What meals do you cook are your family's favorites?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Inspired by the trying out a new recipe thread. ;)

For us, especially when the boys were here, were:

lasagna
Shepherd's pie
enchiladas
chicken and rice casserole

lots and lots. I cook new recipes all the time

DS requests chili (with kielbasa in it), BBQ cups, steak strips, chicken apple salad, Mexican lasagna, any kind of pasta with meat sauce, tacos, stir fry, spicy chicken casserole, white enchiladas. shepard's pie...both regular and Mexican

DD.....a lot pickier.....enchilada casserole, potato soup, BBQ cups

DH will eat about anything.....enchiladas is a favorite, as is baked omelets and quiches, Swiss steak, fajitas, salsa chicken

DH:
Cincinnati chili
Pad Thai
Nam Sod (Thai pork salad)
Stuffed Poblano peppers
Italian sausage with peppers & onions
Runzas (ground beef, cabbage and cheese filling in a bread dough dumpling)
Aji de gallina (Peruvian shredded chicken dish)

DD:
Lemon Chicken
Thai basil chicken
Chorizo chicken
Thai curry chicken
Homemade cream of tomato soup
Bruscetta
Chicken & waffles with flavored butter

Inspired by the trying out a new recipe thread. ;)

For us, especially when the boys were here, were:

lasagna
Shepherd's pie
enchiladas
chicken and rice casserole

Chicken fajitas or quesadillas,
beef barley soup,
ravioli and sausage,
chicken parmesan,
waffles and bacon
steak on the grill.

The ones everyone really likes would be:

chicken fajitas
homemade pizza
cheese soup with pretzels
chicken and spetzle skillet

lots and lots. I cook new recipes all the time

DS requests chili (with kielbasa in it), BBQ cups, steak strips, chicken apple salad, Mexican lasagna, any kind of pasta with meat sauce, tacos, stir fry, spicy chicken casserole, white enchiladas. shepard's pie...both regular and Mexican

DD.....a lot pickier.....enchilada casserole, potato soup, BBQ cups

DH will eat about anything.....enchiladas is a favorite, as is baked omelets and quiches, Swiss steak, fajitas, salsa chicken

What are BBQ cups?

All my dishes are vegan. These are some favourites:

Thai spring rolls
Kale and Dandelion Green Salad with various veggies served with balsamic vinegar
Pizza
California rolls with various veggies and ginger
Coconut Ginger soup with carrots potatoes zucchini
Pea Soup with barley
Potato Salad with homemade cashew mayo
Spinach Lentil Soup
Lasagna
Chili
Pasta with spicy tomato sauce, broccoli
Tofu Scramble with mushrooms, onions and broccoli
Tofu Quiche (wouldn't guess it's vegan)
Lentil Shepherd's Pie
Quinoa, chickpeas, roasted cauliflower, broccoli, shredded raw beets served with lemon tahini dressing

DS likes a weird casserole I call "chicken and junk"; made with seared chicken breast, stovetop stuffing and canned cream of chicken soup. He tends not to like large quantities of meat but he does like a few pasta dishes and a couple of homemade soups I make. For the most part, he'd live on garbage fast food if it was up to him.

DH doesn't really like casseroles or anything where the food is too combined; he prefers a well-prepared piece of meat and starchy sides. His favourite is a "steak-house" menu I do with rib-eye topped with shrimp, crabmeat and bernaise. I serve it with stuffed potatoes and caprese salad.

They both love breakfast for dinner and a good turkey feast with all the traditional sides done "Mom's way". Oddly, neither of them really care for baking or desserts which kind of makes me sad because I'd like to be able to "love them" with some nice chocolate chip cookies or an apple pie once in a while...

#1 - Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream (allrecipes.com) I've been tempted to substitute chicken or shrimp, but haven't done so (yet). ;)
Lasagna
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Parmesan Tilapia
Burrito Pie

Rosemary ranch chicken (allrecipes)
Digger Dans chicken (chicken in tomatoe, garlic, white wine sauce)
Lasagne
Olive Chicken (Giada)
Chili
Spaghetti & Meatballs
Zuppa Toscana
Slow Cooker beef stroganoff
Baked Salmon
Chicken Picatta
Marinated flank steak
Tacos

3 ounce beef filet wrapped in bacon, grilled over charcoal & mesquite
Tossed salad
Loaded baked potato
Sparkling raspberry juice from Stone Hill Winery

Chicken tenders grilled & basted with lime juice & fajita seasoning
Red potato salad with bacon & cheese
Fresh sliced tomatoes
Spiral pasta salad

Quick favorite dinner would be Salad Pizza. Take a Boboli crust and bake for 10 minutes, take out and pour a little Good Seasons salad dressing made with balsamic vinegar (the "sauce"), then add shredded or chopped greens, chopped tomato, black olives, sliced red onions, chopped cucumbers, grilled chicken and finally shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack or mozzarella). Pop back in oven for about 3 or 4 minutes until the cheese melts. Cut in slices and serve with more salad dressing if desired.

http://www.boboli.com/

Other favorite is Sausage and Peppers (Italian sausage with red, green, yellow peppers and white onion, Italian seasonings). Made that tonight for dinner!!

MJ

Everyone loves my tacos but myself and oldest DD could eat them everyday. Years ago I had a friend who couldn't tolerate ground beef so I substituted ground turkey breast w/chicken fajita seasoning and we've been eating them that way ever since. I make my own retried beans and we fry our taco shells. Real shredded cheese from the block, no bagged stuff, it makes a huge difference in flavor.

DH's taco salad which he makes the next day with my left over taco fixings. Oddly DS is not a fan of tacos (he has quesadilla) but will eat the taco salad like there's no tomorrow. Weird kid, lol.

DH's Nachos made with my beans and chicken. I can use the same exact ingredients and they never come out the way he does them.

DD's Chicken Cesare

Homemade fettuccine Alfredo.

Chicken Piccatta (DH's Favorite)

"Fish Sauce" marinara with shrimp, clams and crab meat.

Chicken Parm

DH's Tri Tip, the next day he makes Carne Asada with the leftovers, another hit.

Chicken or Shrimp Scampi (or mixed!)

Any kind of seafood

Wings and homemade fries in the Actifry

My two youngest LOVE my Swedish Meatballs

Those are the favorites, most other things some adore while others are 'meh' about it.

Spaghetti
Steak (we don't eat this as often now. :( )
Meatloaf
Tacos and burritos
Chicken and noodles (good when it's cold)
Stir fry chicken (you add whatever you're in the mood for)

Also vegan here. My family likes variety, so I try to change things up. Also, some of the little ones (my grandkids) are fussier than others. But some guaranteed hits include:
Black bean burgers (homemade, from the Peas and Thank You cookbook). Everyone loves these.
Cheesy Bean Soup (from Let Them Eat Vegan)
Cream of Broccoli Soup (from Isa Does It)
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup (from Soup's On) (The "cheesy" in these recipes does not refer to actual cheese!)
Various lentil "dal" soups - we like curry!
Butter "chicken" made with seitan
Chickpea-Spinach curry (another one that is always a hit)
Black bean enchiladas
Barbecue beans with cornmeal biscuits
Polenta lasagna
Tofu Frittata (which my grandkids call "Hakuna Frittata")
California Salad rolls (they LOVE these!)
I'm sure there are lots more...

Meat Loaf
chili mac
sweet n sour meatballs
hot german potato salad
fresh string beans
fresh brussel sprouts
chicken, peas and mushrooms in a creamy gravy over rice
steak and fried potatoes and onions
turkey tacos with black beans
korean fire beef
vietnamese pork chops
candied turnips
any version of Indian food I come up with (We like curry and spice)
split pea soup
ham
Salad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter