what others rave about and you just dont get it

Figment. I just really don't get the appeal. I find him quite annoying, to be honest.

Carrot Cake Cookie! I'm sorry, but I really hated it. Especially the large bites of actual carrot in it. I RARELY meet a sweet that I don't like :rotfl:, but this would be one.

OTOH, I love the prepackaged carrot cakes that you get everywhere, such as at Cosmic Ray's. Mmmm....That crystally icing with the sugary crunch and NO actual chunks of carrot. I know it's sacrilege, but that's my idea of carrot cake!

Jazzabelle508 said:
Can people please explain why they don't like this ride or how it could be better because I think most people would be flabbergasted (myself included) with hearing so many negative reviews of the ride and not understand where the problem with the ride is. I personally LOVE soarin and think it is totally worth all the hype!!!! If i didn't have a rule against waiting in long lines to ride something when I could just ride single rider or get a fastpass I would wait in the 90 minute waits for soarin because it is that amazing!!!!

Weelll, I for one love soarin' but I suspect it has to do with the way different people process their senses. Probably something in the inner ear/ vestibule. I really "feel" the motion and enjoy it but I actually have similar, but not quite as realistic sensations while sitting in the theatre in France watching the film.

I'm sure it's not unrelated but I cannot watch most video games. I absolutely cannot watch friends do arcade games that simulate skiing, etc. I get very nauseous and dizzy/ weak kneed.

I actually passed out cold once working in the OR watching the video screen and holding the camera while assisting in a laparoscopic surgery. After the first time I knew to take Dramamine if that would be my assignment!

I get severe travel sickness on windy or hilly roads or if I've recently had a migraine. I sometimes get mildly travel sick in 5 minute drives to the grocery.

I'd love to see a study that compares these kind of anecdotal experiences to how well Soarin' is experienced (too little or too much or just right)

Weelll, I for one love soarin' but I suspect it has to do with the way different people process their senses. Probably something in the inner ear/ vestibule. I really "feel" the motion and enjoy it but I actually have similar, but not quite as realistic sensations while sitting in the theatre in France watching the film.

I'm sure it's not unrelated but I cannot watch most video games. I absolutely cannot watch friends do arcade games that simulate skiing, etc. I get very nauseous and dizzy/ weak kneed.

Soarin' can make me a little queasy if I am not sitting in the center section. If I can see the movie and the wall, it throws my equilibrium off. The 'motion' of the movie paired with the non-moving wall screws up my senses. I don't see the the wall when sitting in the center (or towards the center.)

Everyone said I should budget 2 days for Epcot. I'd have died of boredom if I'd spent more than 2 hours there.

That said, I went at night. Maybe it's more enjoyable when the sun is shining?

EPCOT is definitely not my favorite park, but what could you possibly have even done in 2 hours?

To the title of the thread, I don't think I have ever seen a single person rave about this attraction.

I think some folks mistake the term "rave" as having a negative connotation, as in "rant and rave" instead of the intended context ("rave reviews").

the boardwalk. stayed there last weekend on a relative's DVC points so the room was technically free to us. thank goodness we didn't spend any money on it. I was completely unimpressed by the entire Resort. hated the decor in the room. had all kinds of problems checking in. had a toilet that ran constantly even though we ask for it to be fixed. and absolutely hated the fact that just about everything was outside. At a deluxe resort I don't expect to have to go outside to get food or to shop. I also detest the scary clown pool... which we had a perfect view of from the balcony of our room. luckily the pool is closed for refurb (as was the boardwalk bakery).

I just saw a site on Pinterest comparing pros and cons of resorts. When they mentioned BW, I thought they were negligent in not mentioning that the pool would disturb some guests. I would NOT sleep well with that outside my room!

I guess we like almost everything except Finding Nemo in Animal Kingdom. We were in Magic Kingdom Sunday. It was cold and almost no lines during extra magic hours. We walked on Journey of the Little Mermaid but any line over 15 minutes would have made the wait not worth the ride.:cool1:

The turkey legs were a huge disappointment for me. I was so excited to try one, I had it built up in my head as this magical fowl experience. Turns out, wrong homonym :lmao:
:rotfl:
I completely agree! :crazy2:
I'm also not a fan of Duffy. I just. I don't understand him!
Journey into Imagination :confused3
Festival of the Lion King
Kona Coffee (technically not an "Exclusive" disney item)
POR, I much prefer french quarter
Disney's fudge. I can get much better locally, and for cheaper. I'd rather spend my money on a mickey Ice cream :D

That's all that comes to mind right now...

hated the fact that just about everything was outside. At a deluxe resort I don't expect to have to go outside to get food or to shop.

I agree.

That makes them a little Un-deluxe to me!

The only real let down I've had there was Soarin. It's ok, just not as awesome as what everyone had said it would be. It's just a movie you watch while you sit in some moving seats. That said, it is more fun when you're on the top row, just because you're up so high.

Jennasis said:
the boardwalk. stayed there last weekend on a relative's DVC points so the room was technically free to us. thank goodness we didn't spend any money on it. I was completely unimpressed by the entire Resort. hated the decor in the room. had all kinds of problems checking in. had a toilet that ran constantly even though we ask for it to be fixed. and absolutely hated the fact that just about everything was outside. At a deluxe resort I don't expect to have to go outside to get food or to shop. I also detest the scary clown pool... which we had a perfect view of from the balcony of our room. luckily the pool is closed for refurb (as was the boardwalk bakery).

I loved the lobby and rooms, but the worst part of that resort is how difficult it is to actually FIND the pool. Also, I felt odd walking through the upscale lobby with my poolside items. Beautiful resort, but I wouldn't stay there again.

TOT, just don't like it.
Via Napoli, the kid's pizza was watery & the two different pastas we had were without seasoning of any kind, very bland. Maybe it was an off night, but I didn't see the hype.

Staying at the Monorail resorts. I stayed at GF in December and the Monorail was down a portion of every day. Way too expensive for problem transportation!

New Fantasy Land. Can you say boring? I hope when they open more of it I will like it better.

Fantasmic. I saw it once and that was more than enough.

Downtown Disney. Just seems like a crowd of people milling around some stores. It also takes forever to get there and back.

Toy Story Mania. We finally got to ride it yesterday. Got a fastpass first and then rode standby. About a 15 minute wait at 9am. It was fun and amusing, but we weren't particularly impressed. We actually considered giving the FPs away, but gave it another shot. Same impression. Nice, but hardly worth the effort involved. In our opinion it's not worth more than a 15-20 minute wait. Yet we love The Great Movie Ride. Go figure.

Jim

I have seen alot of people say they don't like illuminations and I'm really surprised!!!...I'm just curious about why and what you think would improve it.

Well, as long as you asked...

There's a line from Macbeth: "...full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." That, to me, is Illuminations.

Lots of fire, lots of generically majestic orchestral music, a giant globe that shows fuzzy video of... something... old National Geographic Explorer episodes perhaps... more fire, a few seemingly random fireworks, more majestic orchestral music underscoring more fuzzy video and more fire...

...and all in service of... I just don't know what. I'm a reasonably intelligent, sensitive, well-educated fellow, but I couldn't make heads or tales of what Illuminations was all about.

If it's a celebration of life on Earth (as its subtitle suggests), what's with all the fire? It looks more like a celebration of Dante's Inferno.

The globe is technologically impressive, I guess, but in the end it's a giant, oddly-shaped, and not very sharp video monitor showing rather generic images of nature. (At least 50% of the time I couldn't even be sure what exactly the globe video was showing us, so poor was the resolution.)

I love majestic orchestral music... it's mostly what I listen to, in fact... but I honestly don't know what this music was supposed to be underscoring. It seemed calculated to be generically "inspiring" without being clear about what, exactly, was supposed to inspire me.

I didn't expect or need illuminations to have a story, per se, but I did want it to be cohesive and have a clear theme or thesis or reason for being. In fact, I assume it does have an intended cohesive theme, that it is trying to make a clear statement about... something. Something other than the planet Earth being engulfed in flames.

Unfortunately, for me, whatever that something is gets lost in all the sound and fury, and in the end Illuminations signifies nothing.

As long as you asked.

I can already hear people screaming at their computers..... I just don't get the French toast at Kona. I was there last year and ordered it planning on a simply heavenly experience. Whati got was a thick piece of dry bread with a pitiful amt of something in the middle . I assume that was the banana. On top of everything else...it was Luke warm and tough. Never had tough French toast before, but did that morning. Perhaps I had a bad batch, but I won't go back for that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter