What new to you side dish did you make yesterday?

Not a side, but I home-made my pie crusts this year for the first time.

This year for Christmas I'm going to make this garlic pull apart bread with a marinara sauce shaped like a Christmas tree!

MIL made five cup salad and squash and apples. Even though I didn't make it, and she's made it before, they were both first-time side dishes.

How did your crust turn out? I have not tried to make yet, my mom makes a great crust

I made sweet potato salad with apple smoked bacon, blue cheese and dried cranberries... It was a hit! We couldn't get enough! Next time I will make more. The sweet potatoes were cut in small cubes and it was really easy to make. The parsley gave it such a nice touch too. Sooo tasty!

creamed corn....and it was yummy but too much liquid. Had to strain it. I put cream, butter, cream cheese, s&p and a little bit of sugar. We also bought brussel sprouts to make but forgot, so later this weekend!
We did the same cream corn recipe. I didn't love it. Like you said, too liquidy.

I made sweet potato salad with apple smoked bacon, blue cheese and dried cranberries... It was a hit! We couldn't get enough! Next time I will make more. The sweet potatoes were cut in small cubes and it was really easy to make. The parsley gave it such a nice touch too. Sooo tasty!

This sounds yummy! Care to share recipe?

Does this count as a side?

11202961_10208353420583294_2948742701809313999_n.jpg

Do you have a recipe? I have a ton of snickers minis leftover from Halloween.

Thanks for posting this. Sounded yummy so I made it as a side for our dinner last night. It was really good! I made it without the bacon- it was just the sweet potatoes, cranberries and blue cheese.

Thanks for posting this. Sounded yummy so I made it as a side for our dinner last night. It was really good! I made it without the bacon- it was just the sweet potatoes, cranberries and blue cheese.
Nice! Your are quite welcome! I am actually heading to the supermarket to pick up some more blue cheese and turkey bacon. This recipe is a new favorite in my house!

creamed corn....and it was yummy but too much liquid. Had to strain it. I put cream, butter, cream cheese, s&p and a little bit of sugar. We also bought brussel sprouts to make but forgot, so later this weekend!
I tried a creamed corn for the first time too. The recipe was in the crockpot, so I was very skeptical. But it turned out wonderful and it was one less dish I had to worry about reheating. I did change it up a bit though as I used frozen organic corn instead of canned corn so maybe that is why I didn't have as much liquid. I also left out the sugar.

Since it was a small gathering and the same people are coming for Christmas Eve, I decided to experiment on them!

I made:
incredible whipped potatoes with cream cheese and horseradish from Bon Appite - amazing!
Creamed spinach ala Boston Market - very good but a little thick, I will use less roux next time
Honey maple roasted carrots with pomegranate seeds - good not great

It was fun to experiment and everyone ate very well :-)
I tried those carrots for the first time too. Nobody ate them.

I wanted to include sweet potatoes in our dinner but did not want mashed or marshmallow covered. I did sweet potato stackers with butter and coconut oil, rosemary and parmesan cheese. Oh, my, they were good. I had to make another batch the next day for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter