what others rave about and you just dont get it

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by peanut1967, Feb 10, 2013.

1. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

How long ago was that, though? They changed the movie in 2007 so that it now features Martin Short. I actually saw it twice in one trip that year, which I'd never done before.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. capegirl

capegirl DIS Veteran

Agreed. The first time I saw 'Oh, Canada' was my last. I always felt Circle Vision was a bad idea in this park. You've just walked miles around the vastness of Epcot, and then you must stand, and watch this film... REALLY?

4. troll buster

troll buster Mouseketeer

Agree!

5. catwalk82

catwalk82 Earning My Ears

I've seen it once since then. Still not my cup of tea. Although, in all fairness, I'm sure there are thing I love that others hate, also:)

6. DisneyDorx

DisneyDorx Welcome to the Dork Side!!!

Not for nothin' but The Bears in the Jamboree should be destroyed! OMG it is BRUTAL! But we always go see it!!

7. GeneralTso

GeneralTso DIS Veteran

School Bread from Norway in Epcot.
    It is dry, except for the custard in the middle.

Keep walking to France, then have at it :goodvibes

8. KristenRB

KristenRB Mouseketeer

Yes!!! Thank you!!! Haha :) I was so mad we wasted valuable Epcot time trapped inside a musty old room getting dizzy from
    The 360 degree theater. Def thumbs down! Only good thing is it leads you right out to Le Cellier lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9. KristenRB

KristenRB Mouseketeer

Haha, seriously! It's in such a cool place, too. Not the dark moldy theater, but the fountain! It could be made into something so much better :/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. cjnix29

cjnix29 DIS Veteran

amen!

11. kimysbug

kimysbug DIS Veteran

Dining plan

The Plaza restaurant

12. WDW in Pearls

WDW in Pearls Monograms and Minnie Ears

California Grill. The food quality is poor and the tables are so close together. The acoustics of the room make having a conversation, let alone ordering food, impossible. I don't mind paying for a signature if the atmosphere is relaxing and the food is good, but wow, what a disappointment!

13. IslandAdventure4

IslandAdventure4 Salt Life Livin

Ditto :confused3

14. MrsH42608

MrsH42608 Mouseketeer

Dole Whips- if there's no chocolate I just don't have the time.
    TSMM- I adore Toy Story, but my favorite part of this attraction is the line (not the waiting, obviously just the decor)
    LeCellier- its just OK for me

15. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

When I'm on vacation I don't want to drive. We never rent a car in Disney and have never had an issue.

16. WDW in Pearls

Same. I hate driving places I'm unfamiliar with. I can see how people would enjoy the freedom that comes with a rented car, but it's nothing but additional stress for me.

17. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

On the opposite end of the spectrum...I don't understand why people rent cars when it's not neccessary.

People rave about being able to drive themselves in unfamiliar territory, being able to get into a hot roasting car that has been sitting in the parking lot all day, having to shuttle from the parking lot to the park/resort entrance, instead of being dropped off right out front...

No thank you. I don't mind Disney transportation and for the extra 20 - 30 minutes that might be saved by renting a car, I'd rather not. I'm on vacation, not in a race. It's ok to take time to smell the roses...

But, again, different strokes for different folks. We all do things differently...makes the world go 'round...::yes::

18. WDW in Pearls

I think most can agree with me on this...not sure what its called, but those stupid videos in line queues. If the park is dead and I want to go on a ride several times, do I really need to listen to Aerosmith babble?

19. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. One of the things that sets WDW apart is that the rides are more than just rides... they tell a story (even the roller coasters). Sure, those of us who have ridden them a million times know the script by heart, but without them the rides would be just generic rides.

20. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Agreed! I have actually been during dead times when they just keep the doors open to the next room without making you stay for the video and I get sad.

I love hearing Phylicia Rashad (sp?) say "That's propietary" on Dinosaur, and my DD9 knows the whole Aerosmith spiel by heart, as do DH and I. That's part of the experience. ::yes::

21. Howgreat

Howgreat Mouseketeer

Pin trading and Vinylmations...:confused3

I think they look cool; it's just not something I would spend loads of money on.