when the Cinderella buffet was moved there and became a pre-plated meal. I almost threw up on the stairs after my meal there. :sad2:

WOW - I'm surprised about 50's Prime Time. That is our favorite sit-down.
Love the meat loaf and the pot roast.

We have never had a good experience at Sci Fi.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE 50's Primetime! This was the most disgusting food I have ever had in my life!!!! I also hate the tacky way they do everything! It would have been nive if the didnt yell at you all the time. I know thats part of the theme but its way to much. I Also was not that fond of Biergarten. Not as bad as 50's though!

I'll say that we've never had a horrible sit down meal at WDW. We've had a TON of meals that we don't think are worth the price paid - Coral Reef at lunch is one. They're a seafood joint with almost no seafood on the menu! The Sci-Fi menu typically disappoints (other than the shakes - yum!).

See, we both loved our lunch at Coral Reef...and we both had seafood. ;)

It's a tie between:

Chef Mickeys (dinner)
Garden Grill (lunch)

Glad we had FD--I would have really been mad.
CM--$104.00 for 3 persons--DS 11-- not at all worth it!!!
But I do agree that eventually every TS Restaurant will be listed.

On the other hand we had our Best Meal at Tony"s--so you never
know--you can't always base your ADRs on what other think.

50's Prime time...you couldn't pay me to eat there again. Same goes for Biergarten.

Wow, two of my favorite restaurants have been pegged already. This thread will really highlight how tastes (as in taste buds) really do vary from person to person and family to family. I agree with the previous poster -- eventually this thread will probably name every single Disney restaurant.

Personally, I'm not particularly fond of the buffets at Biergarten or Akershus from a perspective of wanting to go back again. Also, I didn't think the menu at Jiko lived up to the hype of being a signature restaurant. (That was more an after-meal question as to "why did this cost us 2 DDP credits when Le Celier and Spoodles only cost 1? We personally felt the food and atmospheres of the 3 were comparible.)

With that said -- I can't say I've ever had a sit-down meal at Disney that I thought was bad, or wasn't able to enjoy. With so many restaurants that we love and a limited number of days each year, though, the ones that were just good or okay fall to the bottom of the repeat list.

My husband loves Biergarten. His family is German. I'm okay with it. I just drink a lot of beer there. ;)

If I had to pick a bad meal I would also choose LTT. We waited in line too and I can't remember why when we could have just grabbed some counter service food that might have been better. Maybe we needed some a/c?

Mama Melrose's...Yuk. Never again. It makes me green thinking of it.

And one that a lot of people rave over...Kona (for dinner). It was probably an "off" night, but it was so bad, I'd hate to go back and chance it again.

Jo

Gosh, we love the Biergarten and eat there several times a year. My dad lived in Germany for a while when he was in the service.

I would have to say the food at Akershus for the Princess lunch was not great. But the food is not why we were there. princess:

Outside the parks, Whispering Canyon is just awful.

Our only semi-negative experience would be Ohana. It wasn't horrible, it just didn't live up to all the hype. Beef was over cooked and kind of tasteless. Everything else was just ok, not great. I might be willing to try it again someday, I don't know.

It's so interesting to see everyone's tastes and how everyone's experiences vary so much. My family and I LOVE Morocco and Akershus. We are not too impressed by San Angel, but that's because the food is really no different than what we'd find at the mall. DH loves Biergarten because he's German. I like it, but it's waaaaay to heavy for lunch, IMO. I think on our last visit, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater had to be our worst meal.

Oh, and my husband and I still fantasize about our meal we had a Jiko a few years ago.

I swear, its like Jekyll and Hyde......

Worst meal EVER - LTT for the character dinner, hands down

But

Favorite place for lunch - LTT with the non-family style lunch menu.

That place goes from fantastic to horrible in the space of a few hours - but I haven't been there since the pound cake reportedly went bye-bye, so I might be finding a new favorite place.

At Epcot - Akershus wasn't to my taste, but neither was 9 Dragons.

This thread just highlights why I don't always use reviews in planning my ADRs. It's always funny to read how someone had there absolutely worse dining experience at your very favorite place. For example, Kona Cafe is one of our absolute favorite places. Others have very different experiences. Sometimes a restaurant has an off night, sometimes your order the wrong meal and sometimes the restaurant just doesn't fit into your personal tastes. My DH hated Boma and I loved it. We can't always even agree in our own house. Sorry for going on though. To answer the question, our least favorite meal was Sci-Fi. I'm not sure if it was really bad or if I was just comparing the burgers to Beaches and Cream, but it is not a place we really want to go back to.

Hmmm.

I notice the OP didn't ask about bad restaurants, specifically. The question is which TS restaurant is the worst...meaning that if I consider one restaurant to be a 9 out of 10, and all others to be a 10 out of 10, then that one 9 out of 10 restaurant qualifies as the "worst."

Given that, the worst TS restaurant we have visited was Le Cellier. The food was too salty, but otherwise average.

Okay Let's see what's been listed so far:

Resorts
1900 Park Fare
Boatwright's
Boma
Chef Mickey's
GF Cafe
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Shutters
WCC

Only about 50 more places to go until we've named them all!
MK
LTT
Crystal Palace
Tony TS

Epcot
Akershus
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Morocco (TS?CS?)
Nine Dragons
San Angel Inn

MGM
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time
Hollywood &Vine
Mama Melrose's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter