• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What other podcasts do you guys listen to?

The only disney podcasts I listen to are the DISunplugged and WDW radio (I don't love this one as much but I'm still new at listening to it).

I was also looking for new podcasts and just started listening to How Did This get Made? OMG this is the most hysterical podcast I have ever listened to and can't get enough!! It is about terrible movies. The team of two men and one woman picks a particular movie to watch and then they get together and discuss it - often times with a guest podcaster. It is most certainly NOT child friendly with a bunch of swearing and adult topics. It has a bit of dark humor which is right up my alley but not everyone's alleys.

I just listened to one of their podcasts after they watched a movie called "Birdemic" (Weird Al Yankovic was their guest for this episode). This episode should give you a good idea of their style and will pull you in if you are anything like me!

I'm going to check out "How Did This Get Made" - Stacy - thanks!

I also listen to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me regularly
and WDW Today and WDW Radio now and then
Love Car Talk, sorry they're retiring - shows will continue - in re-runs though.

5by5.tv
They have a lot of tech podcast that i listen to.
Big Web Show. I listen to because i'm going to school for web development/design.

I've recently fallen for The Thrilling Adventure Hour. It's funny that such a retro concept (old radio dramas) can be such an amazing use of modern technology. The writing is clever and funny. The performers and guests stars are stellar (Paul F Tompkins, Paget Brewster, Nathan Fillion, Busy Phillips). It is recorded in front of a live audience with an orchestra playing original music. The show comprises several recurring segments including the adventures of a Marshall on Mars, a pair of fast-talking, high society mediums, and an undercover millionaire trying to find his hobo princess. It's hilarious, and I hope to see it live one day the next time I'm in LA.

I work the grave shift and spend about 5 to 7 hours a night pretty much by myself, so I listen to a lot of podcasts (18) and I just picked up five more from this thread, so thank you.

A couple of suggestions from me:

If you are interested in getting out of debt so you can go to Disney World more often :thumbsup2 you might like "The Dave Ramsey Show".

If you like History you may want to listen to "Norman Centuries" and "The History of England".

...and in the comedy department try "The Preston and Steve Show"
it's a morning radio show out of Philadelphia, but you don't need to live around here to enjoy the humor.

I'm going to check out "How Did This Get Made" - Stacy - thanks!

I also listen to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me regularly
and WDW Today and WDW Radio now and then
Love Car Talk, sorry they're retiring - shows will continue - in re-runs though.
I also love Wait Wait Don't Tell me!

WDW Today, Inside the Magic, Window to the Magic for my Disney fix.

Non-Disney it's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and Ask Me Another (great to see NPR has picked up the show for new episodes starting in January, and that it'll be a weekly show as well).

WDW Today, Inside the Magic, Window to the Magic for my Disney fix.

Non-Disney it's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and Ask Me Another (great to see NPR has picked up the show for new episodes starting in January, and that it'll be a weekly show as well).

I love Ask Me Another too. I was actually on one of the episodes: "The Girl Who Played with Her Food." I was one of the contestants. It was a lot of fun and Jonathan Coulton is a genius!

Michael

I love Ask Me Another too. I was actually on one of the episodes: "The Girl Who Played with Her Food." I was one of the contestants. It was a lot of fun and Jonathan Coulton is a genius!

Michael

Just listened to that episode again...good job making it to Ask Me One More.

And thanks for reminding me how great InterjectSongs was.

Just listened to that episode again...good job making it to Ask Me One More.

And thanks for reminding me how great InterjectSongs was.

Thanks!

And InterjectSongs was brilliant. Whenever he has to do fun song things on the show it's really great!

And to whoever mentioned of Mouse and Man, started listening to that podcast: Brilliant! and not family friendly. well maybe my family. but we're ribald.

M

The only other podcasts I've listened to besides the Dis were few and mostly video gaming podcasts oddly. I listened to a few other disney podcasts but I always looked forward to the Dis Unplugged the most and it's still the only one I kept up with. I honestly can't remember what other Disney podcasts I listened to and I don't see any listed on this thread that sound familiar but it was years ago and for all I know they no longer exist except for The Dis Unplugged.

For awhile I was listening to these and only these:
The Dis Unplugged
Weekend Confirmed(weekly gaming podcast)
Gamers with Jobs(weekly gaming podcast)
Preston and Steve(local rock morning show. It made me laugh and kept me up to date on pop culture which I often forget to keep up on but I've stopped recently because it's a 2 hour plus podcast basically their show minus commercials. It's blue collar humor but the guys are geeks and often will have me laughing. Problem i ran into with this show is the amount they talk about sports but Philly is a big sports town so there isn't much I can do but I can always skip what I don't want to listen to.)
The Season Pass(listened to this for awhile it's a podcast about theme parks Disney parks are often mentioned along with other theme parks)

I like the stuff you should know collection from How Stuff Works. I regularly listen to:

-Stuff You Missed in History Class
-Stuff Mom Never Told You
-How Stuff Works

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I listen to most of the podcasts listed.

I have a pretty big list of podcasts
Since all of the Disney podcasts are listed that I listen to are already listed I'll just post non Disney ones.

The Adam Corolla show
Betty in the Sky with a suitcase
Bicycle radio
Cruize Cast
Here's the thing (Alec Baldwind does the interviews)
Mohr stories
Real time with Bill Maher
Wait wait don't tell me
The smartest man in the world (Greg Proops)
Stuff you missed in History Class
This week in travel
Travels with Rick Steves
WT* with Marc Maron

A lot of my favorites have been mentioned. I have to second the love for "How Did This Get Made". That show is hilarious. I've probably listened to the episode about The Smurfs half a dozen times. I also enjoy "Yeah, it's that bad" - also about bad movies.

I listen to:

1. Dis Unplugged
2. WDW Today
3. TheWDW Radio show
4. WDW Fan Boys
5. The Magical Definition Podcast
6. Stuff You Should Know
7. Stuff You Missed In History Class on double speed, these chicks are boring,but their topics are good.
8. Garrison Keeler's the Writer's Almanac Podcast
9. Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me
10. The H.P. Podcraft
11. WDWNT
12. General Conference of the LDS Church
13. The Truth

I like the stuff you should know collection from How Stuff Works. I regularly listen to:

-Stuff You Missed in History Class
-Stuff Mom Never Told You
-How Stuff Works

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I listen to these as well! I also listen to Inside the Magic (I'm surprised there aren't more listeners here!) and TED Talks. I love Ted talks :-)

We also love History of Rome-fascinating, pretty Hirt episodes.

This American Life-great story telling

Also started listening to Stuff you Missed after the Halifax show.

Spilled Milk-very funny food podcast. Short episodes, great chemistry between hosts-one of is the blogger behind the food blog Orangette.

Lot's of NPR: Wait, wait don't tell me, Car talk and Pop Culture happy hour.

I also listen to the Up yours downstairs: a podcast about Downton abbey (and oddly the most explicit). Also Radiolab and several of Rick Steves Podcasts.

I also listen to various nerdist podcasts:thumbsup2

Mine is a strange mix...

1. The Dis.
2. Ready to Unload with Cal and Sanpete (awesome cast about NY sports)
3. Darkness Radio (paranormal)
4. The New Ghost Chronicles (paranormal)
5. Hometown Tales Podcast
6. WDW Today
7. True Murder (true crime)
8. Stuff Mom Never Told you
9. Stuff You Should Know
10 The History Chicks
11 Night of the Living Podcast (horror movies)
12 ScreamQueenz (horror movies)
13 Stuff You Missed In History Class
14 The Bugle (kinda like the Daily show)
15 WDW Radio (only right before a trip)
16 The Best of Chris Moyles (which is over now :sad:)

As you can tell, I have A LOT of time to listen to them while at work.

I listen to most of the podcasts listed.

I have a pretty big list of podcasts
Since all of the Disney podcasts are listed that I listen to are already listed I'll just post non Disney ones.

The Adam Corolla show
Betty in the Sky with a suitcase
Bicycle radio
Cruize Cast
Here's the thing (Alec Baldwind does the interviews)
Mohr stories
Real time with Bill Maher
Wait wait don't tell me
The smartest man in the world (Greg Proops)
Stuff you missed in History Class
This week in travel
Travels with Rick Steves
WT* with Marc Maron

Thanks so much for the Cruize Cast shoutout!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter