What psychology of mk do you know about?

To me, the most pervasive psychological aspect (and perhaps the most scary) is the strong, almost psychotic customer loyalty that Disneyphiles exhibit about all things Disney.

It goes beyond preference -- it's practically a syndrome... (no pun intended).

Yup. I know I have it hahahaha.

When we took the KTTK tour a couple of years ago, the CM told us the red sidewalks on Main Street were that way for people with depth perception trouble. The red made it easier to see where the road merged into the curbing or the ramping.

Over behind BTMR there is a huge building that is a trash compactor. I mean HUGE! As tall at the ride in front of it. You can see it if you really look for it at the gate that the parade comes out of by BTMR. The building is painted "Go Away Green". Meaning that whenever a person catches sight of it, they immediately look away from it. I swear we never noticed this building until he pointed it out to us & we've been at least 12 times by the time we took the tour. Disney works on all the colors with Kodak to determine the best ones.

These two tidbits always facinated me.

If you are transitioning between Frontierland & Adventureland, the side of the buildings reflect whichever land you are currently in.

When we took the KTTK tour a couple of years ago, the CM told us the red sidewalks on Main Street were that way for people with depth perception trouble. The red made it easier to see where the road merged into the curbing or the ramping.

Over behind BTMR there is a huge building that is a trash compactor. I mean HUGE! As tall at the ride in front of it. You can see it if you really look for it at the gate that the parade comes out of by BTMR. The building is painted "Go Away Green". Meaning that whenever a person catches sight of it, they immediately look away from it. I swear we never noticed this building until he pointed it out to us & we've been at least 12 times by the time we took the tour. Disney works on all the colors with Kodak to determine the best ones.

These two tidbits always facinated me.

Haha yes to the depth perception thing....mine is terrible so it helps me trip slightly less at WDW. :thumbsup2

Go away green = same color that the door of club 33 is at Disneyland. Sooo many people never notice it.

PB080008.jpg

The smell of the popcorn! I don't even like popcorn :confused3, but I swear every single time I walk under the Main Street train station platform I WANT POPCORN!!!! popcorn::

This is intentionally. Walt wanted the entrance to MK to be like coming to the movies. Pardon me if I get any details wrong, I'm trying to remember from my KTTK tour.

From in front of the entrance you cannot see anything inside, just like the closed curtains at the movies (used to be at least). Then as you walk under the tunnels there are "movie posters" highlighting upcoming attractions. The smell of popcorn is of course there just like the movies. They sell it just inside on the left I believe. Finally as you walk down main street the names on the windows serve as the opening credits honoring those who helped make the "film".

popcorn:: Great idea for a thread!!! I'm constantly amazed by Walt Disney, he's in my top 5 list of people to choose from if I could have lunch with anyone dead or alive. He was so far beyond his time, there's simply no one like him. I'm excited to see what else gets posted, I spend hours at times just looking for stuff like this because its just so intriguing!

soo i know this is the wrong park, but at

DL Sleeping beauty's castle is backwards.
The castle was flipped around when Walt decided that he liked it better that way.

The caslte was also originally planned to be Snow White's Castle.
Poor Snow White booted out for a younger princess. :rotfl:

The Castle features a real, working drawbridge, though it's only been lowered twice -- Disneyland Park's opening day, July 17, 1955, and again in 1983 to unveil the newly remodeled Fantasyland.
The draw bridge on the castle really does work. It was used twice: once at the opening ceremonies and once more at the re-opening of fantasyland.

Disney World Cinderella's castle :
If you look closely at Cinderella Castle, there are gargoyles hidden within the construction. They were part of the construction from the beginning

Disney designed the Cinderella Castle at 180 feet tall because he wanted to create a focal point, so in case a guest got lost they would be able to easly find they way back to the front of the park cuting down on confusion and frustration.

Would like to know if this one is true?:confused3

The only name allowed to face Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World is Walt's. This is another reason why the name on the Ice Cream Shop window is his. Another example is the sign over the train station on Main Street.

Would like to know if this one is true?:confused3

The only name allowed to face Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World is Walt's. This is another reason why the name on the Ice Cream Shop window is his. Another example is the sign over the train station on Main Street.

I was not aware that his is the only name allowed to face the castle, my belief was that his window faced the castle so that he could "see over the park" and is located about the ice cream parlor because he really enjoyed ice cream and can now get a snack right downstairs. :littleangel:

OH all the tall attractions are also just 1 ft shy of the point of having to put a blinking light on top for airplanes. ;)

I was not aware that his is the only name allowed to face the castle :littleangel:

I guess this is another thing to look for on our trip! I had read it awhile ago, and forgot to look last time.

Also there are some great ideas for a scavenger hunt here!

I attended a class with Disney University and the instructor told us that Disney worked with Kodak to come up with the red color on the sidewalks down Main Street because it reflects better onto skin and makes everyone's pictures look better.

Holidayland:

Holidayland was a 9-acre (36,000 m2) grassy picnic ground located along the western edge of Disneyland, near the area that is now New Orleans Square, that opened June 16, 1957. Holidayland is often referred to as the "lost" land of Disneyland.
Holidayland closed in 1961 due to its lack of shade, nighttime lighting, restrooms, and alleged lack of Disney "flavor".

The "LOST" land :rotfl2:
This so takes on a whole new meaning now!

It's in DL, but they have multiple locations that smell like sewer:scared1:. No, really, I kid you not it stinks to high heaven of raw sewer. Now that's magical:lmao:

Bathrooms or Fountains???

a few weeks before disneyland open walt had to make a choice between bathrooms or drinking fountains.
The pulmmers union had gone on strike and there was only time to complete one or the other.

Walt said " They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street.":rotfl2: -GENIUS!

It's in DL, but they have multiple locations that smell like sewer:scared1:. No, really, I kid you not it stinks to high heaven of raw sewer. Now that's magical:lmao:

omg i know...the worst during our Feb 2008 trip was in the queue of Pirates..and the line was horrendous, not at all fast moving like it is at WDW..i thought i was gonna pass out :sick:

Bathrooms or Fountains???

a few weeks before disneyland open walt had to make a choice between barthrooms or drinking fountains.
The pulmmers union had gone on strike and there was only time to complete one or the other.

Walt said " They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street.":rotfl2: -GENIUS!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

there are certain locations, like at POC that have stinky spots. it's really obnoxious. seems like they would know about it and wonder why they don't address it, it's really awful.

No Pepsi in Dinsey.

Are you a Pepsi-Cola fan, and wondered why Disney chose Coke as a sponsor over Pepsi? Actually, back during the first two weeks of Walt Disney World's operation, the Pepsi-Cola Co. was in fact the sponsor. On the second weekend of WDW being open, they ran out of soda. So Disney contacted the Pepsi-Cola offices and tried to place an order for more soft drinks to be delivered as soon as possible. Well the person in charge at Pepsi said that because it was the weekend, they wouldn't be able to ship anything until the following Monday.

So then Disney contacted The Coca-Cola Co. The person in charge at Coke gave the same information that due to the weekend, all the truck divers were at home. However, this person decide to go above and beyond what the Pepsi-Cola guy was willing to do. The Coke guy actually called all the drivers at home, and got them to ship all the soda the next day. So after that, Disney signed a multi-million dollar contract with Coke. Needless to say, the guy in charge at Pepsi got fired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter