What resort do you miss now that you are in DVC?

MulanMom,

Thanks for the quick answer. We still think Dixie Landings has the best food court on Disney property also.:D

EROS - Even though I grew up and live in "Dixie", I have never known any of those other verses except the first and the chorus. Interesting!

We always stayed at Dixie Landings also and loved it. Good thing we bought before they changed the name, it has left a bad taste in my mouth so now I wouldn't stay there.

You know EROS, I agree with you(I'm scaring myself..agreeing with EROS!!!!:eek: ;) ). I always thought there was something more to that name change than just to consolidate opertaions. They could have done that without changing the name.

To get back to the original question though, usually what we do is stya at a regular resort for the weekend when we first arrive, as the point counts for the DVC on the weekends are higher. We move to the DVC for the weekday point counts which are lower. The nice thing about that is that we get to experience the resorts
without breaking the bank!

I don't miss any of them.

We were staying at the Poly when we bought into DVC. Our two DD's shared a queen bed, and our DS had the daybed.

As always, it was "Mom, she stole the blankets, Mom, she touched me, Mom, she's breathing on me..." :rolleyes:

And no one wanted to use the one bathroom after Dad had spent some time in there.;) ;)

I'll take my 2 bedroom unit anytime over a Deluxe resort.

We will miss POFQ and AKL. At least with POFQ we will be right across the street if/when it reopens.

Like several other posters, we don't care to use up our points for Fri/Sat...even though we did figure them in to the number of points we purchased. While we are huge Poly fans, we plan on staying at the various resorts, trying them all out, for a day or two prior to moving "home". I guess we look at this as an adventure, and not a negative. Actually, makes us appreciate home all the more!

LOL dvcreg

That is why I always buy/bring a can of spray bathroom Pot Pourri air freshener.....

:D

I miss the Days Inn in Kissimmee. We use to go there when I was a child back in the 70's. Every 3rd trip the parents forked up the bucks for the Poly or Contemporary back in the day. But for those other trips ah, having breakfast at Denny's and arguing to get as many e-tickets as possible. Those were the days...

LOL!! We go so often that we don't have enough points for all our trips, so we're still paying cash on rooms a lot of the time! Love the AKL, and used to miss the BC, but not anymore :)

Anne

I can't say I miss spending my whole vacation in a hotel room at all.....and I don't miss experiencing other resorts because we are not averse to adding on a night or two to be at some of our favorites. I know we will return to the Poly someday, probably AKL too.....and will probably give all the other resorts we've never tried a shot...the GF, the Contemporary (my dh hasn't stayed there, but I have) and probably PO.

I am very pleased with our DVC....but I don't know that we'll ever have so many points that we won't spend a couple of nights on cash...and if we have that many points we might just use them occasionally at the hotels. That's what I like...DVC really doesn't limit us!

The Poly and the Contemporary...
But as someone else mentioned I sure don't miss the over $2000.00 bill at the end!

As AP holders now I have had one opportunity for a quick cash weekend at the CBR (added on to a business trip), so I am hoping that opportunities like that keep popping up here and there to try some of the other resorts. Our favorite remains the BW, though, so when we go "home" we are in our favorite spot!

And we'll probably make a trip back to the Poly for our 10th anniversary (it is where we honeymooned).

Best Wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter