what others rave about and you just dont get it

I assume that's at least part of the reason why people like it.

Probably for those that like it... Just not for me I guess. Corny is fun at times, but I just don't think it's a great ride. Love that john Lasseter is a jungle Cruise alum though.... Guess it gets a few cool points for that though lol

Nakkira said:
Because you can often get those pins for FAR cheaper in the packages or Ebay purchases. So you may end up paying less that $30 for those 10 pins instead of $90.

Then (if you Like that sort of thing) it turns into a fun "scavenger hunt" to find pins you like better and trade for them. Some people find quests fun!

But if you have the money and would just want to get what you want and be done with it, without "playing" then just purchasing them makes more sense.

Also CM sometimes have cast exclusive pins.

My biggest let down was the wishes dessert party. We had to stand for a while and squeeze in for the what I thought was preferred viewing. Should be fewer reservations if there's not a spot on the rail for everyone. Oh and the desserts left me sick at my stomach!

I completely agree! I surprised my daughter with the Dessert Party, and was not impressed. The desserts were similar to what you could get at any buffet, and they really should warn you ahead of time that as soon as the lights go down to run to a spot at the rail. We had a perfect seat for viewing, but didn't know that you could stand at the railing to watch. Had we known, I'm sure my daughter would've just waited there the entire time! Oh, and I was very upset when the fireworks were over and I turned around and our treats and drinks were gone! I was thirsty and looking forward to my tasty ice water! UGH!!! Waste of money!!!

Fantasmic! was a total bummer for me! We got the preferred seating reservation at Mama Melrose's. That was nice, because we didn't have to wait in line two hours ahead of time. That was the only perk. Maybe I was irritated because we were there on a chilly night in December, and they don't warn you that you'll get wet. I had someone tell me before our trip that we absolutely had to try Fantasmic! It was his favorite thing ever to do at Disney World. I was so excited, and left so annoyed (and wet!) The spraying screens are probably nice in the summer, but I was cold before we sat down, and to have an almost constant spray of water on your entire body for however long the show is, I was not impressed. Maybe I'll try it again when we go back in August, and get a better seat (I was also disappointed in the reserved seating area - to the left of center). We shall see...:scratchin

Maybe I was irritated because we were there on a chilly night in December, and they don't warn you that you'll get wet.

You must've been sitting very close if you got wet. I've never gotten wet at Fantasmic, although I thought there were signs warning that you could get wet in the first few rows. (I haven't been to WDW in a few years though, so I may be wrong about that.)

Add me to the Dole whip list. Juice was warm and I kept thinking "this is what everyone on the Dis loves?" plus:
~The rice crispie treats. They used to be so yummy with the inch thick chocolate on it, not anymore. It doesn't even taste like marshmallow, just corn syrup.
~The turkey legs
~ The Land boat ride
~the peanut butter and chocolate cupcake at Starring Rolls

Great Movie Ride. I wanted to pull the fire alarm to escape. Never again.

Now a nice cold Dole Whip....I'm all over that. ;). Never gotten one where the juice was warm....split four ways, ours never last long!

Okay, I'll admit it. I don't really see what's so great about Dole Whips...maybe the pineapple floats are better? I was just expecting something else, I guess.

Also "Oh, Canada!" In Circle Vision...yeah. My DBF made me go on our last trip and I was so underwhelmed and thought it was the biggest waste of time :(

I love Disney, however I'll add my own two cents:

Duffy Bear: I get why some can like him, but I just don't see any appeal in the little guy.

Illuminations: I just didn't like the show when I saw it. I adore Wishes with all my heart but will not sit through Illuminations. Unless you're standing by the rail at the lagoon early on you can't even see the show anyway.

Hollywood Studios: I just couldn't find anything fun to do here. I got some shopping done, but it just isn't a fun park for me. I'm not a huge thrill seeker, so that may be why, but I ended up sitting on a concrete block for the whole time my group was there and I listened to that High School Musical show three times.

Other than those three things, Disney really is great!

Contrary to popular opinion, Via Napoli. I was so looking forward to trying the pizza there on our first trip three-and-a-half weeks ago, but my calamari was rubbery, and all the toppings on our pizza slid off in the first bite and the crust was too chewy. What a disappointment. I also thought the sauce tasted like grocery store jarred sauce.

Sounds like Via Napoli, and Tony's get their sauce from the same jar.:rotfl2:

1000HappyWishes said:
I love Disney, however I'll add my own two cents:

Duffy Bear: I get why some can like him, but I just don't see any appeal in the little guy.

Illuminations: I just didn't like the show when I saw it. I adore Wishes with all my heart but will not sit through Illuminations. Unless you're standing by the rail at the lagoon early on you can't even see the show anyway.

Hollywood Studios: I just couldn't find anything fun to do here. I got some shopping done, but it just isn't a fun park for me. I'm not a huge thrill seeker, so that may be why, but I ended up sitting on a concrete block for the whole time my group was there and I listened to that High School Musical show three times.

Other than those three things, Disney really is great!

Amen! Where in the heck did they pull duffy bear out of?

There are some things that aren't my cup of tea (lines for Dumbo), but what I truly can't stand that others rave about:...
[*]Dining Plans are a waste of money--even if free-- (and resorts are quickly catching up to just not being worth it for what Disney charges)...
[/LIST]

Could not agree more. What the DDP has done to the overall quality of food and dining experience many will never realize!? And agree with resorts comment too!

Wow, there's lots of things to do there even if you don't like thrill rides (and even then, the only thrill rides are Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Star Tours.) There's the Great Movie Ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Magic of Disney Animation (where you can learn how to draw a Disney character), Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, Toy Story Midway Mania, Muppet Vision 3D, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show, the Beauty and the Beast show, and Fantasmic!

I have a few...keep in mind I love almost everything else about the parks, but these are just a few I could think of:
- Rock n Roller Coaster. I do like this ride, but by no means do I think it is the best in the park. I much prefer ToT. It's fun, but super short and I wouldn't want to wait more than about 30 minutes for it at most.
- Lights Motor Action is literally a huge waste of time and space. I'm not sure if this counts because I don't hear many people "rave" about it, but it's not a favorite by any stretch.
- Beauty and the Beast on stage. Everyone I know raved about this show and said that I as a theatre person simply HAD to go see it. Well, I did.....and I was so appalled by Belle's singing voice I nearly walked out. I've seen it one time and it was enough for me.
- new Test Track. I was really let down when I went on the new one. The design-your-car process takes too long and usually doesn't work anyway, and it just feels like I'm on a ride version of TRON. It was fine before, why mess with it?
- Pin trading. I tried, I really, really tried to understand. But I just don't get the appeal! This also goes for....
- Vinylmations. I don't get it. I don't know if I could make myself buy something not knowing what it was until I've already spent money on it. I also don't like buying things that just "sit around" and I feel like that's what my vinylmations would do if I had them.
- Duffy Bear - I don't?????? understand???????????? who are you???????

lol this turned into me just listing things I don't understand
of course, all the best to you if you enjoy any of these things. maybe I'm the crazy one for not doing so ;)

TOTALLY agree about Lights, Motor, Action. I guess I could understand how some people who are into cars like it but DEFINITELY such a waste of time for me! Vinylmations...I don't get it either! And Duffy Bear is just odd.

I also don't get Fantasmic...the huge long line for Fantasmic starting 2 hours before the show just confuses me.

Turkey legs make me gag just looking at them.

I've never understood why many prefer Disney's magical express and Disney transportation over renting a car (outside of saving $). Renting a car in Orlando is affordable and easy and driving around WDW is much quicker.

Okay, I'll admit it. I don't really see what's so great about Dole Whips...maybe the pineapple floats are better? I was just expecting something else, I guess.

Also "Oh, Canada!" In Circle Vision...yeah. My DBF made me go on our last trip and I was so underwhelmed and thought it was the biggest waste of time :(

I have hated "Oh, Canada!" ever since the first time I was forced on it as a kid. I have always said that I would never force my kid on that. I also don't do Hall of Presidents.

I've never understood why many prefer Disney's magical express and Disney transportation over renting a car (outside of saving $). Renting a car in Orlando is affordable and easy and driving around WDW is much quicker.

This depends, though, on the size of your party (thus, size & cost of rental vehicle) and time of year. During high crowd times, you can spend a lot of time stopped in traffic, which is an easy place for me to lose my patience.

Illuminations....a few parts of it are exciting but most of it is very boring. I don't understand why people rave about it.

Yes this. I never stayed for it but did this last trip last week because of the good reviews and was hugely disappointed. Very boring.

Well, for me, saving money is a pretty big reason. ;) But there's also the fact that I always go solo, and I don't like driving unfamilar roads, especially by myself. (It's not a safety issue; it's just that I have to watch the road as well as watch for the signs that tell me where I need to go.) Also, I like to stay at the parks until they close, which means I might be kind of tired, which definitely is not a good mix with driving. And with Magical Express there's the added perk of not having to wait for my luggage at baggage claim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter