What resort do you miss now that you are in DVC?

OkieDisney

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We are planning to buy into BCV soon (hopefully an add on at VWL) and absolutely LOVE both resorts.

That being said, I will miss Fort Wilderness cabins. We have stayed in them twice and absolutely love them. We will probably try to stay in them every now and then, just so we won't miss them. While we have never stayed at AKL or GF, these are also two resorts that I hope that we can stay in sometime and might with points.

How about y'all?

My favorite has always been PO-FQ. I had stayed there about 5 different times and will miss it. Of course, I am close by at OKW most of the time.

I personally have not missed any of them. We so enjoy OKW, that we haven't had any desire to stay anywhere else since we purchased. We used to love Wilderness Lodge, but just can't get past the room at OKW and all the DVC amenities. We did stay at AKL one night last month, but looked at it is an experience, and not a vacation.

I sure don't miss checking out and have about a $2000.00 bill. It is so nice to check out, and see $0 for a room rate, now thatI'm a DVC member.....
I know, I know....I still have to pay dues, and the cost of the points, BUT......I don't see that the day I'm checking out and heading home..... Just nice to see $0
Thanks

With the high cost of weekend points we have been staying at one of the other resorts for cash for Fri-Sat night. Our last trip in December we got a great rate at AKL ($169 I think) and this time we are staying at Universal Studios Portofino Bay (front of the line access!). We usually can find a deal on one of the Disney resorts during our trip so it doesn't 'break the bank' for two nights, then we get to relax in a villa for the rest of the week.

Our favorite resort was WL, so we didn't have to "give up" anything when we bought at VWL. We won't miss WL at all! :)

OkieDisney, I sort of "grew up" in the Wilderness Cabins, and while they get some occasional negative press, we always loved 'em.

If you check the point values, they really are not a bad deal as a compromise of going out of the DVC properties. The fact that they sleep six make them a nice gap filler between a studio/1 BR and a 2 BR in the DVC properties, if you've got a party that big.

For instance, a weekday in July would be 30 pts for a 1 BR at VWL or BWV preferred; 22 for a 1 BR at OKW. It'd be 26 points in one of the cabins, and you get housekeeping to boot.

I don't think you've lost anything!:D

As an owner at BWV's I also miss the FW cabins. That was our first time w/ our DD. We are not the "woodsie" type but loved the cabins and the area was perfect for a toddler. Now that she is almost 4 I still dream of the day when we will stay at the cabins again and actually debated on staying there in April instead of "home". Picked the BWV's only cause of SAB. Although we love the BWV's we will definately stay at the cabins again.

We agree with Disneydiane, we don't miss any of them. You really get spoiled with DVC.............and would "NEVER" go back!!!!!!!!
:D

Well we haven't had to miss anything so far. When we decided to go last December our 7/02 trip had already used our points, so we had 3 nights at the Poly. Now this trip we are doing 2 nights there on the weekend to save points so we can have more for a cruise in 2003. That said, in 2003 we may be blowing our wad (point-wise) on the cruise itself, so we will do 3-4 nights at either the Poly or AKL (which we haven't tried yet).
Poly was our first resort and we just love it. But it is true, when we went back to the Poly room it seemed awfully SMALL.
Robin M.
Poly 6/2000
BWV 6/2001
Poly 12/2001
BWV/Poly/VWL 7/2002
???/DCL 7/2003 (I hope, if the points chart ever comes out!)

GRAND FLORIDIAN.......... Great style, perfect location, good-sized rooms:) :) :) :) :) .........

Dixie Landing (yes I know it has a new name).
We love the theming, pool, food court.

However, we also love our home, VWL!!! :cool:

The only resort I would want to stay at outside of DVC is the Grand Floridian. We stayed there on our first WDW trip in 1994 and also with my niece on her first trip in October 99. I love that place, I always feel like I'm living the "rich and famous" life when I enter that lobby. My younger niece is due for her first WDW next year and I'm torn on what to do. With my older niece, we did character breakfasts every morning at the monorail resorts or Cinderellas, so the location was perfect. If I can get a good rate, I may go for it and possibly rent my DVC points to pay for it. No way I would use DVC points for it, it would be 195 points for 5 weeknights in May.

The Contemporary. We stayed twice in the tower on the MK side. My 9 yo daughter keeps asking when we are going back there.

I miss the old Dixie Landings. The foodcourt is still the best on property. We love our DVC and would never go back to the old pay as you stay method, but every now and then we sneak back to Dixie. It will always be Dixie Landings to me. Still don't understand why they changed rthe name.

WDW, perhaps they changed the name for PC reasons:confused: :confused:

I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten,
Look away, look away, look away, Dixie land!
In Dixie land where I was born in,
Early on a frosty mornin',

Chorus:

Then I wish I was in Dixie, hooray! hooray!
In Dixie land I'll take my stand, to live and die in Dixie,
Away, away, away down south in Dixie,
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.

Old Missus marry "Will de Weaber",
Willium was a gay deceaber,
But when he put his arm around her,
He smiled as fierce as a forty pounder.

Chorus

His face was sharp as a butcher's cleaver
But that did not seem to grieve her;
Old missus acted the foolish part,
And died for a man that broke her heart.

Chorus

Now here's a health to the next old missus
And all the gals that want to kiss us;
But if you want to drive away sorrow,
Come and hear this song tomorrow,

Chorus

Dars buckwheat cakes an' injun batter,
Makes you fat or a little fatter,
Den hoe it down and scratch your grabble
To Dixie's land I'm bound to travel,

It has been changed to Port Orleans Riverside. The original Port Orleans is now referred to as Port Orleans French Quarter. I believe the two resorts now share the same lobby for check-in. Of course, POFQ is now closed due to decreased attendance, and should be open again by year-end.

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter