• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what others rave about and you just dont get it

Turkey kegs are sold in Frontierland, river side of park and giant pickles (not exactly giant) sold in small farmers market area in Liberty Square!

Though turkey legs are awful to eat, smell and look at... The pickles are extra cold and cheap!!

I'll clarify a bit. I meant the most direct route from the entrance at the outside of the attraction to the load area/show area. For example, I don't need or want an interactive queue at HM. I want to just walk under the canopy, wait a minute or two for the doors to open, and then start the great attraction experience. I don't feel it adds to my WDW experience to have to weave back and forth through the interactive queue. That couple of minutes waiting for the doors to open was always plenty of time to view the tombstones by the door if I got bored.

I very much like the extra details and theming throughout the parks. In fact, sometimes I'll just spend time wandering through the parks soaking it all in. I don't mind the details walking from POC to HM. I just don't want to be slowed down getting into HM when I arrive.

My feelings exactly.

Themed queue: Great! Helps you to imagine you're in another world! (PotC, etc.)
Interactive queue: Waste of time and money, usually detracts from the experience. (Space Mountain, etc.)

g8torphan said:
I'm sure this one won't go over well:
Staying on site -- such a waste of $ IMO. I want freedom and space on my vacation. Being tied to someone else's transportation just doesn't work for me. And the rooms are tiny. EMH are a joke. Just not my thing I guess.
&
HS
very meh, but I've only been once. Got there around 3pm and still feel like I did it all.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread because I thought I was the only one in the world with this opinion. We always drive to Orlando, so we have access to a car throughout the trip. There are plenty of off-site hotels that are a lot cheaper and nicer than the value resorts. And driving to the parks is so much easier than waiting for busses to the values and moderates. If we could afford to stay in deluxes each time, we would. Until then, I'd rather save the $$ for more trips to Disney World.

I also don't get Festival of the Lion King.

I have loved Duffy since he was first introduced a few years ago. I've always loved teddy bears, and Duffy is so cute and soft. My son got his book for Christmas. I don't get the ending where (spoiler) Minnie starts mass producing the bears. I feel like the book ends like this: "Minnie was smart, so she outsourced production to Bangladesh..."

They don't sell turkey legs in the Magic Kingdom?:confused:

As other posted have pointed out, I meant giant pickles

.. snip ..

I can't make the connection between a turkey leg and cannibalism, so you're on your own there.

It's not WHAT is being eaten to make the connection, but rather HOW it is being eaten.. and maybe I shouldn't have used cannibals.. but referenced Zombies instead.

For me, it's Dole Whips. I love pineapple and was so excited to try it after reading all the rave reviews. So gross! It was a complete *** moment when I tasted it. I dumped most of it in the trash.

Oh no! Say it ain't so. :sad: :)

Ok, mine is that store in Japan. It's a bunch of Anime junk, clothes no one would wear, and snacks made from lots of nasty things. Yet, my DW and DD's spend hours in there. And don't even get me started on Pick a Pearl, an oyster tank and people yelling and banging on drums for some reason, aye yi yi let me out of here :scared:

'Ohana. To me there is such a thing as too much meat! And just when you think you might conquer the heap on your plate, they bring more meat. Those guys with the skewers just kept popping up and seemed confused when I said "please, no more!"

The great part of this is that no one, and I mean no one, *has* to even eat any meat. *But* the ones that love one, or all of them, can have all they want. At least, to me, the servers have always been very attentive, and considerate. Some have posted on other threads that they never came around. :confused3 Wasn't our experience. :goodvibes

Disney dining plan. Unless it is free we just cannot get it to add up. Plus we don't want to dine in Disney all the time. Like to eat in places outside like red lobster, olive garden etc as well as disney.

HBD's Grapefruit Cake. :crazy2:

I am with you on this one. I was completely underwhelmed by that entire meal. Absolutely nothing about it felt like it should be worth 2TS credits.

I also was not a Dole Whip fan. I can see how this happens though. Something gets so much attention that when you finally do get to try it, it can't possibly live up to the hype.

And don't even get me started on Pick a Pearl, an oyster tank and people yelling and banging on drums for some reason, aye yi yi let me out of here :scared:

I just had to :rotfl::rotfl2: at your comment about pick a pearl. It's been a tradition where my girls always get a new pearl when we go but I just can't stand the yelling and banging and more so the people standing around to watch. That being said, we've go a nice colection of colorful pearls at home.

I too don't get the dole whip and turkey leg. :crazy2: Just the smell of the turkey turns my stomach

grafefruit cake is another one that I didn't like at all and all the icing on the cupcakes @ Staring roll or something like that.

50sPT- I just don't want to be messed with while I eat, just my opinion.
Spaceship Earth- I know :o It's crazy! But I just don't like it.
Animal Kingdom
and
Mainly- PARADES.
I just don't understand why people wait around for them to see 10 seconds of a character going by on a float. I take this time to ride attractions or shop.

siskaren said:
I'm curious what you expected it to be. I've never seen it described as anything other than shops and restaurants.

I guess I expected it to be more of an experience. Many cities have outdoor dining and shopping areas but there are neat little pockets of entertainment that make it enjoyable; a talented guy singing with an acoustic guitar, the street kids who perform a break dance routine, a fountain that is choreographed to music. Something less contrived and grand than the parks, more bohemian if you will (except for a choreographed fountain - that's pretty contrived ;))

I guess I expected it to be more of an experience. Many cities have outdoor dining and shopping areas but there are neat little pockets of entertainment that make it enjoyable; a talented guy singing with a acoustic guitar, the street kids who perform a break dance routine, a fountain that is choreographed to music. Something less contrived than the parks, more bohemian if you will.

I don't care for DTD myself but in it's defense it used to be a bit more with all the clubs. It seems like they're slowly reviving it with Splitsville and tentative plans for other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter