• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurants do you regret eating at?

I hate to say it, but Coral Reef. I remember loving my meal there 11 years ago. Went back last summer and was underwhelmed. Went back a few days ago and felt that the food was worse than Applebee's. I regret giving it another chance after the previous unsatisfactory meal, and I won't be going back.

Good thing I read reviews and went with my gut & changed our reservations from here!!!!

BoardWalk Bakery :sad2:

Mushy/soggy bread (tomato mozzarella sandwich), and mediocre croissants.

Sci-Fi.

I ordered the steak salad. The steak was BEYOND well done. It was CHARCOAL. I think they figured because it was dark, I wouldn't see the ash coating.

I have never, in my life, ever seen anything like it.

as people's tastes/perceptions are so different. I love the Wave (both times), Chefs de France (3 times) and can't wait to return to Biergarten (sat with a lovely German couple last time who raved about the authentic food and gave great beer advice. We thanked them by giving them our Soarin' fastpasses. They were leaving in the very early AM and expressed disappointment at not managing to get on Soarin', and heck there was the good beer & all :))

My probably not anytime soon:

Le Cellier - been there several times - good but not worth 2 TS and too much for lunch
Coral Reef - have had good meals here but not last time and the service for several trips has been way too rushed, finally told one waiter to back off (did say it nicely!)
Ohana - food was dropped haphazardly on the table & waiter did so at a dead run so no chance to ask for or about anything and I swore he was gonna kill someone with those skewers!

Truly never again:

Hollywood & Vine - found this place to be just vile - noisy dirty, totally unappetizing. Maybe if parents didn't let their kids behave like animals H & V wouldn't be so bad but until....

My list:

Never agains:

Planet Hollywood. We went there on our honeymoon and it was... not good. :eek: I could get a better burger at MickeyD's honestly.
50's Prime Time. Cold food, microwaved dessert, the only thing that was good about it was the root beer float.
Chef Mickey's. Slow characters, bland food, just ugh.
WCC. My fork was dirty. The waitress acted like it was a hassle to get me a new one. :scared1:
ABC Commissary. :sick:

Would try again under other conditions:
Pecos Bill. Fries were dry. I would try it again though. It wasn't bad, just not great.
Le Cellier. I choked on a piece of steak and got sick on the table. :sad2: I was having a bad IBS attack that trip and normally, that wouldn't happen.

I have only been to Disney World 2 times so I do not have much to go on but Whispering Canyon was awful! I would not eat there again.

I loved Jiko although it took about 2 1/2 hours to get through our meal. (just DH and I) Luckily we were in no hurry.

Our upcoming trip (for 6 adults) we have ADR's at Jiko, Akershus for lunch, Boma for dinner, Citricos and California Grill. I hope they are all ok. Reading threads like these always makes me rethink my whole plan:guilty:

We'll never go back to Chef Mickey's. Messy, dirty, loud. Food not even that bad - but that atmosphere? No thanks. I'll go back to Kona and get some Tonga Toast ;)

Will also probably never go back to Rose & Crown. After a wonderful dinner there on our honeymoon we were deeply disappointed a year later. You just never know. Of course they could have been having an off night - every place does - but there are so many other places to try, why waste the time?

I have only been to Disney World 2 times so I do not have much to go on but Whispering Canyon was awful! I would not eat there again.

I loved Jiko although it took about 2 1/2 hours to get through our meal. (just DH and I) Luckily we were in no hurry.

Our upcoming trip (for 6 adults) we have ADR's at Jiko, Akershus for lunch, Boma for dinner, Citricos and California Grill. I hope they are all ok. Reading threads like these always makes me rethink my whole plan:guilty:

Don't rethink ANYTHING on your list based on what others say!

For what it's worth, we enjoyed Boma - not enough to trek out to AKL to try it again, but it was a good meal. And Cali Grill? Forget about it - it's the one absolute must-do for every trip. The menu only sounds more complex than it is, but I have literally had the best meals of my life there. I HIGHLY recommend the pork tenderloin - best entree ever. :) And the sushi? Forget about it! SO good!!! :cloud9:

Sanaa. We ate here as our first night's dinner on our trip staying at AKL last week. Our sever was pretty bad. She basically handed us our menus and left, whereas she had a long conversation with the table next to us after she gave them their menus about what was good, what she recommended, etc. My BF is big on fish so he ordered the special, Alaskan something-or-other. Said his fish tasted frozen and way more fishy than it should have. He only ate a small amount of it. I ordered the "slow cooked" menu, and got the red curry chicken and beef short ribs. There were only about 5 small pieces of chicken and way too much sauce. Food came out slowly, took a long time to get refills, etc. However, the view of the animals was fantastic. We were right by a window, and had 4 giraffes come within feet of us while we were eating. Probably our only positive.

Nine Dragons...

First time was bad, but I gave it a second chance after a "remodeling" It was worse. Never again! (THere's a reason you can walk in there!)

Tusker House, circa 2006. Everything looked gross, still tried a chicken salad and the chicken looked undercooked and was on the slimy side.

Though it didn't make us sick (didn't eat much of it) it still very easily sets off my gag reflex just thinking about it!

I know it's a completely different place now that supposedly has an awesome breakfast, memories and olefactory recall have prevented me from going back. bleeacchhh.

We didnt like the food at CRT breakfast so we havent been back in years, but I have a feeling when my DS4 finds out you can eat there, he will want to try it out. It was horrible 5 years ago when we went and my DD5 at the time, who has no allergies, spent the whole time sneezing and watery eyes. Cleared up soon after we left there. No clue what it was from!

I am upset to see so many Chef Mickey's on the list. We have that planned for breakfast in December after not being there for a few years.

January this year with DD20 at Via Napoli. We picked our reservations so carefully, and nothing about this meal was a good experience.

Nine Dragons - we had the rice pudding for dessert and it was so bad we considered shoveling it all into my bag because we were embarassed about not eating it!

Flying Fish - Food was mediocre, but the service was terrible. We waited 3 hours for our meals. The manager ended up getting involved, it was ridiculous. I'd never go back there.

Returned from a trip in May, expecting our next trip to be in 2013. Places from this time we'd skip next time:

Les Chefs de France (dinner): French onion soup was very good, steak was only OK, potatoes au gratin were bad, creme brulee was overburnt.

Yak 'n' Yeti counter service: Chicken was overbreaded so it tasted more like American style chicken nuggets in a middling sweet and sour sauce, rather than chinese food. Also not enough shaded seating.

Places that were just OK:

Crystal Palace (breakfast) - pancakes weren't great, waffles were only OK (not as good as a full sized Mickey waffle at POFQ's food court), Pooh's french toast was great.

Studio Catering Co. - Decent sandwiches, but nothing special.

Places we'd eat at again:

Raglan Road (Dinner): My favorite, and the best steak I had in our week. The Guiness reduction/olive oil bread dip is wonderful. Next time, I'll have to do a better job of counting our DDP credits, though; we had to pay this one OOP.

HDDR: Always a good choice, no explanation needed.

Biergarten (Lunch), though next time I'd go with dinner for more meat options. Chicken schnitzel wasn't very good, but sausages, pretzel bread, roasts, and spaetzle made up for it.

Tutto Italia (Dinner), fantastic desserts, good food (I had the veal and liked it, even if they do seem to do a lot of cooking in advance), worth it on DDP.

50s Prime Time Cafe (Dinner) - Smores are great, fried chicken was pretty good, milkshakes are excellent.

Sci-Fi Dine In (lunch) - Burger was very good, and we had a good waitress who put together an order of chili cheese fries for DF despite them not being on the menu.

Pecos Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Cantina de San Angel (CS)

QUOTE]

This is me, I have only been a couple of times. However, I was not impressed with Le Cellier (my husband *loved* it), Beirgarten or Rose and Crown.

I think being from SoCal we are spoiled with authentic food. I was so looking foward to Rose & Crown, as English food is my favorite, however the Pub side is nice, but we didnt eat in there. So not impressed. The Sticky Toffee Pudding was a mess.

However, I dont regret eating there, I just know that there are other TS I prefer.

Next trip, we are going to eat at places we have not before, so we can attempt to eat everywhere at some point.

Akershus:

Maybe we are a picky family,or just the food did not appeal to us,but we just went for luch in 2010, and looks like "Ariel" was way too sassy with my hubby,:scared1:, she was signed my daughter autograph book, and she said something like this (And I quote) "Hey sailor where is your ship"? Seriously!:eek:,I and proceed and told her that I was his "Mermaid" and that we left our ship back in our hometown beach in Puerto Rico..She was hitting to my Army guy!! I kept myself cool:cool2:, and we thank her for the time..After that I just ignored, Not big deal,since my dd8 and D niece were there with us..I caught me by surprise,and I believed that I handle the situation, as better as I could..And the princesses did not expend too much time with the girls,anyway..:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter