What should I do?

Miles04

Earning My Ears
I have 2 rooms reserved at the CR but my parents decided they are not going. Here's my dilemma........ The rooms at the CR only hold 5 people which is great because my family consists of 5 but we were taking my husband's nephew along and he was going to share a room with my parents. We would still like to take him if possible which would make 6 in a room.

My first thought was to just book 2 rooms at a value or one of the moderate resorts but we are booked with the Visa code that has since expired. We can't afford 2 rooms at the CR but we would be willing to switch to 2 rooms at a value or moderate for the same price or a little more.

Is it possible to change my rooms and still get the rate that has expired? Or will I have to try to get the season pass rate and pay the extra money for the season pass? My nephew was never told he was going so he won't be disappointed if we can't make the change. We really want to bring him because his daddy died this year and his mom could never afford to bring him. He's 9.

Any suggestions?

I think it's wonderful that you're thinking of taking your nephew. The rewards you'll receive from seeing him enjoy this magical place will greatly outweigh any inconvenience that changing your plans may bring. Check out a moderate, maybe POFQ or POR and see what they'll quote you. Good luck and bless you for being so kind to your nephew.

I think you should call and explain the situation to the CM. I believe they have been known to "reopen" closed codes. Maybe the CM would have another idea for you.

Also, I think the CR has "junior suites". Maybe they will sleep 6.

Good luck, but I would talk to a CM about options before making any decisions.

When we went last I had us booked at a Value resort with a code. After the code had expired I changed to a Moderate and got to keep my discount.

Thanks for the advice and kind words. Everything worked out. I called and for only $148 more for the whole week I was able to book 2 rooms at the Caribbean Beach (this was the only mod that still had rooms available) using the same code. I was even guarenteed conecting rooms since all of the children are under 18. The CM also changed all of my priority seating to 6 people.

This board rocks!

So glad it all worked out for you....hope you and your family have a great time :D

Disney magic and pixie dust even before your trip! Now you know it will be WONDERFUL!

Have a terrific trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter