What other podcasts do you guys listen to?

I work the grave shift and spend about 5 to 7 hours a night pretty much by myself, so I listen to a lot of podcasts (18) and I just picked up five more from this thread, so thank you.

A couple of suggestions from me:

If you are interested in getting out of debt so you can go to Disney World more often :thumbsup2 you might like "The Dave Ramsey Show".

If you like History you may want to listen to "Norman Centuries" and "The History of England".

...and in the comedy department try "The Preston and Steve Show"
it's a morning radio show out of Philadelphia, but you don't need to live around here to enjoy the humor.

I too am an overnight worker. 11 years of 12a-8a... so hard!!

I listen to alot too! Love Ramsey!!

Great thread OPer!!

I tend to listen to what is current with my life. So next week we go to Vegas for the 1st time!! :cool1::cool1: so I have been listening to the DIS version of Vegas called Five Hundy by Midnight, awesome current Vegas info.

I am a pych geek!! So I also listen to:

BTR Steve Maraboli

A renowned Speaker, Bestselling Author, Global Philanthropist,and Entrepreneur, Steve Maraboli has risen to national prominence by delivering highly penetrating speeches and effective programs that help people shake off mediocrity, destroy personal barriers, and live up to their greatest potential. His words have helped countless people across the globe align themselves with happiness and create a mindset that attracts success and excellence.

The Best People We Know Radio Show

Ready to get motivated and inspired with the best experts and celebrities across the country?! Then join us every Tuesday and Thursday at 11:00 AM/EST when we promise to provide you with fresh, fun, and practical tools and tips you can use to be your very best! Call in with your questions to (347)637-1318, join the chat room, follow us for worry free updates now. Join your host, Deb Scott, Certified Coach, Speaker, and Award Winning Author of the Motivational Book "The Sky is Green & The Grass is Blue - turning your upside down world right side up!" Get ready to step into your greatness today! Love & Blessings, deb

now for fun:

The Danny Bonaduce Podcast

His morning radio show out of Philly

just found this, havent tried it yet.

Let's Dish Baby

Let's Dish Baby! Get the dish on all the things Entertainment, Daytime, and Primtime! There is an incredible line up of Stars each month that comes to dish with me! You really need to check it out! We air Mon-Tues-Thurs @ 10 pm, EST (dates, times, and guests are subject to change without notice) so make sure you keep checking our calendar!If you miss a show, you can download it on itunes, or right here in the archive pages! Stardish Radio can be found EVERYWHERE! Recent Guests Include: Twilight's Taylor Lautner (who plays Jacob Black in the Twilight films), Heroes' star Greg Grunberg, General Hospital's Real Andrews, Kelly Monaco and Jason Thompson, One Tree Hill star Barbara Alyn Woods, Scrubs' actor Bob Guiney, One Life to Live's Tonja Walker, actress and singer Gloria Loring, Days of our Lives' Sandra Dee Robinson, actor and model Aiden Turner, Melissa Claire Egan, and more

I also love the cruize cast podcast, going on my first in February..... Please do another Disney cruize podcast......

Thanks! Yeah, we'll have to figure out a unique topic for another Disney show. Don't want to just rehash what we've already said. If you'd like to come on and do a review after your cruise, let us know via our site, email or fb. :)

I am FASCINATED with this thread because I love the format of a podcast (works well for when I am traveling, errands, exercising, etc) but I've never been sure of the best way to find ones that I might like. I currently only listen to the DisUnplugged (obviously) including the Disneyland edition (even though I live in Ohio and have no plans to travel to Disneyland any time soon, i still find it very interesting) and a papercrafting podcast called The Paperclipping Roundtable. I will be checking back for all of your fabulous suggestions. If anyone has suggestions related to podcasts on Literature, History (i know some have already been mentioned), all things Culinary, paper crafts, and of course all the best on Disney. Thanks for starting this thread!

Kim

Passporter podcast
Netcot (now defunct as far as I can tell - but interesting old segments on DIsneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney)
Disney Food Blog (but this is limited because it usually just makes me hungry!)
Disgeek
WDW Memories

jcarter29 said:
I am FASCINATED with this thread because I love the format of a podcast (works well for when I am traveling, errands, exercising, etc) but I've never been sure of the best way to find ones that I might like. I currently only listen to the DisUnplugged (obviously) including the Disneyland edition (even though I live in Ohio and have no plans to travel to Disneyland any time soon, i still find it very interesting) and a papercrafting podcast called The Paperclipping Roundtable. I will be checking back for all of your fabulous suggestions. If anyone has suggestions related to podcasts on Literature, History (i know some have already been mentioned), all things Culinary, paper crafts, and of course all the best on Disney. Thanks for starting this thread!

Kim

For food podcats, I recommend Spilled Milk and The Splendid Table.

thank you! so excited to have all of these new listening options. dis-ers are the BEST!

Kim

With marathon training, I am going through a lot of podcasts!
I listen to both the DIS Unplugged and Disneyland edition.
I occasionally listen to WDW News Today. I will check out the other Disney ones people have mentioned! :yay: :dance3:

Non-Disney:
Car Talk (sad that they retired)
Slate's Political Gabfest
Another Mother Runner

I was quite into Doug Loves Movies and Mohr Stories for awhile, but haven't listened in a few months. Ditto This American Life.

If you are interested in learning another language in 15 minute increments, check out any of the Coffee Break series. I did Coffee Break Spanish a few years ago to teach myself the basics. Now I'm listening to Coffee Break French to improve my fluency.

Oooh I am excited to try some of these too! I am just starting The Moth (which my husband swears by). It is very interesting. People just come on and tell true stories from their lives and each one has a different theme. Some funny, some sad, some touching or weird...all different subjects. Very interesting.

ETA: If you want to try it, this is a fabulous one to start with- Steve Osborne- Takedown Day. I promised you will laugh and cry.

I listen to A LOT of podcasts... When I was gaming its was about 20 different gaming podcasts. Now I'm into finance, cruising, diablo, fitness and anything that has to do with the show and books Game of Thrones/a Song of fire and ice

Cruise/vacations
1. TheDis--- this one allows me to remember living in Florida and I'm on vacation while I listen to it.. lol oh and 2 words --- PETE'S RANTS

2. Cruise Cast-- I love they are more or less impartial. B/c of their fair opinion, I'm ready to try other Cruise lines. I don't wear rose colored glasses. The only thing I don't care for about this one is sometimes the focus on the Med is a bit much. Then again that is what they love too..

3.On Deck! with Scott and Allie -- they don't flow as well as Cruise cast but they still help fill the need for cruising itch.

I used to listen to other WdW based ones but after a while they all rehash old news/same topics.

Finance/business
1. Dave Ramsey -- good sound advice
2. Entreleadership

Diablo- this is a game that a lot of people played back in the day....Chances are you know someone that has or did play it. lol

1.Diablo off the record
2.Shatter Soulstone

Fitness
The Jillian Micheals Podcast- I always feel inspired from listening to her.

Photography
1.Twit photo
2.This week in photo
3.This week in tech

Game of Thrones
1.The night's Watch --- easily my favorite if you like Hbo's thrones this is a great one
2.Cast of Thrones--- I laugh a lot listening to this one two of the hosts are bf/gf and play off each other... its is very explicit
3. A podcast of Ice and Fire -- all about the books. Very spoiler heavy and took a while to get into there flow (like 35 episodes) and its explicit but if you are a fan of the books its a good one.

From ItunesU
The Tolkien proffessor-- they rip apart the hobbit and its interesting way to look at Tolkien's hobbit

Afterbuzz boardwalk empire--
I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I love the show(TV) but can't stand it when they try to tell me about how well the show is or isn't acted. Other than that part.. its worth listening too.

There is also another one that I listen to that really I think is too explicit for these boards.. LOL. That said, i think that one is interesting to see why people do what they do. I'll leave it at that.

Thanks to those who suggested "How Did Get This Made?" And "Doug Loves Movies" ... Both very funny and I'm really enjoying them. Also, I love, love, LOVE "The Bugle." Didn't even know this one existed and it had both my husband and I in tears we were laughing so hard. I've probably listened to a dozen Bugle's over the past week.

A couple others I like, that I haven't seen mentioned ...

"Moustalgia" ... Disneyland.

"Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill" ... Mostly Disney World; only monthly or so, but interesting history and speculation.

"Here's the Thing" ... Interview show hosted by Alec Baldwin. Wide range of subjects; very well done.

"Planet Money Podcast" ... Created by the same team as "This American Life." Very interesting take on finance and culture.

"Radiolab" ... Monthly (?) science-based (for the most part) podcast. Again, in much the same vein/style as "This American Life" (Single stories or groups of stories around a subject.)

"America's Test Kitchen Radio" ... Cooking show from the magazine Cook's Illustrated

... Other than that I can echo praise for some of the other stuff already mentioned here. Lots of NPR or NPR-like ("Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me", "This American Life", "NPR Most Emailed", "Stuff You Missed in History Class"), a few from Leo Laporte's TWIT network ("This Week in Tech," "MacBreak Weekly"), a couple other Disney-related ("DFB", "Intercot Insider," "Magical Definition").

I absolutely love Radiolab and This American Life, and another great WNYC show that you can listen to on podcast is Soundcheck, which is an hour discussion/performance with various bands (last week was Band of Horses).

Stitcher is a great iPhone app that helps you find podcasts and listen to live radio. I only use it when I have wi-fi because it streams, it doesn't download. But I love being able to search out whatever I'm in the mood for, whether it's short stories or listening to the Philips Phile from 104.1 in Orlando!

Besides the DIS

I really like

Wdwtoday
Touring plans with Jim Hill
Betamouse
WDW Kingdomcast (not your old auntie)

when I'm caught up with above I give the following a listen

Wedway radio. (I'd like it more if there was less DLR content.
BOGP I hate to say it but one of the hosts is a little irritating

The Moth
This American LIfe
Ted Talks
Mickey Miles Podcast
The Marathon Show
Pop Culture Happy Hour
Radio Lab:rotfl2:

to name a few...

Hi my name is Holly and I'm a podcast junkie!

So I sit at a desk for 8 hours and work on a computer. There is no one else to talk to except the dog who sleeps behind me. I find myself listening to a lot of DIS podcasts over and over.

Other ones I listen to are:
Rff radio
Armchair survivor
Betty in the sky with a suitcase- awesome and hysterical.
Five Hundy by midnight.

I wanted to add the MouseQuest Podcast. It was created by a group of DISers who are aspiring members of the WDW Moms Panel.

I sometimes listen to InsideTheMagic. If I have listened to the DIS Podcasts for the week and want more, I listen to WDW Radio. DIS Unplugged is the best for news and reviews, but for the history of Disney Parks, WEDWay Radio is AWESOME. :)

I used to listen to a few other podcast, but too many of them seem like they work for Disney the way they format their shows. Also l, others get a little too "inside the magic" when they spend the entire show replaying an interview with the food and beverage manager at whatever new restaurant just opened. I just listen to dis unplugged now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter