• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what others rave about and you just dont get it

Not an exaggeration....maybe not worded correctly. They look "wet" and slimey to me, and people are pulling the meat off in strips...ugghh, I dont have great words to describe it (sorry).
I agree that everything is not for everyone, but I thought that is what this thread was for...to tell what one person does not "get" that everyone likes. Hence the reason I posted the yucky looking turkey legs;) And nope, I will never try one...cant get past the "look" of them:)

*Peace* LOL. After thinking about it, guess some people that go around gnawing on them can make them look a little gross :sick:. We usually find a place to sit and use a knife for most of it. People aren't looking at us in disgust, so I guess we don't make it look too bad. ;)

And, you're absolutely right, this thread is all about what an *individual* doesn't like :goodvibes

Mickey waffles.
All the ones I've ever eaten have been dry, and they're so small!

Ditto, dont get it apart from the fact its shaped like a mickey head, oohh I thought of something else, this may cause flames Mickey bar, in the UK we have magnums and they are much nicer, once again me thinks its the shape that causes the fuss....sorry

Totally Overrated:

Soarin..I was glad I had a FP for this ride, otherwise I would have been really upset waiting so long for such a big let down. It was a snoozefest.

Hollywood Brown Derby - worst disney food I have ever had (except for the cobb salad which people rave about, that was the only part of my meal I really liked).

Journey of the Little Mermaid - The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite Disney movie and I was very dissapointed with this ride. You could see the bars that hold up the anamatronics, the "under the sea" section could have been so much better, and its too bright on the ride in gerneral and its supposed to be a "dark ride".

Peter Pan's flight...I am still in awe of why the wait times for this ride are sooo long. The only thing I can come up with is that people who are there with very young children have less ride options than others and this ride has no height requirement.

--one thing that people rave about which is incredible--the carrot cake cookie @ the writers stop @HS!!! YUMMM:dance3:

:)
The great part of this is that no one, and I mean no one, *has* to even eat any meat. *But* the ones that love one, or all of them, can have all they want. At least, to me, the servers have always been very attentive, and considerate. Some have posted on other threads that they never came around. :confused3 Wasn't our experience. :goodvibes

Nor mine, LOL! I'm not a big meat eater so it was simply the wrong restaurant for me. I would have enjoyed tasting a little bit of each meat course, but I was a newbie and didn't know what had signed on for. So I filled up on whatever it was that arrived first, nibbled the second item and then I was done. And then it just kept coming! The servers were *very* attentive. But I envied my daughter's vegetarian meal and would probably order that if we went there again. But we won't because it just wasn't our cuppa tea. :)

Turkey leg - DH and I bought one, we each took a bite and tossed it in the nearest garbage can...yuck...didn't like the flavor or texture.

Dining plan/free dining - we used to like Disney food but I think it has gone down hill since they started this. Also, I hate the idea of being tied down to eating to "get my moneys worth" and to ADR's, depending on what plan you get.

IllumiNations

I don't get waiting in a long line for Soarin or Toy Story Mania - I like both but would rather skip them then wait in a long line.

Peter Pan's flight...I am still in awe of why the wait times for this ride are sooo long. The only thing I can come up with is that people who are there with very young children have less ride options than others and this ride has no height requirement.

In defense of Peter Pan, it is not a "people-eater" like other rides - its capacity is very, very low compared to most others. Think about how slowly it moves once you're inside the show, that there is only one seat and at most three people can fit in one ship, and then remember that the ships are kept at some distance apart - they don't buzz through there within inches of each other like the cars in omnimover-type dark rides.

So the number of bodies that can experience Peter Pan in a given period of time is much smaller than its neighbors like small world (where the boats are slow but have a huge per-boat seating capacity), Pooh (where the cars each have two rows so double the capacity and are dispatched closer together and move faster through the ride), and Haunted Mansion (where the doombuggies are similarly sized but very close together).

I kind of get the lines on this one, it is a classic and quinessential Disney attraction, but just not able to handle the volume to keep up in today's attendance levels. I am not really sure the lines here are due to hype so much as design. I don't know many folks who emphatically state that Peter Pan's Flight is an absolute must-do along the lines of Soarin or Toy Story Mania.

Refillable Mugs...especially for those on the DDP. You already get your beverage with you meal, so when, excatly are you supposed to use them? I'm certainly not going to fill it before (or when I return) to/from a park and carry the thing all day. I supposed for those not on DDP, its a good deal if you drink a lot of soda, but it seems like a lot of hassel to lug it around and all that walking to your resort food court just to get a drink.

In defense of Peter Pan, it is not a "people-eater" like other rides - its capacity is very, very low compared to most others. Think about how slowly it moves once you're inside the show, that there is only one seat and at most three people can fit in one ship, and then remember that the ships are kept at some distance apart - they don't buzz through there within inches of each other like the cars in omnimover-type dark rides.

So the number of bodies that can experience Peter Pan in a given period of time is much smaller than its neighbors like small world (where the boats are slow but have a huge per-boat seating capacity), Pooh (where the cars each have two rows so double the capacity and are dispatched closer together and move faster through the ride), and Haunted Mansion (where the doombuggies are similarly sized but very close together).

I kind of get the lines on this one, it is a classic and quinessential Disney attraction, but just not able to handle the volume to keep up in today's attendance levels. I am not really sure the lines here are due to hype so much as design. I don't know many folks who emphatically state that Peter Pan's Flight is an absolute must-do along the lines of Soarin or Toy Story Mania.

I agree about why the lines for Peter Pan are really so long. But, it's a must do for DH & I (empty nesters). It brings out the *kid* in us like no other ride.

Peter Pan - A true classic!! :thumbsup2

We *always* get FP's for this ride though.

Safari Queen said:
I'm so grateful that people's "must do" things vary so much. Otherwise, it would be so much harder to do the things you love!

I was thinking this the whole time I was reading this thread! Can you imagine how crowded things would be if everyone loved all of them???

As for me, my "I don't get it" is 'Ohana. Maybe it was an off night for them but it was the worst meal I've paid for anywhere ever. I keep thinking I'll try again sometime but there are so many other places I love that I can't justify taking the chance.

Refillable Mugs...especially for those on the DDP. You already get your beverage with you meal, so when, excatly are you supposed to use them? I'm certainly not going to fill it before (or when I return) to/from a park and carry the thing all day. I supposed for those not on DDP, its a good deal if you drink a lot of soda, but it seems like a lot of hassel to lug it around and all that walking to your resort food court just to get a drink.

I think you are so right about the mugs with DDP. I also think that's part of the reason they include them (included in you DP price also ;)) Also, cuts way down on people using them (old ones) every trip, as they *have* to get new ones if they have the DDP. :rolleyes1

We don't ever get the DDP, but I do enjoy *one* new mug each time they come out. Hardly use them there, as we are not soda drinkers, prefer water.
I just like having them. :confused3

Ditto, dont get it apart from the fact its shaped like a mickey head, oohh I thought of something else, this may cause flames Mickey bar, in the UK we have magnums and they are much nicer, once again me thinks its the shape that causes the fuss....sorry

We have a Magnum ice cream bar here too.. they are AWESOME.. my problem with the Mickey Bars is that they are frozen SO hard they're nearly impossible to eat. If you manage to take a bite, without breaking your teeth, the chocolate coating cracks into a million pieces and ends up on the sidewalk.

I also do not get the turkey legs, it just looks gross. Soarin' just because it's so boring. Hall of Presidents, The Great Movie Ride, Coke; I just prefer Pepsi. I'm not much on Epcot, I like Spaceship thing and the Soda Place. Rainforest Cafe. Any seafood restaurant. Duffy. Toy Story Mania. :headache: I don't know how you guys don't like dole whips. Any value resort.

Turkey leg, definately. Looked good, got one....ewwww. Threw it away.

Akershus- worst food ever

Kilimanjaro Safari- Didnt see any animals and way more bumpy of a ride than I expected.

The Great Movie Ride. Needs updating AND NOW! I like Dole Whip Floats but not the Dole Whip on it's own. Don't understand the popularity of Zebra Domes or the Oreo Bonbons (formerly at Cape May). Le Cellier (overpriced and nothing special) and Illuminations (change it already!!!)

I guess I expected it to be more of an experience. Many cities have outdoor dining and shopping areas but there are neat little pockets of entertainment that make it enjoyable; a talented guy singing with an acoustic guitar, the street kids who perform a break dance routine, a fountain that is choreographed to music. Something less contrived and grand than the parks, more bohemian if you will (except for a choreographed fountain - that's pretty contrived ;))

Go at night. Last time we were there we encountered living statues, bands/combos/lone guitar players, a major hula hoop contest and an awesome guy who played a didgeridoo! :thumbsup2 Not sure you can get more bohemian than that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter