What psychology of mk do you know about?

Have you ever noticed how few clocks there are at Disney? Take a look next time. It feels as if there is no time. Magical!!

There are no restrooms in Liberty Square because there were no restrooms during the colonial time.

However, law requires the restaurants have restrooms, so the ones at Columbia Harbor House are strategically placed so they are technically in Fantasyland. The Liberty Tree Tavern restrooms technically reside in Adventureland.

When you look at the ground in Liberty Square you'll notice a cobble stone path through the middle. That path represents the "sewage path" that existed during that time frame when people would empty their camber pots into the road.

Also, Liberty Square shutters are all slanted outwards from the window. During this time frame metal was rare so shutters were hung with leather. Over time that leather would stretch and the shutters would tilt away from the windows.

This is so interesting to me. Great thread idea. One question came to mind as I was reading. Is the Castle or the Hub the dead center of Magic Kingdom? Also, IMHO Magic Kingdom is where the magic lives.

As you walk from land to land (hub to land), the music from the previous area very slowly fades and the music from the new area very slowly gets louder. You are never really conscious of the change, but are appropriately immersed in it.

There are no restrooms in Liberty Square because there were no restrooms during the colonial time.

However, law requires the restaurants have restrooms, so the ones at Columbia Harbor House are strategically placed so they are technically in Fantasyland. The Liberty Tree Tavern restrooms technically reside in Adventureland.

When you look at the ground in Liberty Square you'll notice a cobble stone path through the middle. That path represents the "sewage path" that existed during that time frame when people would empty their camber pots into the road.

Also, Liberty Square shutters are all slanted outwards from the window. During this time frame metal was rare so shutters were hung with leather. Over time that leather would stretch and the shutters would tilt away from the windows.

This is VERY interesting!

The smell of the popcorn! I don't even like popcorn :confused3, but I swear every single time I walk under the Main Street train station platform I WANT POPCORN!!!! popcorn::

This is so interesting!

I think I remember reading somewhere that in Epcot (not sure in other parks), that the concrete pathways are a custom made shade of "pink" to make the greenery/plants really pop.

Very cool thread! I've not done any of tours, so I'm really enjoying all this information! Thanks for sharing, everyone!

Subscribing. Sadly, I have nothing to contribute, but reading all of this is making me more excited for my trip. As for the Liberty Square fact, that's really interesting!

Don't they pump smells, like a cookie smell out of the bakery, to entice you in too??

Disney is amazing....

Yes. On my most recent Keys to the Kingdom tour a few weeks back, in the Utilidors, the guide showed us the container and piping, labeled "Main Street Bakery window air". It is the yummy smell you get while walking past the bakery.

Best Thread Ever :cheer2:

They even mess with the animals heads.....

I was speaking with CM in the petting zoo/vet section of Animal Kingdom and I asked how they get all the animals back to their living quarters at the end of the day. He asked if I had a dog. I do. He asked if that dog comes every time he hears the cookie jar open. That sure he does. He said "EXACTLY". He said that each species has there own sound they play over loud speaker that they know to come back to their living quarters area because its feed time. He said it is amazing tho, every day at 5PM, you will be amazed to find most of the animals just waiting at the gate before the sound even goes off. Thought this was pretty cool.

This is so interesting! Really makes me want to do the tour!

I didn't notice this at the fountains when I was there but I read he has the water fountains side by side and the spouts in an agle where parent and child will naturally looking at each other while getting drinks. It was to build a bonding moment.

Love this thread!! We've done the K2TK tour twice we love this kind of stuff so much :love:

Yes. On my most recent Keys to the Kingdom tour a few weeks back, in the Utilidors, the guide showed us the container and piping, labeled "Main Street Bakery window air". It is the yummy smell you get while walking past the bakery.

The funny thing to me is that the baked goods smell is always stronger outside than it is inside thanks to this!

To me, the most pervasive psychological aspect (and perhaps the most scary) is the strong, almost psychotic customer loyalty that Disneyphiles exhibit about all things Disney.

It goes beyond preference -- it's practically a syndrome... (no pun intended).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter